• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Aint Competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Brawl in my opinion ain't gonna be anywhere near the level of the technical beauty of Melee. They removed almost all the elements of Melee that made it a great competitive game and slowed it da **** down. I was playing Samus, doing shorthop missiles and d-airs and I thought "**** boyeee, wtf is this slow-mo mode?" Brawl isn't Melee 2.0, it's Melee 0.5 with lots of extra content and characters.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but right now Brawl looks like a sorry dumbed down substitute for Melee. It's just sad seeing everyone ****ting theyselves over tripping, attempting to dashdance, finding some little two-hit combo, or some stupid C-stick special attack tricks. I'm putting it on da record, most of da "advanced" **** as smash players think of it was discovered the second you popped Brawl into the Wii.

OMG Mario's d-air is now his old down-B and it cancels itself! Oh snap......some other aerials do too! Oh **** son, Sheik's d-air turned into some ****ty version of Kirby's down-B! OMG now u can double f-air with Marth if you're 7 years old!

I like Brawl, its fun and easy but I don't think its anywhere near as deep as Melee. Take Marth for example........name one god**** thing Marth can do in Brawl he can't do in Melee(?????)...........now name something he can do in Melee he can't do in Brawl(crazy dashdance, chaingrabs, crazy d-tilt, crazy pivot, platform cancels).............hmmmmm which list is longer?? And Samus........**** no son don't get me started on Samus........oh wait actually don't get me started on Falcon........god****...........one of the developers must've been ***** daily by a good Melee Falcon to shaft him that bad in Brawl.

Ok if you've read this far, and if you think wavedashing is an illegal glitch please go play some ****ty Madden 2005 or whatever u got rotting in ur PS2 and never play smash again. If you've just started playing smash and you honestly think you'll rip up the tournament scene with Ike and ur name is IkeG0d453 then also stop reading. If you're a good Melee player and you know what I'm saying is true then lets all toast the finest game ever made: SSBM.

Like I said before, please prove me wrong and discover some insane combos or techniques because right now I'm not seeing any beyond 2-3,4 hits..........and no, I don't consider Pikmin biting DK's *** while u aerial him a combo.

Once more for the record: I like Brawl.

I'm also gonna rip up the tournament scene with Ike.

kooky

Smash Cadet
So your opinion is that a game can't be and will never be competetive when some special techniques are missing. You think melee is better and more competetive, which might really be right. Why you then don't just play melee? You don't have to play brawl, and maybe you ARE right, but there is no reason to make a thread like this. It's your opinion, but this has been posted a million times, it's just not necessary to start another thread especially not with that kind of non-objective anger.

Umby

Smash Master
These threads need to stop.

While I prefer Melee for the reasons you insist it's better than Brawl, you have to keep in mind that Brawl is not Melee 2. Just in the same aspect that Melee isn't Smash 64 v2.0. It was meant to be played different.

But yeah, these threads need to stop aaa.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
At least talk properly if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Also, you're overlooking some of the cool new tricks that have already been put to good use in Brawl that weren't available in Melee, such as RAR, footstool jump attacking and the new awesome powershield.

Brawl may only be slightly less technical than Melee, it just has a totally different set of advanced techniques, and most of them are character-specific.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
brawl is a less glitch centered game than melee, that doesnt mean it doesnt hve a competitive side. just look at sports in real life. you dont see thoseguys raceing in the idie 500 snakeing do you? (I know snakeing isnt a glitch, but you get my point)

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
The game has been out for a week, they're not gonna find has as much stuff in a week as they found in Melee in FIVE YEARS. Give it time.
And even if it's not as competitive, it still has online, and more characters, and a stage builder. The slower speed of the game accommodates online as well. If it were as fast as Melee, we'd all die from lag.

And this is a bit irrelevant, but it's bugging me. You seem to have perfect English and typing skills, but it looks like you're trying to sound incromhensible on purpose. Why?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Just because there's less technicality doesn't mean the game is completely uncompetitive. I guarantee that some people still won't be able to short hop and fast fall, as well as do any techniques that happen to come up. People don't have the same reflexes, nor put as much work into characters as others.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, you're overlooking some of the cool new tricks that have already been put to good use in Brawl that weren't available in Melee, such as RAR, footstool jump attacking and the new awesome powershield.
The new awesome powershield limits us more than it helps us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom