• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Alright alright, I guess you don't like it :p
I know you do >:]
Edit: @ Rickster Rickster I AM! :D What if they reveal all the characters? :O
I'm expecting at least one character reveal. They might reveal a few veterans and then a newcomer. If we're lucky, we'll get a release date and maybe some new footage. Sakurai might even explain some new game mechanics.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm expecting at least one character reveal. They might reveal a few veterans and then a newcomer. If we're lucky, we'll get a release date and maybe some new footage. Sakurai might even explain some new game mechanics.
Its gonna be chrom and palutena it makes most sense.

and a release date, and a show of gameplay

sounds about right.

kaazers

Smash Master
And then...silence...
>___>

<___<
Hmm, a bunch of people like doing eye aerobics...I guess i'll do them too :p
>_>
<_<
^_^
And hoooooooold iiiiit…

Da hell did I just come back to...

>_>
<_<
>_>

>_________>

>_________________>;

HOOOOLD IIIIT

>____________________________>;;

y u do dis 2 meh kaaz?
See?
She's got it!

@ Matsushi Matsushi :
Oh myyyy… is that Lightning?
I like Lightning.
/scoots closer
:troll:

Hah.
/brofist

So I learned that going out for a drive in an unfamiliar part of town isn't the best idea. Haha, got lost! Got back not too long ago.

Off to eat my 10 PM dinner now.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Its gonna be chrom and palutena it makes most sense.

and a release date, and a show of gameplay

sounds about right.
I'm somewhat doubtful of Chrom. I feel like he would play the same as Marth. They both use the same sword, right? (Only played the demo of FE: Awakening so please don't spoil anything.)
Also since Lucario got back in I wouldn't be surprised if Ike returned as a FE rep.

I have no opinion about Palutena.

Personally I'm hoping for Wolf's reveal, and maybe Krystal at some point. They seem to be desperate for female fighters, it seems. Couldn't care less about Falco. Not interested in anyone else, really.

Edit: Actually, I want to know if Shiek is coming back too. And what the deal is with that Phantom in Zelda's slideshow.
Edit 2: Also want to know more about the newcomers. Wow, this quickly turned from "what characters I want" to "what I want to hear on the Direct".

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I'm actually glad we're getting more females this time around. We need 'em >_>

Oh, I'm sorry, Kaaz.

HOOOOLD IIIIIT

>_____________________________________________>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm somewhat doubtful of Chrom. I feel like he would play the same as Marth. They both use the same sword, right? (Only played the demo of FE: Awakening so please don't spoil anything.)
Also since Lucario got back in I wouldn't be surprised if Ike returned as a FE rep.

I have no opinion about Palutena.

Personally I'm hoping for Wolf's reveal, and maybe Krystal at some point. They seem to be desperate for female fighters, it seems. Couldn't care less about Falco. Not interested in anyone else, really.

Edit: Actually, I want to know if Shiek is coming back too. And what the deal is with that Phantom in Zelda's slideshow.
Edit 2: Also want to know more about the newcomers. Wow, this quickly turned from "what characters I want" to "what I want to hear on the Direct".
there's going to be 3 FE characters this time, no doubt about it. it's going to be marth, ike, and chrom or roy. most likely chrom, sakurai knows how to make characters different so it'll work.

She's going to be in probably

idk about krystal, might just be those 3 SF pilots again. but we'll see.

sheik is coming back lol, there's no impa or anything.

that will probably happen.

Lol my ssb4 self is showing..lol
I'm actually glad we're getting more females this time around. We need 'em >_>

Oh, I'm sorry, Kaaz.

HOOOOLD IIIIIT

>_____________________________________________>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
easier giggity's amirite? :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yes she b nice and flexible....

just how i like em... hnnn--

/shot

:troll:

(yeah i miss twili, its better for her to get these)
2 pages In a row?....BUT IM SUPPOSED TO BE PAGE PRINCE :'( btw, where has Twi been? :o

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
there's going to be 3 FE characters this time, no doubt about it. it's going to be marth, ike, and chrom or roy. most likely chrom, sakurai knows how to make characters different so it'll work.

She's going to be in probably

idk about krystal, might just be those 3 SF pilots again. but we'll see.

sheik is coming back lol, there's no impa or anything.

that will probably happen.

Lol my ssb4 self is showing..lol

easier giggity's amirite? :troll:
Have you seen the similarities between Ganondorf and Cap. Falcon? They're practically clones. Although I do feel like there won't be any clones this time.

About Krystal...well, SF doesn't need four reps...it's too small of a series. I wouldn't mind if she didn't get in. Just having a small hope, that's all. If one of them has to go, please let it be Falco. He's way too similar to Fox. And Wolf is a "villain" and apparently some people want more villains. He's also more unique than Falco, save for some ledge and floor animations.

I'm fine with Sheik, but Zelda really needs something to make her viable. I'm not sure what it is though. What exactly makes her good enough to be #3 in P:M?
Oh, and I'm also mad about Din's Fire. It didn't need to be bigger or stronger or anything like that....IT NEEDS TO HAVE LESS LAG AND NOT BE AS EASY TO AVOID.

If Sakurai still ties Shiek to Zelda they need to make the "Damager>KOer" thing actually work.

Edit: Yeah, where's Twi been?

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Have you seen the similarities between Ganondorf and Cap. Falcon? They're practically clones. Although I do feel like there won't be any clones this time.

About Krystal...well, SF doesn't need four reps...it's too small of a series. I wouldn't mind if she didn't get in. Just having a small hope, that's all. If one of them has to go, please let it be Falco. He's way too similar to Fox. And Wolf is a "villain" and apparently some people want more villains. He's also more unique than Falco, save for some ledge and floor animations.

I'm fine with Sheik, but Zelda really needs something to make her viable. I'm not sure what it is though. What exactly makes her good enough to be #3 in P:M?
Oh, and I'm also mad about Din's Fire. It didn't need to be bigger or stronger or anything like that....IT NEEDS TO HAVE LESS LAG AND NOT BE AS EASY TO AVOID.

If Sakurai still ties Shiek to Zelda they need to make the "Damager>KOer" thing actually work.

melee rushed, brawl was rushed. this is the first smash this isn't rushed to death lol.

I like krystal, but think wolf just took it from her. but i hope i'm wrong.

mostly because of her easy ability to combo, and her din's fire nicely sets that up. play dan's zelda and you'll see what i'm talking about ;)

I'm guessing sakurai will speed up the transformation, and buff zelda's killing power a bit more. smash 4 will be different then brawl, so i know zelda won't straight up suck this time.

with namco on board, it'll probably happen.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739

Falco is "way too similar" to Fox?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Smash 64 confirmed not to be a game by Zero :troll:

Zelda is good because of her:
- Anti pressure abilities (Teleport, Love Jump, Dins)
- Stage Control (3 dins)
- Recovery (Teleport is pretty much ungimpable, going off stage is situational. Then the mixup between Stage vs. Ledge.)
- Pretty crazy kill power for such a good camping character (Lightning kicks kill at CF Knee percent, Up Air, Down Air Meteor, All Smashes, Up Tilt, Back Throw)

Probably more stuff but she can be played fairly easily as a campy character and has some pretty crazy aspects.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Falco is "way too similar" to Fox?
Well...Sakurai could differentiate him a little more. His Umash, Dsmash, Ftilt, Dtilt, Uair, Side B, Up B, and Final Smash use the same animations with the only differences being in damage and knockback.
lol are we gonna have dis in dis thread?

I can't escape speculation lul.
Yeah, maybe I should stop posting...
Smash 64 confirmed not to be a game by Zero :troll:

Zelda is good because of her:
- Anti pressure abilities (Teleport, Love Jump, Dins)
- Stage Control (3 dins)
- Recovery (Teleport is pretty much ungimpable, going off stage is situational. Then the mixup between Stage vs. Ledge.)
- Pretty crazy kill power for such a good camping character (Lightning kicks kill at CF Knee percent, Up Air, Down Air Meteor, All Smashes, Up Tilt, Back Throw)

Probably more stuff but she can be played fairly easily as a campy character and has some pretty crazy aspects.
Ah, so that's why. Think she'll get nerfed?
-----------------------------------------------------
I can't believe these discussions are happening...and I started it...

Edit: Ha. No one's posting anymore. I think I should go..
Edit 2: Right after I say that...

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Did somebody say...

FINAL FANTASY XIII?

Lightning Returns is so good omg.
I can't say how tempted I was to buy myself a gift when Lightning Returns came out on my birthday. Painfully Waiting for a good price drop. Painfully.

Kinda dead right now. Anyways, gonna get on Basic.

Blue Snake.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Looks like things have quieted down now.
Did somebody say...

FINAL FANTASY XIII?

Lightning Returns is so good omg.
I'm currently on a playthrough of it! It's pretty fun, but I think I like the first FFXIII better. I'm about to get a game over from running out of time.

kaazers

Smash Master
Looks like things have quieted down now.

I'm currently on a playthrough of it! It's pretty fun, but I think I like the first FFXIII better. I'm about to get a game over from running out of time.
My favorite's FFXIII-2 so far. Still haven't played Lightning Returns yet.

Haha, does anyone else find Snow annoying?

Going to bed....

But when the skies awake....
I'm awake......

So we have to plaaaaaay
Night, Pika!

Don't do this to me….

Rukia

Enamored
@ kaazers kaazers
Buy Xillia and Graces f. You will enjoy it. Psst, add my PSN while you're add it too. And Persona 4 comes out next week on PS3. The orgasm.

@ Rickster Rickster
You gotta work fast in that game. I'm currently in the Wildlands. I loathe the fact that Lightning was given skanky clothing. It ruins her whole... manliness. Also, I whole heartedly agree. The first game will always be the best, hands down.

kaazers

Smash Master
@ kaazers kaazers
Buy Xillia and Graces f. You will enjoy it. Psst, add my PSN while you're add it too. And Persona 4 comes out next week on PS3. The orgasm.

@ Rickster Rickster
You gotta work fast in that game. I'm currently in the Wildlands. I loathe the fact that Lightning was given skanky clothing. It ruins her whole... manliness. Also, I whole heartedly agree. The first game will always be the best, hands down.
Haha, okay. Gonna give those a try next time. I rarely ever touch the PSN, but sure! I didn't know Persona 4 is coming out next week..! The PS2 version though, right? No point in me buying it, sadly…

Loved FFXIII but found it pretty linear. That's why I enjoyed FFXIII-2 more.

edit; I'd be on it like white on rice if it was the Golden version.
edit2; Want that Golden version so bad.
edit3; Really bad.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Going to bed....

But when the skies awake....

I'm awake......

So we have to plaaaaaay
NIght!
@ kaazers kaazers

@ Rickster Rickster
I was under the impression that once the four main quests were complete, you were automatically taken to the final boss/dungeon whatever. Then I found out that you still have to wait once you finish all four of them. I wasted so many days just in Luxerion doing stuff.

Right now I'm doing the Dunes with 2 days left...this dungeon is so irritating!
Haha, okay. Gonna give those a try next time. I rarely ever touch the PSN, but sure! I didn't know Persona 4 is coming out next week..! The PS2 version though, right? No point in me buying it, sadly…

Loved FFXIII but found it pretty linear. That's why I enjoyed FFXIII-2 more.

edit; I'd be on it like white on rice if it was the Golden version.
edit2; Want that Golden version so bad.
edit3; Really bad.
I like the original mainly because of the story. I thought it was really good the way it was, but then they had to start all this chaos/gods/time travel stuff. I feel like it was unnecessary and that the story suffered because of it. I do like the gameplay of the sequels more, though.

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
@ kaazers kaazers
They're fairly cheap at the moment. You could probably buy it far more affordable on Amazon or something. And yes, PS2 version. I'm only getting it because I don't have 4 anymore. Plus, 5 comes out next year. Also, I prefer the first game because I dislike the time travelling nonsense. XIII was linear but it was straightforward and the storyline was amazing.

@ Rickster Rickster
Haven't gone to the Dead Dunes. Currently on Day 4 but I'm very weak at the moment so I might as well start over. I'm surprised I managed to get this far.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
I like the original mainly because of the story. I thought it was really good the way it was, but then they had to start all this chaos/gods/time travel stuff. I feel like it was unnecessary and that the story suffered because of it. I do like the gameplay of the sequels more, though.
This. So much. I agree with you completely.
They really shouldn't have done a sequel, but I did find it more fun to play.

@ kaazers kaazers
They're fairly cheap at the moment. You could probably buy it far more affordable on Amazon or something. And yes, PS2 version. I'm only getting it because I don't have 4 anymore. Plus, 5 comes out next year. Also, I prefer the first game because I dislike the time travelling nonsense. XIII was linear but it was straightforward and the storyline was amazing.
Alright! Also, I see Lightning Returns is 40 bucks right now… tempted. Might pick it up.

I'm ridiculously hyped for Persona 5. Wish they'd give us some actual information about the game, though.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ kaazers kaazers

@ Rickster Rickster
Haven't gone to the Dead Dunes. Currently on Day 4 but I'm very weak at the moment so I might as well start over. I'm surprised I managed to get this far.
Make sure you have a lot of spare time in the Dunes. They're terrible. Oh, and the Earth Eaters suck too. A palette swap of the Chocobo Eater.
Wow, I sound so nerdy right now. :laugh:
Edit: About the clothing...I think they sexualized her too much. Do you really think she would wear half the outfits available if she had the choice? Oh, and if you want manly, there's always Velvet Bouncer and the mustache... :awesome:
Jk I knew what you meant.

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
@ kaazers kaazers You know what I'm seriously hyped up for the most? Shin-Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

Do it... Buy Lightning Returns...

@ Rickster Rickster
You know what urks me the most about XIII-2? Paradox's. Those were so irritating. It's what swallows up Lightning to Valhalla in the first place. The ending of XIII was great. I don't like how Lightning just suddenly disappears.

I hear the Dead Dunes is very difficult. Yusnaan is pretty fun.

Edit: I LOVE VELVET BOUNCER. And yeah, oversexualized. It's disappointing. :/

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
I still have yet to see the outfits Lightning wears in the new game. Dis gon b gud.
I disagree with her wearing anything too skimpy, though. That ain't Lightning.

@ kaazers kaazers You know what I'm seriously hyped up for the most? Shin-Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

@ Rickster Rickster
You know what urks me the most about XIII-2? Paradox's. Those were so irritating. It's what swallows up Lightning to Valhalla in the first place. The ending of XIII was great. I don't like how Lightning just suddenly disappears.

I know next to nothing about that game, and it's probably better I keep it that way since I don't own a Wii U, haha.

Do it?
… Kaaz, you gonna get a belated birthday gift for yourself next week, kay?
Really?
Yep.
I can't wait. Thanks, me.
Anytime.

Still on dat BB. Blue Ike now.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

@ Rickster Rickster

Edit: I LOVE VELVET BOUNCER. And yeah, oversexualized. It's disappointing. :/
I know! They use the word every time something happens. It's like the devs just wanted to go crazy with stuff and used the word as an excuse. Every. Time.
I still have yet to see the outfits Lightning wears in the new game. Dis gon b gud.
I disagree with her wearing anything too skimpy, though. That ain't Lightning.

I know next to nothing about that game, and it's probably better I keep it that way since I don't own a Wii U, haha.

Do it?
… Kaaz, you gonna get a belated birthday gift for yourself next week, kay?
Really?
Yep.
I can't wait. Thanks, me.
Anytime.

Still on dat BB. Blue Ike now.
You might not like a lot of them then...:awesome:

The good garbs seem to be ugly looking (because they're for battle, I believe) and the ones that actually look decent just aren't as good. Some are incredibly skimpy though.
-------------------------=----------------
Hopping onto dat BB now as Fox.

Rukia

Enamored
@ kaazers kaazers
It's definitely something to look forward to when you get a Wii U.

omg you did it.

@ Rickster Rickster
I love her Quiet Gaurdian suit. I never give Lightning any type of clothing where skin shows.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
@ Rickster Rickster : Gonna be keeping an eye out for you. Let's hope that Rick luck shows through again.

@ Rukia Rukia : Honestly, I don't even want to look it up, heh. The pain of not owning a Wii U. Gonna buy Lightning Returns next week in the meantime. Not fair with the two of you just talking about it in front of me!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ kaazers kaazers
It's definitely something to look forward to when you get a Wii U.

omg you did it.

@ Rickster Rickster
I love her Quiet Gaurdian suit. I never give Lightning any type of clothing where skin shows.
I'm using that garb at the moment. I like the look of it. I think my favorite one is Midnight Mauve. I don't have it yet, but it makes her look beautiful without overdoing it. The raciest garb I'm using now is L'range Noir.

Wow, that part about my favorite garb came out awkwardly.

Top Bottom