• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl ISO Builder help?

SergeiLankoff

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any experience with consolidating mods into an ISO file with the use of the Brawl ISO Builder tool? (A la Project M for Netplay) I would like to build Brawl Minus 3.Q onto an ISO for Netplay use with friends, but I don't really know what is required. I tried copying the format, but there is some GCT specific stuff I don't quite understand, as well as the entirely likely possibly of BrawlEx specific stuff (Roy and Pichu) not working on such a capacity. However, whenever I attempt to build anything using the tool (be it Brawl Minus or even straight up Vanilla Brawl), the ISO loads with the "Please Insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl game disc!" message. If anyone has any idea how this might work, I would love to have this in at least a mostly-functional capacity.

person66

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any experience with consolidating mods into an ISO file with the use of the Brawl ISO Builder tool? (A la Project M for Netplay) I would like to build Brawl Minus 3.Q onto an ISO for Netplay use with friends, but I don't really know what is required. I tried copying the format, but there is some GCT specific stuff I don't quite understand, as well as the entirely likely possibly of BrawlEx specific stuff (Roy and Pichu) not working on such a capacity. However, whenever I attempt to build anything using the tool (be it Brawl Minus or even straight up Vanilla Brawl), the ISO loads with the "Please Insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl game disc!" message. If anyone has any idea how this might work, I would love to have this in at least a mostly-functional capacity.
As far as I know there isn't any way right now to create an ISO of Brawl Minus versions past 2.x.6. I looked into it when I was working on BrawlBuilder, it seems that BrawlEx causes a lot of problems with getting an ISO to work without an sd card. Maybe one day I'll try to add some patches to BrawlBuilder so it works with BrawlEx stuff, but as of right now you are out of luck I think.

Though you should still be able to netplay using the SD method, which is more reliable anyway. Setup should be pretty similar to project m sd netplay setup. Create a dolphin SD card with the Brawl- files. Set vanilla brawl as your default ISO in dolphin, make sure dolphin has the sd card set as inserted, and netplay using the brawl- launcher elf (or dol) file.

EDIT: just realized this is a year old... thanks for the necrobump tallpr24......

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
What is Brawl ISO Builder? Sounds Interesting.

Top Bottom