• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online

LuigiTheKing

Smash Cadet
Brawls online is going to suck because the online only has 2 min random matches...... Also there are no rankings so you will either play someone u can just destroy or someone who is sooooo good you cant even compete with them..........

I think there should be different kinds of matchmaking like stock or 2v2 or 3v3 stock matchmaking for brawl and levels to go with each type of matchmaking so you don't play people who are too easy for your skill level or too hard. Also brawl should set up a system like medal of honor heroes 2 where you can not have the same gamer tag as another person so it would be easier to add friends.

Also i am mad at Sakurai for not allowing voice chat or any message system online because it adds a new degree to competitive play. In conclusion Sakurai ****ed up the online for brawl and made it way to simple with only one random matchmaking type which isn't the most popular type of matchmaking!

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!

Sorry, this was not me saying this, for one, I use proper grammar and actually know how to type. But anyway, I left my account logged on at my neighbor's house, and he felt the need to post this. I disagree with all the ideas he had, and I laugh at his ability at forming an argument.

Anyway, Yeah, I did not make this post, don't think I'm an idiotic troll.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Erm... you post with no proof? The online test could have just involved only a time match. =O Plus it mentions no ranks "in this mode" for brawl with anyone mode. There may in fact be some kind of ranking system for you and your friends. Plus there's always other ways around like making the list online. =D

LuigiTheKing

Smash Cadet
]\
Erm... you post with no proof? The online test could have just involved only a time match. =O Plus it mentions no ranks "in this mode" for brawl with anyone mode. There may in fact be some kind of ranking system for you and your friends. Plus there's always other ways around like making the list online. =D

How about you read the interview with Sakurai before questioning me u stupid fan boy/ troll,

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
People, even if the online component of the game does not turn out to be as good as we hoped we all have to realize that it won't even matter. Think back and consider how much time all of you spent playing melee. Even if the online isn't very good we are all still going to enjoy the game regardless.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
the online mode may suck in terms of what it could potentially be, but its better than nothing. i read somewhere that implementing an online ranking system, leaderboards etc would mean there would be 'many hurdles to cross'. sure, it could have been a little better, but im not complaining with what we've got

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Brawls online is going to suck because the online only has 2 min random matches...... Also there are no rankings so you will either play someone u can just destroy or someone who is sooooo good you cant even compete with them..........

I think there should be different kinds of matchmaking like stock or 2v2 or 3v3 stock matchmaking for brawl and levels to go with each type of matchmaking so you don't play people who are too easy for your skill level or too hard. Also brawl should set up a system like medal of honor heroes 2 where you can not have the same gamer tag as another person so it would be easier to add friends.

Also i am mad at Sakurai for not allowing voice chat or any message system online because it adds a new degree to competitive play. In conclusion Sakurai ****ed up the online for brawl and made it way to simple with only one random matchmaking type which isn't the most popular type of matchmaking!
You got brawl already? Man you rock sucks that you gota play 2min matches huh..so are there alot of other people online as well??? Keep us posted

zergman

Smash Cadet
People, even if the online component of the game does not turn out to be as good as we hoped we all have to realize that it won't even matter. Think back and consider how much time all of you spent playing melee. Even if the online isn't very good we are all still going to enjoy the game regardless.
Yeah thats true, but a big part of my buying a cube was because there were rumors melee would be online. If this online sucks I'm not sure if I can handle waiting for a fourth one. They should make it like warcraft 3's online ladder system. They don't want all the little kids to see crap they shouldn't and what not, but just let people have a name and a matching system based on their win/loss record.
With all that said someone will make a web site were people meet, share their codes, play matches, and then report them back to the site were there will be a database with everyone's records.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
From what I can tell, the "With Anyone" matches will be restricted to 2 minutes. The "With Friends" matches will be customizable.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I've read those interviews with Sakurai and Iwata and saw NOTHING about ONLY being 2 minute timed matches... You speak lies.

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
The brawl with anyone mode only has a 2 minute brawl setting? I don't exactly disagree with that but that hasn't been confirmed and with everything they are putting in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if the mode gives you the option of either a 2 minute match or 3 stock match.

I also think that the online mode will be perfectly fine as long as you are able to customize the play with friends mode like you would be if you were local, or at least close to it.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Quote from Dojo: Isn’t that simple? You don’t have to trouble with any settings. You just choose characters and stages.

Orsist

Smash Cadet
"Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play." http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

This seems to imply that there will be records kept for playing with friends. I can imagine leagues of people befriending each other to form crews.

"You could also choose Team Battle, but we’ll choose Basic Brawl here." http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html

I see nothing that says that Friends will be restricted to 2 minute matches. It seems to me that a friend can host a room and edit the match settings there, and only his/her friends can join the room. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
First of all, I think it is highly likely there will only be 2 minute brawl.. :( Read this carefully...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html
You can see that you just join a room (in the room there is no option to choose the settings, just the character - which you can see in the icon) You think click "begin brawl" and the match starts....
Of course there could be a menu that you could choose stocks/no items etc. for but then why wouldnt he tell us?

0ranger

Smash Cadet
First of all, I think it is highly likely there will only be 2 minute brawl.. :( Read this carefully...
You can see that you just join a room (in the room there is no option to choose the settings, just the character - which you can see in the icon) You think click "begin brawl" and the match starts....
Of course there could be a menu that you could choose stocks/no items etc. for but then why wouldnt he tell us?
It's a safe bet the "With Friends" mode will allow for stock matches.

Orsist

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately it does not give many details on the options the host has in their own room, but I'm remaining optimistic here and guessing they have full customizing abilities just like a VS mode.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
It says on the introduction to the whole wi fi play thing, that friend matches allow customization. It's just extra effort. Not that hard. Even still, with anyone should be fun. If it's anything like other WFC games, it'll have some options you can tinker with.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Yea, hopefully it will have....the stock/items settings is the only thing im worried about. I'm not so worried about the ladders/ranks....tiny competitive communities make their own ladder (e.g UaW...like 50 ppl online at a time) so im sure one this huge will find a good way :p

rockkybox

Smash Rookie

From the With anyone/basic brawl update: 'You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players. Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery.'

I imagine that if item swich is available in basic brawl, then mode will be, after all mode is much more important, and sakurai knows this

Eagle

Smash Lord
Quote from Dojo: Isn’t that simple? You don’t have to trouble with any settings. You just choose characters and stages.
You don't have to, but you can. ^_^'

Otherwise, the ITEM icon at the top right corner is just for decoration.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I surely hope your only talking about random games, because Sakurai added a chat system .(even though it is incredibly meager, but still the only wii game to do so)

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
S0CRAT3S used Counter!

1) Online only has 2 min random 2 vs 2 matches? If you actually look at the DOJO!!, Sakurai says that stage and mode will be choosable...Know your facts before you make a fool of yourself...

2) Voice chat is only really useful for FPSs, and even then, you're mostly listening to 13 year olds yelling every swear word they know, breathing heavily into the mic, or something else annoying...The precise reason I don't play Halo 3 online, anymore...

3) And if you aren't happy with With Anyone mode, you can just ask everyone you know on here for their friend codes and have tournies THAT way...

Good Hell, this is almost as bad as the "It Won't Last!" thread...=_=

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
its true mic's r just so over rated...they're is always some1 pissing every1 off and the only thing its good for is for saying "pwned" when u kill some1 :)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Anyone who disagrees with the main poster should check out my thread (in my sig). Realize that online play isn't going to be as awesome as person-person. It still can be fun... and organizers such as myself can make leaderboards and track stats. So please relax.

LuigiTheKing

Smash Cadet

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!

Sorry, this was not me saying this, for one, I use proper grammar and actually know how to type. But anyway, I left my account logged on at my neighbor's house, and he felt the need to post this. I disagree with all the ideas he had, and I laugh at his ability at forming an argument.

Anyway, Yeah, I did not make this post, don't think I'm an idiotic troll.

Top Bottom