• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl doesn't suck.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Wasn't it recently discovered that tripping wasn't random, and that you could do something to prevent tripping?
Yes. To prevent tripping, all you have to do is not move. /sarcasm

Tripping sucks.
Friend codes suck.
Ganondorf kinda sucks.

The game itself is pretty fun.

Plus there's the fact that Melee tournaments are inevitably going to occur less and less often until only Brawl tournaments remain... Some may not like it, but it's happened with every multiplayer series before it, and I highly doubt that Smash will be an exception.
Counterstrike: Condition Zero and SoulCaliber 3 would like to have a word with you.

AlexX

Smash Ace
you know gimpy quit brawl right?
Why should one person's action dictate what everyone else should do?

Counterstrike: Condition Zero and SoulCaliber 3 would like to have a word with you.
Soul Calibur 4 was just recently released, wasn't it? I never said that previous installments faded away THAT quickly, just that they would over time. Never heard of Counterstrike: Condition Zero, though... I'm not a fan of those kinds of games, but I'll wiki it and edit this post with my findings.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Overplayed thread is ooooooooooooooooverplayed.

How about you stop complaining about complainers and just play the game?

awlccl123

Smash Apprentice
competitive players who cant play well without the advanced techniques will like melee better. i just dont find it nessicery for people to post it everywhere on the board

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think what is happening is a new series of experts may be coming into play. Comboing is being removed slowly (it is still there if you can use it right).

Tripping should not be an issue in Brawl because Brawl is very much air based, more so then any other Smash Bros, I have found so far. A lot of the better moves can be performed by attacking through the air.

Also try some different characters then Fox, Toon Link, or Pit for once. Sonic can be good if you use him right, Snake is good if you use him right, Ike, Olimer, etc. I noticed that we are trying to establish tiers before we truely have developed every character.
Even Zelda/Shiek has shown some potential.

awlccl123

Smash Apprentice
Also try some different characters then Fox, Toon Link, or Pit for once. Sonic can be good if you use him right, Snake is good if you use him right, Ike, Olimer, etc. I noticed that we are trying to establish tiers before we truely have developed every character.
Even Zelda/Shiek has shown some potential.
who are you saying this to? the people saying brawl<melee or the people saying brawl>melee

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has said that Brawl sucks. A lot of people just feel that Melee is a much better competitive game, and that Brawl should only be played casually and for fun.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Overplayed thread is ooooooooooooooooverplayed.

How about you stop complaining about complainers and just play the game?
I second this motion. (Though I do agree with you, OP, Brawl is a great game. Let the whiners keep whining and play on).

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
Tripping does not happen so often, it barley happens at all like once ever 5 matches u might trip once and that is only if you just run around in circles. brawl is more for fun and easier to new players who dont feel like gettin ***** and i think this game relies more skill because u cant just have combos that are ridcuosly long. some people just cant play brawl for what it actually is a game

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick aside, people *are* outright saying brawl sucks, it's even in peoples sigs. It's that crap that fuels people into thinking people are just bashing brawl, and some are. Some of those people even consider themselves very knowledgeable people and very respected people on these boards, but they tend to reduce themselves to bashing brawl and the people who defend it.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
1. Who cares?
2. Obviously that's not a problem.
3. Are you serious? Tripping is too overrated.
4. There are enough combos in this game. Look at Metaknight.

Overall I would say that this game has much better graphics and is more detailed. It's a new game. Nobody is gonna get the hang of it in the first month. You have to work on increasing your skills.
Oh man just shut up. Brawl is fun but it sucks for competitive play. Of course the game has better graphics and is more detailed. The only thing that is different is your options available in terms of approaching and defending, and ability to combo. Metaknight doesn't count because we are talking combos like the ken combo.

I have a feeling you aren't a competitive melee player, so I will have to ask you to stop arguing something you never felt before (the competitive aspect and depth of melee).

And for reference if you say who cares I think it's obvious that the hardcore melee players care.

Top Bottom