• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl after 2 years of break

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,

So I've had a long break(2yrs) since playing competive Brawl and I just visited smashboards

for the first time in two years.

I have no idea whats going on.

What is the most popular verson of brawl being played right now? ( Last time I checked, almost everyone was playing brawl+ Im assuming M-Brawl correct me if im wrong)

And also, is there a pre-made SD card folder I can copy and paste? ( with random textures,stages and music of anyones )

Thanks alot!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
In the first place, Brawl wasn't competitive when you were around. Even Melee's rulers were knocked down to the noob rung of the ladder again when Brawl was released.

Second, I would look in the Brawl Workshop for **** about hacking.

Desire

Smash Journeyman
We had decent number of tourneys during 2009s. I don't understand your definition of competitive.

And I looked for decent amount of time looking for someone's sd card folder, seems like there isnt one.

And can someone answer my question on whats the most popular version being played as of now?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Compare an 09 video to a more recent one. Obviously, there have been changes, as players simply get better over a year or two of practice.

And I'm not much of a hacking person, but I suggest Project M. Great ****, although there are some unchangeable factors, thanks to Brawl just being Brawl ( i.e., Fox's limitations :mad: )

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As of now, Project M is the big one, as it's basically Melee, but with Brawl characters as well, and extra custom stages (last I checked). I haven't played it myself, but the Youtube videos I've seen is really impressive, so kudos to the team behind the project... I mean, major kudos.

As for hacking textures, your best bet is the workshop, as they deal with things like that.

As for things that has changed, Meta Knight has been officially banned, and his ban will officially kick in after January 9 of 2012. The metagame has obviously changed, but will change even more drastically with MK's banning. Other than that, not much else.

The good thing about Brawl, is that it really is a fairly simple game to pick up and learn, unlike Melee, which is more technical with Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, and Moonwalking, so it shouldn't take you very long to get up to speed with playing Brawl.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
which is more technical with Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, and Moonwalking,
I find none of these difficult, xD.

And the extra stages are FoD, Melee FD, Foursides, SSE Jungle Dark Bowser battle stage, Dreamland, the Yoshi's Island one from Melee and 64, and I'm obviously failing at remembering all this.

Top Bottom