• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brainstorming new implication for Lloyd

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
Okay so this revolves around a theory that Lloyd comes out frame 1. as in to say you can summon Lloyd frame 1. in any case Lloyd is either frame 1 or frame 2.

since I've picked up Pikachu as a secondary, I can tell you thunder will get you out of a juggle when even an air dodge won't. air dodge coming out at frame 3 while thunder comes out frame 2.

Lloyd coming out at frame 1 means if there's so much as a 1 frame window in a juggle or combo, Lloyd can get you out of it.

Okay so in theory it makes sense, but I'm not sure actually WHEN it would be implementable.
Possibly some jab juggles, or forward air strings.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
The most i've used Lloyd for juggling is for stalling :/ that and you have to remember Lloyd is a hitbox as soon as it starts moving, unless your opponent hits it. Theoretically? Awesome. Reality? Eh. Dont get me wrong it would be cool if there was Lloyd combos xD

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Off the top of my head, against a Dedede or Li'l Mac, you can toss out a lloid when they're jab-comboing you to either escape or hit them for some free damage, though they can shield if they time their finishing jab correctly. Conversely, you can toss out a lloid behind you, ensuring that, should they chase you while you're in knock back, they'll get stuffed by the lloid.

Also, lloid.

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
So lloid can combo into any aerial right?
Well, I was labbing and found that you can get a spike on the ledge with it
New signature Villy combo
lets go

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Kinda knew this (Not to sound like that guy) but I didnt have the video evidence because I dont own a capture card :T

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ye, I found that out a while ago. You could just lloid > run past your opponent > dair after lloid hits them.

Top Bottom