• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Demo In Stores?

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Considering the most recent delay is a month long, I feel that at EXACTLY February 10th Sakurai should release a Brawl Demo in stores for 30$. It seems like a fair idea for the players that cant wait and werent able to get to the other 3 places where you can play Brawl.

Does a Brawl Demo in stores for half the price sound like a good or bad idea?

Discuss.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
i'd rather not spend money on a demo, 30$ is way too pricy for the demo, there were rumors of a downloaded demo version coming too the wii shop channel. there were some pictures of it, but probably not gonna happen.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
i'd rather not spend money on a demo, 30$ is way too pricy for the demo, there were rumors of a downloaded demo version coming too the wii shop channel. there were some pictures of it, but probably not gonna happen.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
I'm just curious, is there any truth to the rumor of a wii shop channel demo?

That would DEFINITELY ease the pain of the new delay for me =)

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Sit the month out. It's been 2 years, a month shouldn't hurt that much. I know there has been delays and the like, and built up hopes and them crashing down on you, but a month is only 4 weeks, 30 days, 720 hours. You know how fast an hour goes by? It's only 60 minutes. Now if you sleep for 8 hours everynight, it's only around 480 hours of being awake and being without.

Now, if you lived in Europe or Australia, you have no hopes at all, no date to aspire to, just a void. All we do is wait until your release to see info. So everyone has it bad. The Japanese have it not so bad, but hey, Nintendo is rightfully theirs. The game was made there so the get dibs. Then the US get it, being the next biggest/important Nintendo country sales wise. Everything is fine.

Plus I doubt $30 is worth it, the demo is awesome, but once you get the game, you'll never use the demo, and places will refuse to buy it from you. Save your well earned (or borrowed) money. This will be worth it.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Allegedly, (if rapscouter is to be believed) the exact day was Feb. 4th...wait...that was SSB64 on the VC...nvm

Baconater

Smash Cadet
a demo where you could play as only a couple of characters would be nice
It's easily doable. Have like 4 characters playable to minimize the size, or you could just put the demo from E4All online.

Oni Meteorix

Smash Rookie
Ummmmmmm no. Since when do publishers release a demo that people have to buy? It would make Nintendo look really bad. Nintendo Power doesn't do demo discs for some reason, so all we can hope for is that Game stores will get a demo that you can play in the store.... but the odds of Nintendo making this month any more bearable for us is HIGHLY unlikely.

If I sound like a pessimist, I'm sorry, but understand that my world came crashing down on me today. I've spent the past week preparing myself for the release: trading in games for credit towards the preorder, buying a new wavebird, setting up the Wii's internet connection, practicing with Melee, and basically spending every waking hour finding new footage from Jump Festa, Whobby '08, and E for All.

I just feel like the Masahiro is my dad, and he's been telling me every summer since I was 4 that we were gonna go to Six Flags, but every August he says "Sorry, son. Maybe next year."

YOU PROMISED, SAKURAI!

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
It's probably highly unlikely. But hell, Sakurai has surprised us ALL, at some point. The man's unpredictable, and seemingly random. At this point, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. So to all the nay-sayers, I say...

believe.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Ummmmmmm no. Since when do publishers release a demo that people have to buy? It would make Nintendo look really bad. Nintendo Power doesn't do demo discs for some reason, so all we can hope for is that Game stores will get a demo that you can play in the store.... but the odds of Nintendo making this month any more bearable for us is HIGHLY unlikely.

If I sound like a pessimist, I'm sorry, but understand that my world came crashing down on me today. I've spent the past week preparing myself for the release: trading in games for credit towards the preorder, buying a new wavebird, setting up the Wii's internet connection, practicing with Melee, and basically spending every waking hour finding new footage from Jump Festa, Whobby '08, and E for All.

I just feel like the Masahiro is my dad, and he's been telling me every summer since I was 4 that we were gonna go to Six Flags, but every August he says "Sorry, son. Maybe next year."

YOU PROMISED, SAKURAI!
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, but we should get a FREE Demo on Feburary 10th... Everyone who pre-ordered, and it should have the options in the Wobbly Demo, and the characters from all the demos!

gnosis

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't there eventually be a Brawl demo in in-store kiosks? I remember watching Melee's opening movie and eventually playing the demo with starstruck eyes all those years ago...

The only reason other than Murphy's Law that I can think of is arguing that the cost of supplying demos is used as advertising for games that need it; Brawl's popular enough that it doesn't require the boost, so they won't bother.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It should be free. Nintendo owes us one for being the jacka**es they usually are, but worse. We should get a almost month long demo from Febuary something to a few days before Brawl comes out. And doesn't the demo channle come out soon=??? If they want Brawl to ACTUALLY have hype, they'll do it. Otherwise, Brawl will FAIL EPICILY in Febuary. Because after knowing everything, no update is worthwhile, AT ALL!

Nintendo better give us one, and stop showing their blinded favoritism to their own people, seriously. All the s*** they put us through and stuff. Seriously, a lot of my friends think that Nintendo is so biased towards Japan that for this alone, Nintendo could lose the 7th generation of gaming. The faster Brawl comes out, the faster Nintendo starts winning this generation, because they are slowly falling behind. And having the game come out in Q3 will never happen, EVER! (outside of late August or September) They're losing LOYAL fans FAST, and they better give us something to excite us and entertain us. Otherwise, I'm not advertising their game with my hype. Stop favoring your f***ing people, and give us a f***ing demo. 3 delays=ridiculous. Sony is 10 times better then Nintendo will ever be after this, seriously. PAY UP ALREADY, AS WE DESERVE IT! Give it to me or Brawl will not be discussed much in Febuary. Febuary will be a dead month, PERIOD!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
$30 Dollars is just desperate and expensive, sit the month out and be patient, us in Europe dont even know when brawls coming out for us.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
If they can't print enough of the real game, why would a demo be different?

If anything, it will be downloadable.....(which I hopef for)

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that Wii games aren't demo-friendly, otherwise we'd have demos of it up for display like with Melee and Wind Waker.

Top Bottom