• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Data

Chaoscontrol

Smash Rookie
I have a lot of created stages, videos, and snapshots saved in my SD. But in the PC they all are in *.bin. Anyone knows how to make them in a standard format like *.avi, *.jpg or whatever¿?

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
nah sorry mate i dont think that u can change them. um im prettty good on comp but i dont think so. sorry

Urser

Smash Apprentice
You can't.

The data saved by Smash Bros is simply information that gets loaded into the game and it places things in certain areas.

That's why you can't convert it to .avi or .jpg.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Upload some stages to a file share place and post them, Me and some people want to look at them. We won't make anything useful but we'll have a little insight on stage builder and hey, with the info in the right hands we could make an Animal Map type thing for Smash Bros and have cooler stages.

So if you could take pictures of the stages (With like a digital camera) and upload the .BIN files of the Custom Stages for everyone we could figure out a little. Also, there is a similar post for the Images in specific. (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142971)

Urser

Smash Apprentice
There's no way to 'hack' them.

Replays aren't saved as video files, but information that was recorded during the match. Say that Sonic and Samus were battling each other. The game would record information such as when certain characters jumped, what attacks they used, etc.

Screenshots on the other hand, I'm not sure of. But I guess they could be 'hacked'. But don't get your hopes up.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
give it a year or less, some computer wizard will make a .bin to .jpg .avi converter.

I suspect it will have to use code that emulates the game to read the .bin and then convert it from there

It's definitely possible tho

Top Bottom