• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl needs more Characters from the Same series

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
When I say this I mean Brawl needs more characters known in other video games like Donkey Kong series they need:
• Diddy
• Dixie

They also need characters like from Star Fox series like
• Krystal
• Star Wolf

They need characters from the Earth Bound series
• Paula
• Poo

People from the F-Zero series like
• Samurai Goroh
• Black Bull

Why can’t they have them they have like 4 people From The Mario Series 5 if you count Dr. Mario. Any one Else has charater suggestions from other Charaters from other nintendo series

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Why can’t they have them they have like 4 people From The Mario Series 5 if you count Dr. Mario. Any one Else has charater suggestions from other Charaters from other nintendo series
As much as I agree that Krystal and Wolf (at least Wolf) should be in Brawl, I do not know half of the names u posted....unforunately it is because of that that those characters are unlikely to hit a spot. Everyone has heard of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser...so that is why you see them all in Brawl. It is difficult to advertise characters that are unkown to the vast majoity of the Nintendo fan Club

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
face it mario will always have the spotlight he's like GOD to all the charaters <_< Beware the cape......

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
As much as I agree that Krystal and Wolf (at least Wolf) should be in Brawl, I do not know half of the names u posted....unforunately it is because of that that those characters are unlikely to hit a spot. Everyone has heard of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser...so that is why you see them all in Brawl. It is difficult to advertise characters that are unkown to the vast majoity of the Nintendo fan Club
Actually, most people who really play Nintendo would be able to recognize names like Samurai Goroh, Poo, etc.

Why can’t they have them they have like 4 people From The Mario Series 5 if you count Dr. Mario.
Because the Mario series is legendary,along with Zelda,they also have 5 because they are revolutionary characters,and cannot be compared to.

But i agree that we should get more characters from those series.Or atleast diffirent characters from diffirent series.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Personally I think Brawl would be better off incorporating char's from a wider range of games other than something like 5 new mario characters. Then the game will appeal to more people like the ones who dont play metroid or pokemon etc. ( though i doubt anyone here wouldn't have played Zelda games by now)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Look at the ice climbers and Mr. Game&Watch i was like who the hell are these guys when i saw them in the game. You can't tell me you remebered all this time since melee Mr. G&W (i know i didn't)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
your list is good to me. the reason the trophies were put in melee in the first place were to get people familiar with a bunch of characters that were not included. so pretty much anybody who has melee looked at the tropies and know who most of the people are on that list. minus black bull. he wasnt a trophy. Diddy and Dixie deserve a spot seperately. Krystal i know for sure will be in hopefully Wolf. paula and Poo i dont know what they are going to do with the earthbound series. samurai goroh is Falcon's rival. a pretty realistic list.

Green Gamer

Smash Cadet
Look at the ice climbers and Mr. Game&Watch i was like who the hell are these guys when i saw them in the game. You can't tell me you remebered all this time since melee Mr. G&W (i know i didn't)
Yes this is very true, I didn't know them either.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would be cool if they had of also added boo and drybones from the mario series.
Drybones may kinda kill it, but i am with you on Boo.
and I can kiss Banjo-kazooie good by for being in Brawl on account of Microsoft bought Rare the comapny that made Donkey Kong and Banjo-kazooie

eXspriggan

Smash Apprentice
i agree with this thread overall. The more the better. (well, as long as they fit into the game as the TC mentioned) =P

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
note how both of those two characters ARE OFFICIALLY out of the new Brawl game. Nintendo meant to hit Retro gamers but in fact did not hit a huge crowd. I had heard of Ice Climbers and Game and Watch btw. I did a report on Nintendo history a few years before melee came out.

Actually, most people who really play Nintendo would be able to recognize names like Samurai Goroh, Poo, etc.
My fault. Suddenly Earthbound is the most purchased game in Nintendo history. F-zero: maybe a little bit. Sorry but Mario and Zelda are more known to the Nintendo peeps then Earthbound.

Brawl definitely needs a wider range of characters but that doesn't mean that they should be from games not too many people have heard of obviously. Also tho the more characters you get the less in detail they will be considering obvious memory restrictions and time retrictions for that matter. For Metroid games constsantly being up there game selling wise it would be wiser to add more Metroid characters than incidental Nintendo games.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. is basically fan service, so Nintendo shouldn't be bothered by Nintendo newbies.

Also, it's Wolf O'Donnell, not Star Wolf. Star Wolf is the entire friggen team. It's like referring to Fox McCloud as Star Wolf, or Falco Lombardi as Star Falco. Fecken failure.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
What about metroid.
You would add ridley and some other person.(I don't care who.)

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
note how both of those two characters ARE OFFICIALLY out of the new Brawl game.
No they're not. In fact, the Ice Climbers and GAW probably have a decent chance of returning- Sakurai loves his old-schoolers.:) I guess you believed that FALSE rumor.

Anyways...

Yes, we could definitely use some more rep for F-Zero, Starfox, Earthbound, and Metroid.

F-Zero:
Samurai Goroh (OH GOD, YES!)
Instead of Black Shadow, put in Jody Summers instead. We need more females as well.

Earthbound:
Definitely Poo. Part martial arts, part PK!
Meh... I guess Paula would be okay... as a female.

Metroid:
Ridley ftw.

Starfox:
... Do I really need to say it?
Krystal
Wolf

But please, DON'T throw in any minor, irrelevant, or actual clone characters such as Gorons, Blood Falcon, Dark Samus, Boo, etc.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Super Smash Bros. is basically fan service, so Nintendo shouldn't be bothered by Nintendo newbies.

Also, it's Wolf O'Donnell, not Star Wolf. Star Wolf is the entire friggen team. It's like referring to Fox McCloud as Star Wolf, or Falco Lombardi as Star Falco. Fecken failure.
i know thats why i said STAR WOLF they already have falco and slippy would kill the game and so would peppy, i played star fox befoe i know what i am talking about

Top Bottom