• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers standing A single hit

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
This attack is freaking amazing! From what I seen so far it creates a nice hit stun, recover rights away, and drags back towards the ground with zero knock back. I've been using this to set up his new throw or his forward tilt. The cool thing is no matter how far they are if they can be hit by the A they can be grabbed. The tip of it is out of most characters grab range, letting you tap them and if they try to grab you out of it they get slammed hard. Of course there are some characters that have nice fast hits they can do real fast or ranged grabs so you have to learn to bait and predict afterwards. :psycho:

The one thing I was wondering was which moves can characters do to Bowser out of his A so I know what to look out for in the future. (Finally started playing people that use a lot of different characters)

Me14k

Smash Lord
Bowser's jab is indeed very useful. jab->ftilt id think is pretty unlikely and can be easily avoided. Perhaps jab->short hop fire breath would work.

Bowser's jab is very useful.

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
The fire breath works if they see the grab coming and dodge, and you short hop back a bit. The main thing to go for is hitting with the tip of it. It's fast as hell, will clash with or beat pretty much everything, and if you do hit with the tip you are with'n bowser's special grab range. Characters with range grabs can just sheild and grab you though :mad:

ZSS
T link
Link
Samus
Lucas

Not sure if King D can

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
Well after some more testing A into forward B can not be jumped away from limiting their options even more. You have about 3 frames to pull it off but it will get every character as they leave the ground

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Jab / Boozercide combo is valid?! Dear god. He's beastly now! I don't believe any of his attacks do less than 10% anymore, thusly anything you can get off fast after his jab is ultra successful. If they roll backwards and then come at you, if you time it right I bet you can feint and Fsmash if they're none too fast.

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
it's only valid in a sense that they don't roll/dodge and the A lands non shielded. But you have options to counter that. It's pretty much like playing hugo or zengeif or potemkin in smash bros now.

It works stupidly well as a clashing hit . Seriously the first A hit is just freaking stupid now. Not even going to list all the crap in the game it can clash with. ( almost everything...)

One last thing that I haven't seen bought up. Standing A has a tiny bit more range than Down tilt A so unless your going for a down tilt A kill. Don't bother with it pretty much

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
tonight I'll put up a list of everything that can be clashed or beaten with standing A

Look forward to it :psycho:

Top Bottom