• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl has NOT GONE GOLD. (Picture rumor debunked)

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Me criticizing SP for making a loose or irresponsible statement does not make me ignorant. SP's affiliation with and frequency in exposure to a different culture does not somehow justify such over-generalized comments. So until you can somehow substantiate what you've just said, your last post holds no weight.

This is irrelevant, but I'm assuming you're just mentioning this in passing.

Again, with the "noob" accusation. This seems to be a popular way of dismissing someone's comment on this site. It's the near-equivalent of calling someone a "commie" in the '60s or a "terrorist" in this decade. If you're gonna get at me, back up what you're going to say and don't just resort to freely using this catch-all dismissive term.

As for me disrespecting SP, to say the very least, it is the comment in passing that was ignorant in itself. So I do take back having called him ignorant. However, I should be able to point out and criticize him for having made such a statement, regardless of what the majority of those on this site view as being the social norm in terms of generalizations. To reiterate, an ignorant comment made by someone does not necessarily imply that (s)he is ignorant, so I take back having called SP that. However, the essence of my original post still stands.

Go read the post. Now re-read it. You go tell me how that statement is put under the guise or context of mere sarcasm. Light-hearted statement? Maybe. But it's primary intent is not to be sarcastic. It is first and foremost used to help explain (if you can call it that) why there is a mistranslation. As far as I'm concerned, you've yet to explain how I am "ignorant".

Thanks, Meta-Kirby! Someone who at least understands what I have to say..

*To anyone: Please, don't bother responding on how long this post is or how it diverges from the original message in this topic. I am fully aware of both aspects. And, no, I am not over-reacting. Only subtle taboo becomes widely accepted when we ourselves let it be this way for reasons of convenience, fear of backlash, or what have you.
Shock! Somebody not seeing eye to eye with a moderator! HURL HIM TO THE SHARKS I SAY.

I'm inclined to agree with you however, the thread title is a tad misleading, I believe someone pointed out that it would make sense to rectify it. Assuming they've not suffered any mishaps, I'm pretty sure Brawl has, or will very shortly, go gold.

I just hope they announce the PAL and Oceanic release dates soon, we like smashing too :|

The Director

Smash Lord
Shock! Somebody not seeing eye to eye with a moderator! HURL HIM TO THE SHARKS I SAY.
Why limit it to the sharks? Why not hurl him STRAIGHT INTO THE SUN!

Finesse, whatever. Let's just play Brawl. We're all ignorant ****s in one category or another. Did I say 1/3 of the internet is full of ignorant people? LOL. My bad. The entire internet is full of ignorant people, myself included.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
According to that quote form the website, they do an annualy order of 1 million in 10 days. They will be doing over a million, at probably 5 days at the very minimum. Still, Games always go gold a few weeks before release, and larger ones (such a sBrawl) tend to go gold about a month before release. Even if Brawl wasn not hyped at all, it would still be gold within a week at the very latest.
They do one million in ten days, including scratch test. Going gold refers only to the actual production and shipping. Halo 3 went gold a month before its release, and the first copy leaked a week after.

I do a lot of studio sessions for local bands producing cds. It takes one day to create four million music cds. Wii discs are not much more complicated in production.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Just because Brawl hasn't been leaked yet doesn't mean it's not gold. Brawl has been very secretive and hasn't been leaking anything pretty much this whole time. I'd never expect a leak of any sort just because it went gold.

Finesse

Smash Rookie

Finesse, whatever. Let's just play Brawl. We're all ignorant ****s in one category or another. Did I say 1/3 of the internet is full of ignorant people? LOL. My bad. The entire internet is full of ignorant people, myself included.
lol.. Agreed. We will play Brawl.

Finesse

Smash Rookie

lol.. Agreed. We will play Brawl. :)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I say if a delay is not announced next week on the Dojo there will be no delay.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I just saw this thread... the game comes out in less than 2 weeks... and you're telling me it has not gone gold?

You do know that makes no sense whatsoever... right?

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Ummm can anyone prove or PLEASE disprove this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15073

It mentions another possible delay, this time only a month, but still we are soooo close!!!
Prove? The game has commercials in Japan, it's less than two weeks before it comes out over there, the last time they delayed the game it was about two months in advance, and the fact that it's coming out on time. :D

Nah, but the only reason I'm guessing they're showing a later release date is maybe their initial pre-orders were already filled? Or who knows, it could be a game of internet telephone, where one site decided to post that date, others found it, and with Nintendo not commenting on the situation (which is a little worrisome I must say) they just go with what they feel like. Honestly though, if Nintendo doesn't say anything about a delay this week, I'd say our chances of getting one go down to like .5%

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Ummm can anyone prove or PLEASE disprove this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15073

It mentions another possible delay, this time only a month, but still we are soooo close!!!
I call bull. They've already started showing commercials for it in Japan. There's absolutely no reason why there needs to be another delay for the U.S. We only have a month left.

I don't know how long ago it was that they saw Wal-Mart's logs for a March release, but I contacted them about a week or so ago regarding the March release date and they admitted that they were wrong. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134475 They updated their website to the February 10th date, after being proven wrong. They may not have updated their database completely, or something, but as far as I know, they're currently listed as February 10th.

Plus, I'd hardly call Wal-Mart a valid source for delay information on -any- game. They're always wrong about everything, anyway (a bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean). If there was a delay coming up in the next couple weeks, we would have found out about it on the Dojo by now.

Zek

Smash Ace
It doesn't look like there will be a delay in Japan. But that says nothing about the U.S. or anywhere else. How do you guys know that there weren't hold-ups in localization? For all we know they all caught the flu during crunch time and got slowed down. Going gold in Japan is not the same thing as going gold in the states.

I don't mean to imply that the rumors are true, necessarily, but we just don't know. We all know what the official release date is, stop making stupid arguments to deny what we can't prove.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I doubt they'd delay the American release so soon to the release date. And I sincerely doubt they'd delay the Japanese release with less than 15 days away.

And I merely said that the picture everyone used as "evidence" for the game going gold was false. Thats all.

The Director

Smash Lord
I merely said that the picture everyone used as "evidence" for the game going gold was false. Thats all.
Yeah, but you need to understand: in these precarious days towards the release of the game, we need something to cling to in terms of hope for the game's scheduled Feb. 10th release. That picture was it. :p

Still tho, I've no doubt that the game is finished and has gone gold already.

Smash Ace
don't try to argue wth SamuraiPanda. Being the Chuck Norris of this site he will always win.

anyways, I don't care if it "goes gold" on Feb. 9th. as long as we get it no later than Feb. 10th, wI'll be fine.

=2007=

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look like there will be a delay in Japan. But that says nothing about the U.S. or anywhere else. How do you guys know that there weren't hold-ups in localization? For all we know they all caught the flu during crunch time and got slowed down. Going gold in Japan is not the same thing as going gold in the states.

I don't mean to imply that the rumors are true, necessarily, but we just don't know. We all know what the official release date is, stop making stupid arguments to deny what we can't prove.
We only have a month until the U.S. release. If there was going to be a delay, we would know about it by now. You're right, nobody knows for sure yet, but I'm sure that would have been one of the first things Sakurai mentioned on the Dojo when they came back from their break. On top of that, the fact that none of these "reliable sources" and retailers even have the same date. If they were really told about a solid delay before the public, then I'd assume they would all have been told the same date by Nintendo. If the the date didn't come from Nintendo then it's not legit and their release date is false.

Top Bottom