• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's SS fsmash has a ton more range than his ftilt

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp3FoHg-3SE

SS = Stutter Step

Basically, a stutter step is a quick dash dance into a forward smash--the motion goes like this:

• Tap forward
  • Quickly tap backwards (must be fast enough to create a dash dance)
  • Forward smash the opposite direction

The result is an fsmash with a significant range increase. Enjoy, guys!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
It was basically a range comparison video. None of the ftilts hit, and a non-SS'd fsmash didn't hit. From the same distance, though, a SS'd fsmash hit the Jigglypuff.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
In the video the last 2 moves you did were a Ftilt that missed and then a SS'd Fsmash that hits. I've never practiced this, so mabye I dont really know what to look for but; between the Ftilt and Fsmash you tapped forward, then back, THEN C-stick forward?

Catmunnies

Smash Apprentice
Man, this move is dangerous. Unless you had sharingan or somethin, there's no way you would notice the dash dance animation in the heat of battle.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
In the video the last 2 moves you did were a Ftilt that missed and then a SS'd Fsmash that hits. I've never practiced this, so mabye I dont really know what to look for but; between the Ftilt and Fsmash you tapped forward, then back, THEN C-stick forward?
That is correct. Note that it has to be done very quickly or else you'll just dash attack.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Of course it didn't physically increase the fsmash range. That's not the point. The point is that it allows you to hit opponents from a larger distance with minimal startup.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Tis only a tiny bit of extra range as far as I could tell upon testing, I suppose it's good if you put in the effort to do it whenever you Fsmash.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It allows for even more spacing from a Bowser player... which is like good since that's all bowser is good for.

Nice find Kevin.

Top Bottom