• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brand new(sorta) to Smashboards

Amaya01

Smash Rookie
NNID
Amaya01
3DS FC
2368-0409-0662
Hey guys! just wanted to let you all know that your Y O S H I B O Y Amaya00 is here! You can call me Amaya or Zach, I have no preference.
I am brand new to learning "How To Play" Smash Brothers, and Fighting games in particular. When I was around 5 years old I was introduced to the Smash Brothers game for n64 and I fell in love instantly. I practiced so much so that whenever I played against my brother I would have a shot at beating him. It was truly one of the first things I was passionate about... Ahh. Good times. Anyways, I have a pretty good grasp on how to perform advanced techniques, but that doesn't matter when I have almost no clue whatsoever as to how to actually apply them to real play other than to look Stylish. As TKbreezy says, "Style above anything else." I guess my first realpost here is both Introducing myself, and asking you all this:
How do you PLAY Smash? When I see top players duking it out on stream or on Youtube, I think "Wow, they're really good. I know I'm 'good' but no where near as great as them!" I will take my first step in enlightenment and identify and confess, that I usually play out of sheer "autoplay" or "instinct." I want to learn how to think about what I'm doing, while I'm doing it, and I want to figure out if what I want to learn truly is the difference between good and God like. Help me in my journey toward the best of the best, and I will surely help you in as many ways as I can. Thanks in advance for anyones input.

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
I know this is cheesey, but pratice makes perfect. There are lots of guides for all characters and you can watch pro players to pick up combos. And for reads and such its just pratice, i need to improve there myself

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Welcome to Smashboards! Playing with instinct is not a problem, but the reflexes have to be on the same level, and you will get better with more practice. Focus on the opponent, but see what are your mistakes, and fix them.

Gladdy07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gladdy07
3DS FC
3050-7717-2368
Welcome to Smashboards if your bored and ill respond as fast as I can and if not ill step it up.

addtext_com_MjMxNzE5NjM5OTc.jpg

Amaya01

Smash Rookie
NNID
Amaya01
3DS FC
2368-0409-0662
Welcome to Smashboards! Playing with instinct is not a problem, but the reflexes have to be on the same level, and you will get better with more practice. Focus on the opponent, but see what are your mistakes, and fix them.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Amaya01

Smash Rookie
NNID
Amaya01
3DS FC
2368-0409-0662
I know this is cheesey, but pratice makes perfect. There are lots of guides for all characters and you can watch pro players to pick up combos. And for reads and such its just pratice, i need to improve there myself
Thanks for some helpful advice, Im trying to hammer myself into a concrete practice schedule, and I am currently trying to find more and more tournaments in my local area.

Amaya01

Smash Rookie
NNID
Amaya01
3DS FC
2368-0409-0662
Hopefully I can find more tournaments to get better practice, since I can only practice combos and DI on Computers really.
thanks for the welcomes and helpful tips guys!

Top Bottom