• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brand spankin' new Luigiking vids (updated, 3 new)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I got a capture card for my birthday last week, and just now got around to setting it all up. I only have two videos for right now, but I have a lot more replays I'm going to convert here in the next few days. However, I thought that since the Luigi boards are nice and dead this might be a good time to post some vids. Anyway, here you go. I forgot to mention earlier, but these are all friendly matches. I play against these guys on a very regular basis, so we all kind of know how to play each other.

1) Luigiking vs Superjoe (Lucario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvpwZhTVz8

2) Luigiking vs Swastikapyle (Zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7HFTW5_NTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHmWVkAjy4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Vx3pQAmA8

There is some good stuff between the two. The second vid is to show you Luigi mains how to play Luigi a bit more defensively, because that is pretty much all I do against that Zelda. Anyway, enjoy :)

Oh, and please be nice and critical. Except don't tell me I suck, because that would hurt my feelings. Hah. K I'm done.

EDIT NOTE: I took the link down to the old Pyle vid, but put up the three new ones.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
very nice matches. Nice dodging, which i've found essential to my luigi game. I abandoned him for a while before i knew about spot dodging, but once i got used to it my luigi got a lot better.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
you did pretty good , you did shoryukens very prudently , i notice you are now buffering dsmashes which is good , wigi already covered the fire lock part i dont have to repeat what he already said , you overcame that nasty habit of rolling which is great man , i only saw you do it once and it actually helped, great overall.

+1

Delvro

Smash Ace
Ooh, I really liked the sh BBair landing to a Free Delivery on Zelda

I need to try that!

Also, do you know if it's possible to Nair through Din's fire?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Ooh, I really liked the sh BBair landing to a Free Delivery on Zelda

I need to try that!

Also, do you know if it's possible to Nair through Din's fire?
Yeah it is possible, I do it all the time. I actually nair through it mroe than I air dodge, I just happened to not do so during this match.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Your match with Zelda should be shown to every Luigi player in the world, I think. It was a real learning experience for me.

I tend to go into flailing-monkey mode sometimes. Although it's great to get a 60% combo, sometimes you gotta know when to approach and when to wait and bait.

Props!

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
That Zelda match is very misleading because it's when I was experimenting with dtilt a lot more and wasn't playing the way I usually do against you. Put up a REAL match, you still do pretty good.

Also, how in the **** did you survive those last two hits in that Lucario match.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
That Zelda match is very misleading because it's when I was experimenting with dtilt a lot more and wasn't playing the way I usually do against you. Put up a REAL match, you still do pretty good.

Also, how in the **** did you survive those last two hits in that Lucario match.
Is that the universal way of playing Zelda, or are you just defensive with Din's Fire? I always thought double Fairs or something would be a key part to opening up your opponent. (I don't play Zeldas).

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
WAs the zelda match for real? I mean, throwing SH fireballs, and a walking din fire up close is so ~.~. You can just Nair/powershield it through. Tbh, if your going show a defensive luigi, do it against a character that you definitly need to play defensively like Mk for example. Anyways you need to stop using airdodge after every attack. That's one of luigi's weak spots. Anyone can just airchase you if you keep airdodging. Only airdodge at the right time. Also your pretty flexible with the jab game. Another thing I recommend is doing SH (insert any aerial) buffered into a spotdodge or tornado to get around the din's fire. Oh throw some Ftilts in replacement of fsmash to keep it fresh. other wise nice luigi.

Lucario vid:

When your doing a Dair > Nair > Utilts> don't go for a upair. Unlike some, I always go or mix it up to a well spaced bair or sometimes a fair. You don't want to challenge a upair against lucario's dair. You were pretty taking some unnesscary hits though, perhaps abit too aggressive. There were other times where you just let Lucario charge his aura sphere which is a no-no.

0:51-1:00= BEAUTFUL setup from fireballs. Fireballs > Fair> Dair spike epic. GGs.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
First of all nice Luigi, I think a little better than mine.

Zelda fight:

Very good defensively, good power shields, AD's and edgeguarding. With footstool!
But when you get up so close after a tornado I would have grabbed, the UpB at the begging was good but a d-throw combo would rack up damage. I know it is hard to approach Zelda, good fireball use.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Is that the universal way of playing Zelda, or are you just defensive with Din's Fire? I always thought double Fairs or something would be a key part to opening up your opponent. (I don't play Zeldas).
Hell no, I don't know what Swastika thinks he's doing with Zelda. I was kinda disappointed, I assumed he would have improved from the last time he posted some vids and we gave advice.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I said that was a match I was experimenting with Zelda's dtilt, you can tell easily that I'm not doing most of Zelda's regular options. Feel free to misinterpret it however you want though, as always. It's easy to make someone look bad if you cherrypick an old match.

Double Fairs, along with most shorthop approaches, is an easy way to get yourself upsmashed against a Zelda.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I said that was a match I was experimenting with Zelda's dtilt, you can tell easily that I'm not doing most of Zelda's regular options. Feel free to misinterpret it however you want though, as always. It's easy to make someone look bad if you cherrypick an old match.

Double Fairs, along with most shorthop approaches, is an easy way to get yourself upsmashed against a Zelda.
Well if that's truly the case and that isn't your current style, then I apologize. I was mostly referring to your usual methods of reckless Dins at insanely close ranges and Dins on your return to the stage. If this was just a sandbagging match then I would be upset that somebody even posted it of me.

WIGI

Smash Champion
or hold up on controll stick and mash cstick left or ight. but sumtimes you ful hop fair.

if i ever full hop fari im trying to do an fsmash lol.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Here is 3 new matches I got bored enough to upload. He plays a very good defensive game until the 3rd video. Learn from it.

Also, keep in mind that Wigi's bair will outprioritize every move of Zelda's (and go straight through Din's Fire). An upsmash directly below it is the only thing that beats it.

A defensive Wigi's best attacks are these:

1. Bair
2. Spotdodge ----> downsmash
3. Fireball (seriously, it has potential)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7HFTW5_NTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHmWVkAjy4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Vx3pQAmA8

Add these to the OP, Lking.

WIGI

Smash Champion
swastika i want to play you then have you upload vids. havn't fought good xeldas in a long time are you available today?

WIGI

Smash Champion
k next time im in adaho il look you up -.-

i have good wifi lol.

but still. good wifi in brawl isn't the best

good live play in brawl isn't the best.

melee is the best.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Those three videos were really something else!

A good friend of mine mains Zelda but it's nothing like that. Jesus.

Top Bottom