• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl´s lvl9 cpu vs Melee´s lvl9 cpu

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Brawl by far.
The melee AI was good, but it was exploitable. Like very.
Anytime you'd block or run towards it, it would go for a grab. And juggling them was incredibly simple. I think its cool how they designed the ai to do jab cancels and what not though and if you're ever grabbed by a wall they'll throw you towards it and attempt an infinite.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Depends, really. Melee's AI is easily exploitable. On the other hand, if you want to preserve your honor (in a way), and use no exploits, well... Have fun getting PERFECT SHIELDED all the time. Personally, I give no mercy to those pests.
In Brawl, they're a lot smarter, but a lot more fair. Basically, the opposite of Melee's. All in all, I'd have to say Brawl's CPU is harder. It seems to have things more in control, and can sometimes hit you when you least expect it. Then there's the whole thing about the CPU learning, being that a debate about it is not the purpose of this thread.
Quick edit: Yes, as Eternal Yoshi pointed, if it's 1 vs 1, Brawl's CPU is ok. If it's free for all with 2 or 3 CPU opponents...

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Both are idiots, but Brawl's AI is much more annoying, if only for their prejudice against human players.
OMG, Thank GOD I'm not the only one who noticed this. The CPUs on Brawl mostly go for me, especially during Final Smashes (I'm looking at you Sonic and Pikachu)

I guess i'll say Brawl, there a lot harder to me. I'm not saying Melee's isn't hard, but there honestly very dense. An example would be is they taunt when they get back after being KO'd, it's very weird. Brawl (at least to me) has no like extreme glitches where the CPUs do very very dumb moves. :p

Killamari

Smash Rookie
Both of them have problems, but i think the brawl AI gives more of a challenge, even though at times its incredibly predictable (especially when they recover).

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Both are idiots, but Brawl's AI is much more annoying, if only for their prejudice against human players.
This.

Both are easy to exploit, but when you directly attack the Brawl's AI, it can be frustrating. They like to grab, use b special, and air dodge a lot.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Funny thing: the AI only targets you if it doesn't already have a target and there isn't a closer target (except at the beginning of the match). If it targets a different CPU player, it'll stick to that target until it's too far away or dead.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
Id have to say melee. They spam like crazy and their annoying as hell.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
They both suck.

In Melee, all you have to do is a Side Smash, and they walk right into it.

In Brawl, they are unpredictable, but somewhat stupid.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Brawl AI can learn, which is very scary. I had one pull off a Ken Combo on me in B- and I couldn't sleep that night.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
CPU Fox's jab game in Melee is a little rage inducing. I don't know if he's like that in Brawl roo.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Brawl AI can learn, which is very scary. I had one pull off a Ken Combo on me in B- and I couldn't sleep that night.
Actually, it is a myth proven false, they cannot learn. They are nothing more than a program doing what it was programmed to do. There was some discussion on this, which you can read here.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yea Brawl AI doesn't learn.

Easily provable by replays. (Only player inputs and the random variables are stored in replays, so if CPUs learned, at least between matches, then old replays would de-sync).

There's also the fact that Brawl AI has been heavily researched, and it's even possible to edit to a reasonable degree at the moment (a chaingrabbing Falco has been made), and from this it has been found that there's nowhere for the AI to store information that would help it to learn.
Any examples of learning are more or less flukes.

Anyway Brawl AI > Melee AI
I mean have you seen lvl 9 Luigi :awesome:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MELEE IS BETTER EVEN WHEN IT COMES TO LEVEL 9 CPUS

seriously though, level 9 ganon and his frame perfect upb's are way too good

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Fox and Falco cpus in melee just love to jab spam you. Its annoying but they're damn good at it. I also noticed that melee cpus taunt when your running away. As if trying to goad you into fighting which your supposed to do of course.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In Brawl, fighting a level nine CPU is a much harder task than I recall it being in Melee. It's like they study me? These stupid things begin using my own techniques against me! Really, what AI knows how to chaingrab if it didn't come from me? When I first saw this happen to me I was like "what Satanic witchcraft is this?!". That was the day I no longer thought so lightly of the AI. It's always watching... Studying... >_>

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Idk if they do this in Melee (can't remember), but the Brawl CPU taunts when you die even when they had nothing to do with the kill.

It pisses me off that they think they got a KO and didn't, bunch of masochistic animals I tell you.

UberMario

Smash Master
Brawl's felt more natural to me. Melee's were way too easily exploitable to really enjoy beating themoften (especially Luigi. >_>). Heck, the easiest way to play Melee's Adventure mode on the higher settings is to step into the same spot each time and either shield their blow until they SD (Giant DK) or just stay under a platform and let them drop through from above . . . . . .

They both beat 64's pitiful attempts at recovering, though.

Idk if they do this in Melee (can't remember), but the Brawl CPU taunts when you die even when they had nothing to do with the kill.

It pisses me off that they think they got a KO and didn't, bunch of masochistic animals I tell you.
They occasionally taunt when you kill THEM in Melee, though they also always taunt when they KO you, too. Brawl's "unnecessary taunts" are probably due to the changes in SD criteria, since as soon as you get hit by someone else, you can't self-destruct according to the scores in a FFA.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

I believe they taunt when they don't have a target. Seeing as you are not an available target when KOed, they have nothing else to do.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I dunno. As said before, Melee's AI is extremely exploitable (e.g. Lvl 9 Ness, Jungle Japes, 1 stock, you win everytime as long as Ness is set in the player 2 position and you don't move). But on the other hand, Brawl's AI does stuff like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IWOn8Kk2J4

Top Bottom