• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Bowser or Melee Bowser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
You're picture says you main bowser

you don't have to be ********/delusional and think bowser is actually good to main him.

just throwin that out there, most of the people who are even decent at using him realize he's a smoldering pile of garbage in melee and realize that he certainly isn't anything amazing in brawl.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
you don't have to be ********/delusional and think bowser is actually good to main him.

just throwin that out there, most of the people who are even decent at using him realize he's a smoldering pile of garbage in melee and realize that he certainly isn't anything amazing in brawl.
You do have to be ******** and delusional to use him anyways *shrugs*

But he's to cute for me to abandon... most of the time.

Wombat-Slayer

Smash Cadet

makes sense

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Bowser is still awesome.

I mean Sonic is still awesome, and he's (supposedly) a big steaming pile of *** in Smash. It just happens.

I love Bowser but I'm not fawning all over him in Brawl. He's just fun to play casually.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
LOL. I only read the first few posts, and, and I won't bother to read the rest. I must say:

-kevinM is dumb. Maybe you would know more what you are talking about if you had spent the last year actually PLAYING smash instead of posting 4100 replies on smashboards?

- brawl bowser is way better then melee bowser. I don't even know why there is some debat about it here, it is pretty onvious. Who is saying he has less approach options in brawl? His air dodge is so slick and his claw is fast.
Definetly one of my favorite in brawl.

edit: ho yeah, and sonic is good too, it is just hard to control his fervor.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i think brawl bowser is better simply due to the physics engine, sure, he can't combo, but nobody else can either, so bowser gets an advantage out of that. a slow game is better for slow characters, and bowser is very slow in both melee and brawl. now, he might not have the same approach options, oh well, he can still approach somewhat, and he is impossible to approach because his fire breath is basically an aimed shield. and kevinM, bowser can punish out of shields as good as the next guy, down smash, sideb, and even upb are reliable punishes

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
LOL. I only read the first few posts, and, and I won't bother to read the rest. I must say:

-kevinM is dumb. Maybe you would know more what you are talking about if you had spent the last year actually PLAYING smash instead of posting 4100 replies on smashboards?

- brawl bowser is way better then melee bowser. I don't even know why there is some debat about it here, it is pretty onvious. Who is saying he has less approach options in brawl? His air dodge is so slick and his claw is fast.

Lol I've got the top melee Bowser on the east coast, but nice try. Keep Bawing. I play snake in Brawl cause I like winning.

-Edit, I don't mean to be an ******* but the discussion was already dropped and you attack me again. I stated my opinions clearly on why I think Melee Bowser is better, and this is coming from someone that HAS played competively and placed well on both games.

Get real.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell are you to come at me like that? I guess I'll respond to your entire post just because you're an idiot.

Point One, using the fact that i'm a member of the debate hall to say i should post facts behind a Brawl Bowser post shows your ignorance to the boards, I don't have to adhere to the highest quality standards of posting every time my fingers hit the keyboard. Sorry you're offended that I know more about Bowser and as such laughed that the original poster would say Bowser was anything more then absolute garbage in Melee. Unfortunately for him, with the new game being based on stuff you can do out of your shield, he's even worse in brawl.

By taking what little combo ability and air spacing Bowser had in Melee and eliminating in with the new physics engine in Brawl, you limit his approaching options. Sure Bowser's new Side B is cool, but it doesn't have the priority to compete with the higher tier characters now.

Basically Bowser what from Useless to Useless, but i'd prefer in melee where he could win a match occasionally against a competent player. I haven't lost to a bowser player yet going Snake/Meta/D3 and i never plan on it. I am willing to put any money out on the table for those of you that think he can compete on a competitive level in brawl.

As for you Chookay, a little respect would be nice, since i've earned my respect in this community and frankly i've never heard of you.

HAHAHAH dood youre a ****ing *******, no one likes you, you arent pro.
get off your ****ing high horse kid, learn to smash.
"a little respect would be nice" you contradict yourself every time you write something, youre calling everyone idiots and failing to recognize that you yourself are an idiot for that.
nobody gives a **** if youre apart of a ball licking club on SWF, that doesnt mean **** for smash skill, youre the one who is narrowminded and ignorant.
these threads are ********, but little cocky kids, who think theyre good
(when in fact they suckass) are 100x more ********.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Well, let's see...

They made Bowser stronger, but removed any combos that he had. They generally removed most characters' combos anyway. But Bowser has very little options against projectile spam in Brawl. Not to mention that speedy characters still kill him. I wouldn't quite call him "useless" in brawl but he's still not very high on the tier list either.

Uhh, KevinM goes to tournaments. I'm his ride to a lot of them. And he places higher than you would, seeing as I've never heard of you. Why don't you come up to Mass Madness this weekend, and prove yourself. I'll money match your Bowser, and not with a top tier either.

Brawl Bowser feels better in the sense of stronger, but he's definitely not better in the sense of beating the high or even mid tiers. Good luck beating MK, Snake, Dedede, etc...

Sonic is worse than Bowser is, unless you play on stages like New Pork City. At least Bowser has priority and kill moves, which Sonic doesn't have. Sure he has speed, but if I wanted speed I'd play MK.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Who the hell are you to come at me like that? I guess I'll respond to your entire post just because you're an idiot.

Point One, using the fact that i'm a member of the debate hall to say i should post facts behind a Brawl Bowser post shows your ignorance to the boards, I don't have to adhere to the highest quality standards of posting every time my fingers hit the keyboard. Sorry you're offended that I know more about Bowser and as such laughed that the original poster would say Bowser was anything more then absolute garbage in Melee. Unfortunately for him, with the new game being based on stuff you can do out of your shield, he's even worse in brawl.

By taking what little combo ability and air spacing Bowser had in Melee and eliminating in with the new physics engine in Brawl, you limit his approaching options. Sure Bowser's new Side B is cool, but it doesn't have the priority to compete with the higher tier characters now.

Basically Bowser what from Useless to Useless, but i'd prefer in melee where he could win a match occasionally against a competent player. I haven't lost to a bowser player yet going Snake/Meta/D3 and i never plan on it. I am willing to put any money out on the table for those of you that think he can compete on a competitive level in brawl.

As for you Chookay, a little respect would be nice, since i've earned my respect in this community and frankly i've never heard of you.
I'm sorry, but I had to comment on this. You are the biggest internet douchebag I've ever witnessed. I hope you get carpel tunnel or trigger finger. People with your attitude piss not only me off, but everyone. So do us a fave and stop acting like you're better than everyone else. lol [/thread]

On a side note. White Bowser for the win.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think we've already dropped that discussion, I know I'm an internet **** whatever, I backed up what I said and I don't give a ****, stop *****ing people

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
lol, i know you may not give a crap, but think about it though. if you piss off the wrong person, who actually goes to tournaments. there could be troubles IRL. and that would suck =/ some people take this stuff personally. lol just try to be nicer or something, even if you are putting them down, put them down nicely....like the humane society or ASPCA does. :D

Yachiru ftw.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks Viers but its true i'm a **** *shrugs*

I mean well though so get over it guys

I love my Bowser bros <3

Oke, i'd definitely like to come by but can we play Melee too <_< hah
Just pointing out for clarification again that I know I'm a ****, and I'm not worried about IRL troubles, smashers are cool if they get E-hurt it usually doesn't mean they go to tournaments in the first place, the people I meet in real life no I just **** around on the forums, cause that's all they're good for.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
You know Kevin, if he's so stupid and such, you could...you know, stop replying to him.

He hasn't even given valid points other than "OH YEAH WELL...YOU SUCK!"

Amide

Smash Lord
Bowser has tons of buffs from Melee to Brawl. He's faster, stronger, better fire breath, awesome Bowser Bomb. The only thing that got downgraded a lot was his recovery.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
No, the physics changes to melee make him much slower and almost completely incapable of being 'faster'.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
No, the physics changes to brawl make him and everybody else much slower, and almost completely incapable of being as fast as they used to be :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dum de dum dum dumm...

oh whats this?

a thread that has reduced itself to (in essence) a string of "no u" arguing and occasional flaming?

hmm...

NO U!!!!

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom