• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's special: Giga

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
I find it very unfair that you can't harm the guy. In melee, although he was difficult, more in adventure mode than in event 51, he could be fought and defeated. Man, I wish I could clash with Giga. Oh well, bet it won't be different than a super star lol

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Who knows? Maybe they'll have Event matches in Brawl, and you'll get to battle him there.
Or, they might replace Giga with another "giga" villain.

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
You have to remember that these are all limited-time super-powered special moves. Giga Bowser has to be on par with the likes of Mario Finale and Volt Takle, attacks that look uncounterable. It wouldn't be much of a Super Smash if Bowser grabbed a Smash ball, tranformed into a gigantic monster, and then random Fox could reflector him death...

I imagine something like Storm said: If you need your Giga Bowser fix, you'll probably find it in Event Matches.

Lost Darkness

Smash Rookie
I agree that Giga will make an appearance in an Event match. But Hallowed Storm's post makes me think as to what characters have the possibility of becoming "Giga", it certainly would be interesting.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, although don't you guys think it's a little unimaginative if they made an event match with another random character being Giga?

Btw, that reminds me; Wouldn't it be cool if they included a special melee (or Brawl) where every character has infinite Final Smashes? I know it's sounds lame and chaotic, but that's also part of the fun. I don't know, a pretty random idea I guess...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I find it very unfair that you can't harm the guy. In melee, although he was difficult, more in adventure mode than in event 51, he could be fought and defeated. Man, I wish I could clash with Giga. Oh well, bet it won't be different than a super star lol
Ah, but it said "must be invincible" which means "seems invincible."

I think you can hurt him, but it won't really do anything.

Lost Darkness

Smash Rookie
Perhaps the percentage of damage implemented on Giga may not necessarily do anything to him, but when returned to normal Bowser, it could have an effect.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think he might just get knockback but not the damage.
I'm gonna have to go with at least the opposite, if not neither.

Zelda, don't be a hero! Oh Zelda, trying to take on Giga Bowser in that pic, at least Samus knows what's up.

But yea, Giga Bowser is gonna have to be invincible in some way, as tranformations are usually strictly worse than things like Triforce Smash and Finale which you can't really do anything about

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think he might just get knockback but not the damage.
I'm gonna have to go with at least the opposite, if not neither.
I agree with Kabyk. Most likely he just won't take knockback, or at least very very minimal knockback. Like Giga in Melee, how you have to hit him with a really strong attack to actually move him.

Shame this isn't the Bowser topic, the update topic OR the final smash topic.

Warning 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom