• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Data clonable on memory cards?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
So you can move but not copy. But can you load from memory card?

I had the following experience with a different game:
If you try to take a save on your SD card to someone else's wii that has a save of the game, you cannot load from SD card, and you cannot even swap the files without a 2nd SD card. When you try to move the file from the card to the wii or from the wii to the card it will stop you because a save exists on the device. So to play your data on someone else's wii (if they have a save file on their wii), you need to:
move the data from wii1 to card1
then move the data from wii2 to card2
then move the data from card1 to wii2.

Then to restore the original data you need to:
re-move the data from wii2 to card1
move the data from card2 to wii1
and move the data from card1 to wii1.

NINTENDO WHY THE EFF DON'T YOU SUPPORT LOADING FROM SD CARD?!?!

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
Wait so, if you "move" the data to an SD card from a different Wii, and upload it to a Wii that has NO saved file of brawl in any way shape or form, would the SD card work?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
You can definitely copy data across Wiis and SD cards. 5 easy steps!

1. Move the data to the SD card.
2. Copy data from the SD card to your PC.
3. Start 'moving' the data to the various Wiis, and copying back the data from the PC onto the SD card.
4. ???
5. Profit!

edit: Remember to move, not copy. Because apparently you can move (says KaosAssassin) but not copy (says Jekyll)
Are you even allowed to move it? I'm fairly certain that I've seen games that forbid both moving AND copying for some stupid reason.

ChadWordern

Smash Rookie
It works, the guy who posted the screenshots probably just had a Japanese Wii with the Japanese game WITH an AMERICAN SD card.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
No, you can't transfer your Brawl data to a SD. I know it's possible with other games, but for some reason, you simply can't copy it ~_~

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
This doesn't make sense. I SWEAR I copied all my save data to the SD card....

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
#1Go into the Wiis game save storage section, send the brawl data to the SD card.
#2Take that to the computer copy and paste it onto the desktop or something (dont delete it off the SD)
#3 put the SD card back into the wii
#4 Take the SD card back to the wii and transfer it from the SD card to the Wiis internal storage
#5 Put the SD back into the pc and cut and paste the save back onto the SD card and do the same with the other wii you want to have the data

As long as the other wii you are transfering it to has been used to play brawl, you should be able to transfer data onto it.

I dont know if anyone has answered this, i only read the first page.

A question I have: does anyone know if Japanese save data used on the US or europe version of brawl?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
You can definitely copy data across Wiis and SD cards. 5 easy steps!

1. Move the data to the SD card.
2. Copy data from the SD card to your PC.
3. Start 'moving' the data to the various Wiis, and copying back the data from the PC onto the SD card.
4. ???
5. Profit!

edit: Remember to move, not copy. Because apparently you can move (says KaosAssassin) but not copy (says Jekyll)
Have you actually done this? "Move" is not even an option in the Wii Data Management screen. When you choose a save file you get two options, "Copy" and "Erase". There is no "Move".

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
seriously, you guys need to quit posting if you haven't actually done it yourself. Just because it works with other games doesn't mean it works for Brawl.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Good job guys... Page 14 of the instruction booklet (paraphrased): "YOU CAN'T MOVE A SAVE FILE TO AN SD CARD". That's pretty clear to me.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I hate you Nintendo. Now I have to start completely over and unlock all of the characters and stages again...boo.

Cybrcriminal

Smash Rookie
You can copy brawl data onto an SD card and then transfer it to another wii. I know because I have done this. So if you want to play with your friend on one wii and then transfer that data to another wii it is entirely possible as long as you have an SD card
im pretty sure you havent done this and your just fcking ********...

Have you actually done this? "Move" is not even an option in the Wii Data Management screen. When you choose a save file you get two options, "Copy" and "Erase". There is no "Move".
can anybody that thinks the save file can be moved actually explain where the "move" option is located?

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
No, I hadn't done it. I was summing up what other people said.

And actually, page 14 of the instruction manual that was just quoted states...
"You can't copy save data from this game to an SD memory card. However, some vault data can be copied to an SD memory card."

I'll take a look at what data this is as soon as I find a pair of scissors.

ickey

Smash Rookie
vault data is worthless. it's the screencaps you take in-game, and other stuff that isn't worth copying.

and to reiterate, data cannot be copied to the sd card

MrCheez

Smash Rookie
I can also confirm that you CANNOT copy game save data to an SD card. Tried on a US wii with US Brawl. You just get the message "Cannot copy this file" when trying to copy to your card in the Wii options menu :( :( :(

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
I can't believe some of the ******* in this thread. Guy who says "It's just cuz he has a japanese game and console and is using an AMERICAN SD card"

Dude. SD cards are COMPUTER EQUIPMENT. It is UNIVERSAL.

Know you stuff before you open your mouth.

And all the people who said they copied their brawl data - KNOW YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.

God**** the ignorance is too much.

YOU CAN'T COPY IT.

Just like some gamesaves like Phantasy Star Online couldn't be copied on the cube, or animal crossing. Or Phantasy Star Universe on 360.

These can be copied with a copy device, Datel made them for 360 and original Xbox and cube. They probly will for the Wii also.

Top Bottom