• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Problem Alert!!!

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
my wii isn't reading teh game disk anymore! it isn't cracked, it isn't filthy, it just isn't reading!

SOMEBODY HEEEEEEELP!!!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Same problem happened to me. :) Somebody here told me to get a Wii cleaning system at GameStop. It costs about ten dollars and fixed the Wii up in no time.

The problem is that Brawl runs on a dual-layered disk function (somethin' like that) and older Wiis can become dusty on the inside to where it cannot read Brawl's disk. A good clean is all that it took for me! ;)

Jezis

Smash Rookie
Yea when i 1st got my wii i had to send it in to nintendo with my copy of brawl and they fixed it free of charge and sent it back

Giffica

Smash Rookie
I found that i get a alert that the Wii cannot read the disk, but i start it back up again and its fine. However i did notice iv played brawl so much that i have a ring around the brawl disk near the center!

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i've been trying everything, taking the disk out and putting it in again, turning the wii off and back on again, taking the wii disk out and cleaning it on my shirt, even blowing in to the disk slot! oh, and POKE40, i got my wii some time in 2008, anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes. :) If you can spare ten or so dollars, try goign to GameStop and purchasing a Wii cleaner. Its like this little disk that you insert into the console and it cleans the lens. Your lens is proabbaly dusty, which is why it cannot read the Brawl disk. I'm pretty sure this'll work; your situation is identical to mine.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i only have $5, so, that's out, any other ideas?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Er, uh, well, if you can't clean it yourself, then I guess you'll have to send it to Nintendo....

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
oh, and i forgot to mention, all the other games i have work the very first time, while brawl takes like a gazillion tries before it works.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
oh, and i forgot to mention, all the other games i have work the very first time, while brawl takes like a gazillion tries before it works.
I know. :) This isn't too uncommon; it happened to me too. I'm confident that my advice will work.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
hmm... you know, now that i think about it that makes sense, i think i'll keep it stored away in teh vault of ideas that is my head, anyone else want to contribute an idea?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I faced the same problem a few weeks ago. All you have to do is send in your Wii and Brawl disc to Nintendo, and they will repair it for you for free. The problem is the lens in the older version of the Wii has trouble reading dual-layer discs, so a new lens must be put in in order to solve the problem.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
ooh! that's a good idea, too!
any other ideas?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Er, that's really it. All Nintendo is gonna do when you send it is clean it with similar stuff you can buy at GameStop. Only difference is its free.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this is a semi-common problem. I've had it once before. I looked into it before deciding what action to take. Turns out the Wii wasn't reading ANY disks Wii/GC ect. It's just a messed up lens. Usually when dropped a few times (I have a bad habit of it..) or the Wii is placed in a dusty area (i.e. a shelf, carpet, etc.). At the time I haven't heard anything about cleaning stuff from Gamestop so I just sent in the Wii (Brawl disk is unessesary to send... go use it to play at a friends house...) to Nintendo to fix it. It doesn't take nearly as long to fix it as the 360's red rings. Got it back somewhere between 1-2 weeks and it works in tip top shape.

Reccomendations for when you do get your Wii fixed:
1) Always be careful of how your holding/careing it.
2) Never leave the disk in the Wii (this can damage the disk or the Wii itself.
3) When placeing the Wii, if its on a shelf, hardwood floor ect. Make sure its dusted and nothing can get in the fan. If your placeing it on carpet, just put it on a book or something to keep it from the dusty carpet.

Let me know if this helps (even though everyone just went over this...)

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
you all make excellent suggestions, i went with the wii cleaner, it's working fine now, thanks:)

Top Bottom