• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Disc Can't Be Read Whenever I Choose Certain Characters?

Shmorg

Smash Rookie
First things first, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but I didn't see any Brawl Troubleshooting Sections so I just went to this one. Anyway, A few years ago, I was playing Brawl and loving every second of it. Everything was working perfect. However, one day an error message came up saying that the Wii couldn't read the Brawl Disc. Ever since then, whenever I choose certain characters, the game disc cannot be read byt the Wii. Some characters DO work (EX: Meta Knight, Kirby, Samus) while others don't (EX: Mario, Link, Lucas). Anyone know why this is happening so I can play Brawl again? My disc is very lightly scratched so I don't think thats the problem. Thanks for reading! :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Your solution is to play Melee. j/k

What you should do is borrow another Brawl disc to make sure whether or not your Wii's insides are dusty which is known to cause some disc read issues. If the borrowed disc has the same problems, I suggest finding a way to get it cleaned. Otherwise, you may just have a scratched disc.

Shmorg

Smash Rookie
Okay ya I'm thinking it actually might be the disc now because I looked at it again recently and there's a scratch around the outside of the disc in a perfect circle. Is the outside where a lot of the data is held? I'm gonna try and see what I can do cleaning it right now before I consider buying another copy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think that's how it works. What I do know is that the underside of the Brawl disc is the thing read, but I don't know if scratching a particular part of the disc affects particular data or not.

Shmorg

Smash Rookie
Yaa I'm not sure if it works like that either. I got my Wii like 5 years ago too and I haven't cleaned it out once so that could be the problem. :chuckle:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Try to get a Wii Lens cleaner.

There was a point in time where my brawl disc kept saying "Can't read disc" and then when it WOULD work, it loaded a LOT slower than usual. It could be your Wii's lens are dusty and just needs a quick clean. So my suggestion would basically be to buy a Wii Lens cleaner, just google it and you should find it.

LAKing715

Smash Rookie
I have had this problem for over a year with snake n sonic ( omfg i miss him he was my main!! T_T)
Edit:Oh yeah n sheik 2 but not zelda :S
:phone:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I used to have the same problem, but bought another Brawl disc and it worked fine. In my case it was obviously the disc, but your case may be slightly different.

Good luck.

Top Bottom