• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Koopa Klaw Apparently Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman

The body slam is cool and all...

...But I much prefer his chomp 'n throw Melee variant.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Brawl style was way better. Loved them suicide wins.

The look of the move was so unique as well. No other character did anything like it.

RayAllen123

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylewhiteguy
This paired with his evidently increased speed will make him a fun character to use. It was more of a predict only kind of grab in Brawl, now it can probably be used agressively. Sooo looking forward to trying him out. If he's in a demo version of the game, I'm definitely going to be using him.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I wish they would have combined the Koopa Klaw with the Flying Slam. Ex.
Press A during Koopa Claw and you Knaw.
Press B during Koopa Claw and you get Flying Slam.

So many possibilities.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would have combined the Koopa Klaw with the Flying Slam. Ex.
Press A during Koopa Claw and you Knaw.
Press B during Koopa Claw and you get Flying Slam.

So many possibilities.
This is a cool idea dude. You get chomp, slam, and throws for edge guarding. I approve.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally wished they'd let him use a fireball by pressing B, while holding B means fire breath. Oh well.
Til then, prepare for more Bowsercides.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I had dreams of a Melee + Brawl Klaw combo ages ago and I think my version would be even better. Pressing A or B would let you give them the chomps, pressing forward on the stick would get you the Melee style throw and back would let you do the Flying Slam.

No reason why they couldn't have already thought of this or what SmashShadow suggested. It might already be in the game. The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence after all.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I personally prefer the brawl variant, but it would be nice to have the additional option of a melee style throw.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I liked the Melee Koopa Claw, especially when Giga Bowser used it where he was biting and blood was oozing from his mouth, I wanted that in Brawl, but nope Bowser forgot Koopa Claw and learned Body Slam.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I wish they had given him a projectile. Then he would actually have range.

Oh well. As long as he doesn't suck like be did in the pas two games, I'm good.

(please make Bowser usable for once)
Holy crap, THIS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, here, but wasn't Bowser's very first iteration (Super Mario Bros) the one that spat fireballs that travelled in a straight line?

Where did Bowser's "fire breath" even come from, anyway?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Between the two, I'd say I prefer Melee's Koopa Claw, but Project M's is the best because it's pretty much the same except it has super armor.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
If they add super armor to Bowser's Koopa Klaw in Smash 4, I don't care who else makes the roster, I'm maining Bowser forever.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Low Grabs and Air Grabs?

If he had Air Grab (did he have it in Brawl with his Koopa Klaw?), that would be an excellent edition. Low Grabs... I assume you mean grabbing when crouching? That would be a very interesting tool to add to the metagame, maybe more of a gimmick thing though...

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
You know what would be awesome? Being able to choose which direction you throw them in, if any, with Koopa Klaw. Like...

Neutral-B: grab, spin, slam
Neutral-B plus tilt in any direction: grab, throw in said direction

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Brawl's move was ****ing awesome. I never understood how to make them suicide kills though. Ending matches with that move must feel powerful as ****.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah yes... more Suicide kills... a wonderful thing for stock. Good for all you Bowser players, I bet you feel like bosses... funny how that works!!

Bowser player = Feels like a Boss

Bowser = Boss.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
The only issue I have with using suicide tactics is if it's the last stock and I'm against the wall and I suicide, I'm still against the wall because it goes to Sudden Death and I'm playing as Bowser, the heaviest character in the game. For me, yeah it equalizes the playing field if I'm at like 100%+ and the opponent is at like 30%, but I'm still in a heck of a position.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
The only issue I have with using suicide tactics is if it's the last stock and I'm against the wall and I suicide, I'm still against the wall because it goes to Sudden Death and I'm playing as Bowser, the heaviest character in the game. For me, yeah it equalizes the playing field if I'm at like 100%+ and the opponent is at like 30%, but I'm still in a heck of a position.
Well in a tournament situation sudden deaths are moot so if you suicide you lose.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
That is true. But if you're a stock ahead and you Bowsercide, does it still count as a loss or do you just win then?
Yeah, but it's not very often that a character as terrible as Bowser will be a stock ahead.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know what'd be cool? If Koopa Klaw and Flying Slam mixed into one. It'd work like in Melee, but pressing up causes a Flying Slam.

You know what'd be cool? If Koopa Klaw and Flying Slam mixed into one. It'd work like in Melee, but pressing up causes a Flying Slam.

Basically this.

I personally think that Brawl's Koopa Klaw is garbage and was heavily nerfed. I would understand if Bowser still retained that Claw Attack that hit the enemy if you weren't in range for the grab, but it doesn't. Melee Koopa Klaw + Up on stick for flying slam would be the best thing that would happen for Bowser.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I really dig the luchadore direction Bowser is going in.
Now if only they'd make a Mario Wrestling game.

Wrestling is a sport, in fact it's the best one, a WWE like Mario game would be awesome!

I'm not going to lie, the Body slam Koopa Claw actually is better than the Melee one, although it is cool when Bowser is chomping and blood is oozing from his mouth, I especially like when he does to Yoshi, mm, Bowser's favorite food,

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Now if only they'd make a Mario Wrestling game.

Wrestling is a sport, in fact it's the best one, a WWE like Mario game would be awesome!

I'm not going to lie, the Body slam Koopa Claw actually is better than the Melee one, although it is cool when Bowser is chomping and blood is oozing from his mouth, I especially like when he does to Yoshi, mm, Bowser's favorite food,
Melee Koopa Claw is infinitely better, the command throw kills earlier as well as having much more utility.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Melee Koopa Claw is infinitely better, the command throw kills earlier as well as having much more utility.
Why not have both?

They both have their uses.

Sucks that we're only getting one though. At least I can be a luchador!

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
if they want a freaking luchador in this game why not add Hawlucha or something?

"YA BOWSER SHOOLD FITE LIKE A MEXICAN RESLER THATS PERFECT CUZ I DUNNO LOL!" -Sakurai

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Well in a tournament situation sudden deaths are moot so if you suicide you lose.
Actually, in a tournament setting, the initiatior of the sacrificial K.O will be declared winner if it goes to Sudden death. Furthermore, Bowser can jump out of the bowsercide to bypass sudden death altogether. So if you're playing Bowser and you bring the opponent offstage with klaw which prompts Sudden death, then Bowser is automatically declared the winner.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The Melee Klaw was better imo. Just add some armor on that move and it would be golden.

Like PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom