• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bravely Default

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How is there no thread on this game yet?!

It's a nice gem from Square-Enix, pretty much classic era Final Fantasy. It also has quite a bit of support for social media.

If you've already played the demo, you can get up to 7 reward packages of various beginning-assistance items, along with up to 20 villagers to populate your initial town rebuilding effort. The best stuff will come from making friends outside of the demo, though, with Net-Friending basically simulating StreetPasses through the Internet (you get some extra villagers and Friend Summons), and Abilink being as strong as ever now that there's a lot more jobs and the job level cap is 14 rather than 4.

Let's share friend codes, job/ability combinations, etc.!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There's been some talk about the game in the Final Fantasy thread.

I think the game is amazing so far. I really like the battle system, it works very well on hard mode. The music is really good too. I also love the hand drawn artwork in the towns.
I've wanted to see this game localized from the first time I heard of it, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

I only have four jobs right now, though I've used more because I did play the demo. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can use.

Last edited:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I have no idea how to change my friend card. T_T

☯ Other than that, I'm just now starting chapter 1. Loving this game right now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can change your friend card from the Streetpass option on the bottom screen side menu, I think.
Prologue chapter should've covered how to Send a new Friend Summon.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if you want to change your friend card go into the menu > tactics> friends or whatever it is and you can change it there

game is godlike already in chapter 4 would recommend this game to anybody with a 3ds

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
I really want to play this game, but I'm poor and disgusting; so I won't be getting it any time soon.

This game really reminds me of FFIII for the DS(or at least the remake).

Globe

I only care for waifus
Probably pick this game up during the weekend.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm currently at chapter 3. Just got the Salve Maker Asterisk.

All characters are level 43.

Edea has Monk 6, Knight 2, Merchant 8, Spell Fencer 9, Valkyrie 9, and Pirate 6

Tiz has Freelancer 4, White Mage 7 (just for Abate Water because of a certain boss that OHKO'd him at full HP), Thief 9, Merchant 8, and Ranger 9

Agnes has White Mage 9, Time Mage 5, Summoner 5, Red Mage 9, and Performer 9

Ringabel has Monk 2, White Mage 7 (see Tiz), Black Mage 9, Knight 2, Time Mage 9, Red Mage 6, And Pirate 8.

I don't see myself changing Edea up from her current path, or Tiz, though he will become more physical orientated once I get pass chapter 7 where stealing items isn't important.

I orignally planned on having Agnes as a buffer and healer, but she never gets a chance to buff so instead I'm gonna work on Salve Make for her and make her a godly healer.

I'm considering changing Ringabel to a physical character because magic has started to become under whelming in terms of damage, even with his M.ATK raised to the highest I could get it to, which is 124 atm (2 rods, Mage's Hat, Black Robe, and Amulet). Close combat seems like it does more in damage now. If I do I think I'm gonna make him a Debuffer/Counter character once I get Swordmaster Asterisk or maybe I'll do what I'm doing with Edea and sube him as a Fencer instead. I can't decide.

The game is pretty addicting.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah generally physical attacks have better damage potential than pure magical attacks, which eventually only become good for utility against physical resist monsters such as the Belphegor Nemesis, unless you mass Black Resonance or something. Crowd control damage is a choice between BP (Valkyrie) and MP (Summoner).

I'm really liking combining Sword Magic with physical skills from other classes, though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Incredible game. Currently having fun messing around on hardmode. Only up to chapter 1 right now, but I love how frequently they throw boss fights at you. It's really clever how all the bosses are based off of clases you can get too. Like, they decided best way to demo what the class is capable of is by making you face it in battle first.

Also I refuse to believe this wasn't intentional, coming from Ringabel.
VVV

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
this game is fuqin **** omfg
im running agnes bm/wm, edea ranger, tiz valk, ringabel pirate
the collectors edition is well worth it IMO, the art book is amazing

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
For those whom have played Bravely Default, how is the story?

I played the demo last year and thought it was okay. I have been thinking about buying the full version, but I am just worried whether the story is good. I do not know about others, but for me, in most RPG's, it does not matter to me how great the gameplay may be; if it does not have a good story, odds are I will not buy it. Judging by one trailer I saw, so far I have the impression that Bravely Default is a non-serious RPG that is mostly comical on purpose.

Hmm, maybe I will just look for a walkthrough on YouTube.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For those whom have played Bravely Default, how is the story?

I played the demo last year and thought it was okay. I have been thinking about buying the full version, but I am just worried whether the story is good. I do not know about others, but for me, in most RPG's, it does not matter to me how great the gameplay may be; if it does not have a good story, odds are I will not buy it. Judging by one trailer I saw, so far I have the impression that Bravely Default is a non-serious RPG that is mostly comical on purpose.

Hmm, maybe I will just look for a walkthrough on YouTube.
The story has been good so far. There are comical reliefs, mostly from Ringabel, and quite a few of them but they don't detract from the story. The story itself is surprisingly dark.

Slight spoilers here

In one side quest 2 children kill each other. Seriously.
In another side quest you get locked up in a house with other people with the other people getting murdered.
There are some very suspicious things about a certain character when he disappears at very convenient times.
There is character development.

It's definitely not bad in regards to the story. And is much more serious then it seems to be.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The story has been good so far. There are comical reliefs, mostly from Ringabel, and quite a few of them but they don't detract from the story. The story itself is surprisingly dark.

Slight spoilers here

In one side quest 2 children kill each other. Seriously.
In another side quest you get locked up in a house with other people with the other people getting murdered.
There are some very suspicious things about a certain character when he disappears at very convenient times.
There is character development.

It's definitely not bad in regards to the story. And is much more serious then it seems to be.
Alright. Thanks; that is what I wanted to know.

I guess I will give this game a chance when I have the free time.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So how far has everyone else gotten. I'm currently on chapter 4 and working on the Vampire side-quest. Level 59 for all and can't get pass the first dragon. It basically OHKOs, if not on the first turn then definitely on the second turn, my whole party in one hit. Have the feeling I'm going to have to resort to the Ninja trick for the dragons.

These are seriously the first bosses I have encountered in this game that I consider cheap. Quada, while a pain in the arse, wasn't cheap. Victor and Victoria weren't cheap, I lost against them due to my own stupidity not realize about Exterminate.

But these ****ing dragons. Good grief they are cheap as all hell. And I have to kill 6 of them no less.

Player-3

Smash Hero
just use the spiritmender ability where you halve elemental damage, and equip the accessories that negate each dragons specific status ailment is the easy way

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm only in Florem (Chapter 2), just finished the side stories there I think.
I'm still Knight/Freelancer/Monk/White Mage and it's starting to hurt me since I don't have other cool abilities but I'm also almost lv. 10 on those jobs so I don't want to abandon them yet.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm only in Florem (Chapter 2), just finished the side stories there I think.
I'm still Knight/Freelancer/Monk/White Mage and it's starting to hurt me since I don't have other cool abilities but I'm also almost lv. 10 on those jobs so I don't want to abandon them yet.
With how early you are in the game, it's better to abandoned jobs at level 9 since that's when the JP requirement becomes absurd, 800 (or is it 900?) JP required to get to level 9 but 3500 to get to level 10.

just use the spiritmender ability where you halve elemental damage, and equip the accessories that negate each dragons specific status ailment is the easy way
Don't the dragons have a move that make you weak to their elements, which ends up making those useless, though?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been reading a guide, and it says that equipping Two-handed is recommended for pirates, but I've found that if you have dual equip it deals a lot more damage

Anyone have an idea for this?

Top Bottom