• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl online - second thoughts!

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
i really hope brawl doesn't make it online. there wont be as much tournaments. no more road trip's. :(
I like staying in my house! that way, if i lose i don't carry my shame on the whole drive down. If i lose online i can just get me something too eat.

Anyways i stick by - Brawl Online Ftw

Zian

Smash Cadet
Online play would definitly give nintendo a weapon against Halo 3 and Microsoft. They'd be foolish not to put 100% effort to make the online experience the best it could be. I'd take a 6 month delay just for it to be online.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Online play would definitly give nintendo a weapon against Halo 3 and Microsoft. They'd be foolish not to put 100% effort to make the online experience the best it could be. I'd take a 6 month delay just for it to be online.
Well online was apparently why it is being released this late, All we can do is wait and see now.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
meh i played that Super Strikers thing online on my wii....
well the connection is bad, it has lag...
also,
sometimes the game just crashes on you when you go online , nothing happens and then u have to hard-reset your wii (by actually cutting off the electricity.)

i dont have good hopes about brawl being any better online...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
meh i played that Super Strikers thing online on my wii....
well the connection is bad, it has lag...
also,
sometimes the game just crashes on you when you go online , nothing happens and then u have to hard-reset your wii (by actually cutting off the electricity.)

i dont have good hopes about brawl being any better online...
Did you check the connection status? Gamespot said that they didn't experience a lot of lag. As a matter of fact, there was little lag.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
even if i get 4 or 5 stars
when actually playing the lag is not so big
but with starting up, logging in and stuff... it can cause troubles.
I see. I thought you were talking about actually playing the game. I didn't think you would have that much trouble just to start up a game and logging in.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
logging in can take ages... with this i mean up to 2 minutes (usually 1 minute though and im on 10 Mbit) .
and this is quite long i think for someone excited to play an online match.
1 out of 4 times you have to re-start your logging in as well...
connection timeout for a few seconds means forfeiting the match and restarting your entire wii to return into online modus, because it wont let u re-connect to anything anymore (not even in other channels like Internet Channel or Everybody Votes channel).

they should fix this with an update cuz it ofcourse can happen reguarraly that you have a small ping timeout.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
logging in can take ages... with this i mean up to 2 minutes (usually 1 minute though and im on 10 Mbit) .
and this is quite long i think for someone excited to play an online match.
1 out of 4 times you have to re-start your logging in as well...
connection timeout for a few seconds means forfeiting the match and restarting your entire wii to return into online modus, because it wont let u re-connect to anything anymore (not even in other channels like Internet Channel or Everybody Votes channel).

they should fix this with an update cuz it ofcourse can happen reguarraly that you have a small ping timeout.
I'm sure they'll fix it eventually to please their customers.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
but the fact that it wasn't announced at E3 is a very good reason to think that maybe it was removed.

Sakurai would be hated forever if he didn't make this game online, though. Online's not a big deal to me, but after seeing how some people reacted to other features of the game, people would go crazy if online wasn't in as well.
i thought it was confirmed though, although criptically. remember they gave the brawl release date and then they segwayed into new online modes, i.e. ways to play without friend codes. they then showed mario kart wii as an example

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
All i wanna say is that if nintendo screws how good brawl will be online, then they'll screw their company, with it being online u don't have to drive to ppl's houses, u can even start an awesome rivalry on smashboards which would b super cool, and even if they don't have an online scoreboard like ign said they prolly wouldn't, u'll still get recognized by the ppl u beat on smahboards, o and one more thing, u wont have to fight any dumb cpus therefore u could b awesome in brawl even if there is no one around u that plays it well. I can't wait, can u edgeswipe!:chuckle::laugh::p:);)

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has been in developement since 05. I really think in almost 3 years time that they could get online play implemented along with boat loads of oter stuff.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
1) Just because they said they were interested in having online play a year ago does not gurantee things have changed.

2) STOP MENTIONING E3 THIS PROVES NOTHING. Like I have had to say a million times they said ahead of time SSBB would NOT be shown at E3 but it would at the TGS which is a bigger deal.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Yeah, but what the hell was nintendo thinkin when they didn't even mention brawl at e3, thats still a lil suspicious. I mean brawl's comin out december 3, and e3 happened this month, if brawl's comin out almost 5 months l8r, i think they would've know whether or not brawl would be online, if it was why the heck wouldn't they mention it :(

brawlpro

Smash Master
1) Just because they said they were interested in having online play a year ago does not gurantee things have changed.

2) STOP MENTIONING E3 THIS PROVES NOTHING. Like I have had to say a million times they said ahead of time SSBB would NOT be shown at E3 but it would at the TGS which is a bigger deal.
Sorry, i posted my post that mentioned e3 while u posted that post, sorry, thnx for tellin me.

Top Bottom