• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl/Melee Hate... me no understands.

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
I just don't get it, why do people who play Melee (or even smash 4 now) bash Brawl so much? Sure it IS the slowest game in the series, and makes matches not as engaging to watch like Melee matches. But that doesn't mean they're not engaging in their own right! Now I've played, and love, all the smash games (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Sm4sh, Even PM) and I don't hate one more than the other but i do enjoy brawl the most, but I don't force my opinion onto other people who don't agree. And this goes for Brawl players too! In a lot of arguments between Melee "fanboys" and Brawl "fanboys" (using that term loosely) there is hate from both sides: Brawl players hate on Melee players because Melee players hate on Brawl. It's an endless cycle... sigh~ well, if this thread doesn't get taken down I hope I can inspire you guys (in both communities) to take a chill pill, and relax. To every smasher, their own.

(sorry if this was long and annoying lol, just wanted to blow some steam)

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
People are scared of what they don't understand, therefore they try and remove that fear by attacking it. In this case they don't understand how anyone could play brawl and enjoy it, much like how I don't understand how anyone could enjoy going around museums, or maybe how people can enjoy drawing for 10 hours straight, but I respect their interests and I decide not to attack their opinions. This is how it should be (at least according to #oneunit). I think we should also keep in mind that it is a very small minority that hate on brawl (and a very small minority that hate at all) so it isn't really an underground scene of "meleefags" or "brawl fanboys" more like isolated individuals.

I also wanted to release some steam, thanks for the outlet.

Rahu700

Smash Rookie
I also enjoy Brawl the most, but most of the "hate" from Melee players is actually being directed toward the newest game now. Even so, Brawl matches are actually FASTER than smash 4 a lot of the time (in competitive play), so it being "slow" isn't much of an argument coming from the smash 4 crowd.

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
People are scared of what they don't understand, therefore they try and remove that fear by attacking it. In this case they don't understand how anyone could play brawl and enjoy it, much like how I don't understand how anyone could enjoy going around museums, or maybe how people can enjoy drawing for 10 hours straight, but I respect their interests and I decide not to attack their opinions. This is how it should be (at least according to #oneunit). I think we should also keep in mind that it is a very small minority that hate on brawl (and a very small minority that hate at all) so it isn't really an underground scene of "melee****" or "brawl fanboys" more like isolated individuals.

I also wanted to release some steam, thanks for the outlet.
no prob lol (and take it from someone who draws for 10 hours straight sometimes... you're missing out lol)

Top Bottom