• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Players in the Chicago Area

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to revive the scene in Chicago with our monthly tournaments. We've seen a steady decline every month but i'm hoping that changes this month since we removed the limit on number of different games you can compete in at the event. Our upcoming event is this Sunday September 7th at The Gaming Goat in Schaumburg, IL. More info can be found on the event page here

https://www.facebook.com/events/639276459501721/

And the power ranking which we use for seeding can be found here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJ5BrJjkPaBhj2qSoIZ39U4kytIcs0dwDmE-rjSNW-M/pubhtml

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
@ Events2Compete Events2Compete I'd love to go, but it's super far away. Does anyone come from the Chicago Loop area that I can get in contact with?

Basically, what would be a 40 minute car drive for me is a 3.5 hour trip because I have no car. =(

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
@ Events2Compete Events2Compete I'd love to go, but it's super far away. Does anyone come from the Chicago Loop area that I can get in contact with?

Basically, what would be a 40 minute car drive for me is a 3.5 hour trip because I have no car. =(
We have a lot of players coming from the loop. I'm offering rides to players that are going to the Palatine or Schaumburg metra station. Feel free to post on the Facebook event page or Chicago Melee group page to see if anyone is attending near you. Or if you want to take the metra and want a ride let me know.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
We have a lot of players coming from the loop. I'm offering rides to players that are going to the Palatine or Schaumburg metra station. Feel free to post on the Facebook event page or Chicago Melee group page to see if anyone is attending near you. Or if you want to take the metra and want a ride let me know.
Thanks! I made my post, hopefully someone can hook me up. I'm gonna have to pass on the Metra though. I was super excited about this event because it wouldn't be a super long trip. I'd gone to some MW tournaments a couple years ago and they were weekend long excursions due to travel, and it was just really stressful and unpleasant for me. =(

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I made my post, hopefully someone can hook me up. I'm gonna have to pass on the Metra though. I was super excited about this event because it wouldn't be a super long trip. I'd gone to some MW tournaments a couple years ago and they were weekend long excursions due to travel, and it was just really stressful and unpleasant for me. =(
Hope you can make our next tournament.

***Important Update***

We are now including Super Smash Bros 3DS to the event. Please bring setups for that game if you can. We would like to have a few extra setups to allow everyone a chance to check the game out.

Start times have been added.

Smash 3DS
2v2's : Noon
1v1's : 2:00 pm

Project M
2v2's: Noon
1v1's: 2:00 pm

Brawl
2v2's: 2:00 pm
1v1's: 4:00 pm

Melee
2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

*Times are subject to change so check the night before October 11th to confirm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pot Bonuses have been added as well as an added incentive to get a bigger turnout.

Smash 3DS
$40 if 30 or more players register for 1v1's
$20 if 10 teams or more register for 2v2's

Melee
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Project M
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Brawl
$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$300 in pot bonuses if we reach our goal for each game. Make sure to invite your friends to attend for us to add the pot bonus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are also including complimentary pizza for all players. You will be given tickets to use for pizza when registering. We'll pass out the pizzas around 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.

Top Bottom