• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Availability on March 9th...

Borna

Smash Cadet
I'm starting to worry that I might not be able to get Brawl on march 9th...Think about it, pretty much everybody that owns a Nintendo Wii is going to want that game...and So many people preordered so I don't know what to do.

You think what are my chances if I camp (like go at 10pm) to gamestop and get it there? I think I might camp, it's on a Saturday and It can be fun...

If some kid gets infront of me or if I don't get it there is going to be some trouble...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man, there are alot of threads like this today.

Just pre-order it people.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
if you pre-order it, you will get it!! at least at gamestop you are guaranteed a copy. Just do it

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
just preorder, i think camping is stupid btw, if anything, get at most 1 hour before it opens lawl, not like i would do that ><

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
lulz not everyone has access to preordering

I'm probably going to preorder at one place and then go with a buddy to see if I can get it earlier (as I can't go to this place at midnight...)

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
lulz not everyone has access to preordering

I'm probably going to preorder at one place and then go with a buddy to see if I can get it earlier (as I can't go to this place at midnight...)
Dude, just go to gamestop and ask for preording options for Super Smash Bros Brawl, give them the 50 bucks, go home, and find something to do until march 9th...

180OP

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to worry that I might not be able to get Brawl on march 9th...Think about it, pretty much everybody that owns a Nintendo Wii is going to want that game...and So many people preordered so I don't know what to do.

You think what are my chances if I camp (like go at 10pm) to gamestop and get it there? I think I might camp, it's on a Saturday and It can be fun...

If some kid gets infront of me or if I don't get it there is going to be some trouble...
I dont know why people make threads like these. Even top mathmeticians of Smashboards wont be able to give you odds on getting the game.

You dont need to make a thread about it.

J18

Smash Journeyman
just preorder the freakin game. it's barely any more money, and it's easier.
i know i'm not getting mine march 9 cuz mine is being delivered to me, so it'll be between 9-16 =[

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
The place where I'm at will most likely get a few copies, so I'll try to get it then. I'll have to go early before all the kiddies though. Good thing it isn't Saturday, or they'd be awake at like, 4am for Saturday morning cartoons.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Games never sell out, man. NEVER. But you our paranoid about this. Pre-order it for your own good.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Yes, if you can and are near gamestop or whatever. Please do yourself a favor and pre-order it! It's pretty much free if you do. Take that advantage.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I preordered mine but I am going to go to the mid night realease anyway.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I think the reason the Japan release was only delayed 1 week, and the NA release was delayed a month was so they could supply enough copies.

but I pre-ordered just in case :)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I will pistol whip the next person that says per-order!
"per-order"

There might be some that you can get, but I won't promise anything and I doubt there will be.

Just do as everyone else says.. I did..

-Onyx

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I will pistol whip the next person that says per-order!
Did I mention to get it on time, you should pre-order?

Diddy Kong fears noone. Bring on the pistol whipping!!

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I doubt your store will run out of games the minute it opens. The best buy in my town had more than enough Halo 3 copies in stock and Halo was MUCH more hyped up than Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You said "pre-order," so you're safe. He's just mad about people saying "per-order" it looks like.
Aw, I read it wrong, lol. mai raeding skillz r perdy not so guud.

I was expecting a fight :( Peanut pistol vs. actual pistol? zomg epic anyone?

TheRooster

Smash Cadet
I think this last delay was made so they could make enough copies of the game for the US....

Never heard of a game selling out before either.

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
Games never sell out, man. NEVER. But you our paranoid about this. Pre-order it for your own good.
yeah. I went to my local Target and had no problem buying Halo 3. And I went to a Best Buy at the end of the day on Nov 14th and bought SMG. Surprisingly the guy said they'd been selling all day. So there should definitely be enough.
as for preorder, I'll never rely on gamestop pre-orders after all those people who didn't get their wiis, ps3s and 360s. those were consoles but still

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
why the **** wouldn't you pre order it, if you camp out for it, they're just going to laugh out you and say your beat. Besides, there are going to be so many smashes available everywhere, even blockbuster is advertising reservations for it and they're not a big video game place.

Kenryoku_Maxis

Smash Rookie
if you pre-order it, you will get it!! at least at gamestop you are guaranteed a copy. Just do it
I really wonder about that. I've actually seen GameStop go over their limit on pre-orders for certain big name games before. And this is as big of a game as they come, WITH a famous shortage of units when the game hit retail in Japan.

Will the American release have a similar shortage of copies when it is released? I live in a area that has 12 different GameStop stores. As well as all the different EBGames, one of which where I pre-ordered my Smash Bros Brawl, recently just forcibly being converted into GameStop stores instead of their separate EBGames facade. All of which are going to have to split their Brawl shipments between themselves for the same 20-25 mile radius. To do the math, for an avg large game, these stores usually only get about 3-6 games a piece. How many Pre-Orders of Brawl are they allocating to themselves? Especially since I pre-ordered mine all the way back in October? Am I guaranteed my copy?

You better believe I'm camping outside their door WAY early.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'll be attending the midnight launch (if there is one), just so I can play it ASAP. I want to be one of the first of the general public to own a copy of the NSTC-U/C Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Brawl is popular, but not overly hyped. Nintendo hasn't done a great Job with that recently. If worst comes to worse you'll probably be able to get it at Wal-Mart or something. Though where you live makes a difference. Where I live I know you can still reserve it and I know that even if you didn't you could easily get it at a non game/electronics's store.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
You'll get it. There were like fifty copies of Halo 3 at Best Buy on the day it came out when I went to go pick up a game. The only game I've ever seen anyone have trouble getting was Rock Band during the first few days. Most big releases put more than enough copies on the shelves.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
yeah i agree, but you should pre order just to be safe, you do not want to risk not having this glorious masterpiece right away

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If you don't preorder it, don't be ******** and go to Gamestop thinking you can get a copy. Go to a store that doesn't accept preorders.

I saw copies of Halo 3 late the day it came out-- which was the best selling game at launch ever.

Final verdict: Preordering it is easier. But not needed.

Top Bottom