• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl and Melee in the Tournament Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
For starters I don't hate brawl and I think It's a good game, but I think melee is also an amazing game that for me has introduced me into the many people who are reading this post and has provided me with countless hours of fun.

I think that in the upcoming tournament scene we should have both Melee AND Brawl tournaments. Normally this doesn't happen though, new games overshadow old I.E. Halo 2 over halo 1 and so on.

But why do we go to tournaments? for 95% of people its to go and have fun and the other 5% to make money. (but they have fun too :laugh:) So thats what it really comes down to. Do you have more fun playing melee or Brawl or if you're like me you have different types of fun playing the different games.

From what I've seen you can actually apply some things from brawl and bring them over to melee. Since Brawl forced me to slow down my mindgames in melee have been better.

Really this is all up to the community to decide whether we want to keep a part of the past or just forget it and move on to something new.

I say we have both melee and Brawl tournaments and have them be held on different dates, because having both a Melee and Brawl tourney on the same day would be madness. All the newcomers in Brawl and all the veterans in Gigs or other small places will look and feel like a crowded elevator.

Post your thoughts on here.

P.S. If your here to flame melee over brawl and haven't played melee since brawl came out I'd go play melee so you have both sides of the argument (Melee is too much fun)

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I could definitely see melee tourneys still being held pretty often. If you look at the fighting game community, they play at least 3 different versions of street fighter all the time (3S, ST, A3) because these versions are so different from one another. The same is true for melee and brawl, so I honestly don't see melee dying off any time soon.

derf

Smash Ace
i think everybody pretty much knows where i stand at this point

the reason i think a combo tourney would be a good idea for gigs is although a lot of south florida players like both games, i dont think theyd be willing to travel to orlando more often than they do now.
a while back, gigs did do one tourney with low tier doubles + singles in addition to regular doubles and singles. they started an hour earlier than usual, and although it did take too long, it would have ended at a semi-reasonable hour without the low tier doubles

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Didn't I leave another thread about this open?

Ok we get it already! FL loves melee and sucks at brawl! lol j/k
Please stop making a billion topics about this. Thanks =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom