• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl...IN AMERICA 04/09/2011 Hagerstown MD

metalmonstar

Smash Lord

When:
April 9th

Where:
Hagerstown Community College
11400 Robinwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301) 790-2800

Price:
Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles Entry: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5 per person
Yugioh: $5

IMPORTANT

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock. If stock is the same then percent determines winner. If percents are the same then one stock overtime match is played with 4 minute timer.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

*Suicides like Gannon’s and Bowser’s result in a win for them. However Kirby and Dededee result in a loss because they really don’t need to kill themself to pull off a suck up KO.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
2. Each player may announce one stages to be banned for the set. Two stages may be banned in Loser’s bracket
4. The first game is played using random of the neutral stages.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the any match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Winner’s Counter
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon

Loser’s Counter
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Port Town Aero Dive
Green Greens

Yugioh rules
Advanced Format
Most current ban list
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Double elimination tournament (If smaller than 8 people then we will do round robin)

Housing/Hotels

Sponsor(s):

Legal
Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage. Bags may be searched when you enter and when you leave to prevent theft

Contact
Email: metalmonstar-lv100@juno.com
AIM: Metalmonstar 100
YIM: Metal_monstarlv100
Cell phone: 240-291-2196

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
I'm going to this! And preregistration for Gamers' Paradise is up too, right?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
So many Cps if you end up in losers. I am actually thinking of removing Pokemon stadium 2 and Port town aero dive from the CP list.

Hype, supposedly waffles wants me to enter yugioh with his side deck. By not knowing the rules and intricacies, I can avoid the Koonami bs.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Do you have a judge for yugioh? I might be able to bring one if not.

Also, think im gonna have to miss my little sister's bday party to go to this, so hype!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
powerhouse don't do that
Go be a real bro and go to your sister's birthday party

Unless u weren't invited :troll:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It would be a good idea to bring a judge. Waffle usually judges and he has taken that silly Koonami test, but then again he would like to enter as well. It is hard to settle disputes when you are in the middle of your own match.

Also I got food service to provide some food to us. It will be 5 dollars and that includes corn dogs, a wrap, and a drink.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I may end up going to this. Hype. And idk whether to think the amount of losers counters are ridiculous or that if that amount of stages may prove to be interesting in tourney.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
*Suicides like Gannon’s and Bowser’s result in a win for them. However Kirby and Dededee result in a loss because they really don’t need to kill themself to pull off a suck up KO.
Don't understand the second part.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am probably going to change that to winner determined by percents. It is easier and less arbitrary.

Trying to collect yugioh and pokemon cards to sell at the event. That worked out really well last time despite the packs being quite old.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I am probably going to change that to winner determined by percents. It is easier and less arbitrary.

Trying to collect yugioh and pokemon cards to sell at the event. That worked out really well last time despite the packs being quite old.
You should buy Yusei 2011 tins then, they're 8 bucks and come with 4 packs + 4 chase *** cards.

The DREV pack is worth about 8 bucks on it's own online lmao. (though people expect cheaper offline, obviously)
The other packs are about $2 each.
I bought 20 of em. If you don't sell, i will :awesome:

Also, hype. Karakuri Machina Plants are gonna **** everything. 4 synchro summons and 3 draws every turn. Get@This.
And the deck isn't even complete yet, the rest of the archetype isn't legal till may.
I'm so confident I'm gonna win this too, though.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It is good to be confident but don't get overconfident there are some good players around.

Who do you usually ride with Kage?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Gahhh doesn't seem like i can get out of my lil sister's bday party... sucks hardcore. I really wanted to support this tourney too :(
Yugioh and Brawl? More of these would be amazing, I'd no longer need to choose which to go to on weekends.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Ah that stinks. Maybe next time powerhouse. Come on people get hyped it is two days away.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Power. Did you call me yesterday at work? I may be able to go but I gotta talk to some pps and see their plans. Let me know if you still need a ride.

Maybe I can sell my cards here lol. Friend at work is dying for my holo book of moon.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Power. Did you call me yesterday at work? I may be able to go but I gotta talk to some pps and see their plans. Let me know if you still need a ride.

Maybe I can sell my cards here lol. Friend at work is dying for my holo book of moon.
Ya I did but my little sis's bday party turned out to be a bigger deal than we originally thought(obscure family members coming out for it from way far)

And wow, a holo book? Those go for like 150...
http://store.tcgplayer.com/product.aspx?id=26057

I don't know why it's so effing expensive when it's been reprinted a thousand times and the reprints are worth like 30 cents. I guess people like the holo version of a staple, either way try to get rid of it fast since it'll probably be a gold rare in GS4 and value will drop like a rock in may/june.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
luckay will you be going? and i think i may go i like small chill tournies idk yet... or not lmao jeez an hour or so away..... gah

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ya I did but my little sis's bday party turned out to be a bigger deal than we originally thought(obscure family members coming out for it from way far)

And wow, a holo book? Those go for like 150...
http://store.tcgplayer.com/product.aspx?id=26057

I don't know why it's so effing expensive when it's been reprinted a thousand times and the reprints are worth like 30 cents. I guess people like the holo version of a staple, either way try to get rid of it fast since it'll probably be a gold rare in GS4 and value will drop like a rock in may/june.
In actuality, it's worth even less then 30 cents. What a waste of money buying countless cards is lmao.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Yah, you can sell your cards. Yugioh players here will buy them. They spent their winnings last time on old yugioh decks so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Top Bottom