• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl lacks :ohwell:

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing melee for like everyday since christmas of 2005....

Umm...yeah, I got melee when it came out on 2001. Want to know all of the ATs that existed a whole year after? L-canceling. That's it. It was in SSB, so it was easy to discover.

People were going crazy for breaking 1000 in HRC, Roy was "top tier", and Falco "sucked".

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Ofc there is competive play, they've alrdy started tourneys and the best always win not some noob. For example the tourney with KEN, he won using new combos and stuff. If he can realise that it is just a new concept and still can be played to a pro level why cant u? If your gona whine about its not melee then piss off, go play vs comps or smthing. brawl is taking over

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Super Smash Brothers Brawl lacks any and all competitive edge. People who are robotically flaming others who have formed similar opinions lack some of the concepts that are pretty simple to understand. Super Smash Brothers Melee has lasted almost 7 years. I predict Brawl will have no more than a year and a half to two years before it is forgotten and abandoned. It came out at the wrong time and is deficient of aspects that keep a game competitive and going for years on end.

Melee was the sort of game where you could play for a month, even a year, and still have techs and combos one could not produce or perform. Falco’s drill shines, foxes wave shines, mew two’s double jump canceled moves to name a small small few.

So to all those people who say, it just came out yesterday? We have had the Japanese version for over a month and have played it almost every day. This game is fun but that is as far as it goes. If you want competitive play that builds on skill and technique go play some melee, or one of the first person shooters at a tournament. This game was built around a “party games” mechanics and was made for the casual gamer. This is evident based on many things with one major one being ink drops.

Anyways I doubt I will find anyone competent enough to pose some sort of relevant argument and rebuttle so I might not rutinly check up on this thread. I can already see all the 14 year old kittys with there OMFG I PWNZORS YOU !!!one11!!!1!! YOU SUCK AT THE LEET BRAWLZ LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND IT WILL GET BETTER.

Oh and one more thing, this game is FARRRR from balanced in any way. The priority of some characters is just plane bull**** and the recovery of characters is as far from balanced as a game could possibly achieve. :ohwell:
Is this some kind of new tread to join forums just to repost points like this?

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
but brawl is competitive. games between me and my friends hasnt changed. you just cant get used to the new combos so you cal it horrible for competition. mabey your horrible for competition. why not learn how to play the new game or stick with melee and trust me, brawl is here to stay.

Top Bottom