• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge; A Project Melee Tournament

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Got a pretty good tournout, considering like 8 people dropped out last minute haha.

Singles - 19 entrants
1: Sethlon - :sonic:($57.00)
2: UTDZac - :lucario:, a bit of :peach::sheik::jigglypuff: ($28.00)
3: Awestin - :nessbrawl: ($10.00)
4: Tai - :marthbrawl:/:mariobrawl:
5: Rob :robbrawl::ganonbrawl::randombrawl:
5: Denthorn :lucariobrawl::falconbrawl:
7: Problemo :falcobrawl::linkbrawl:
7: DrDrew :nessbrawl:
9: Cory :lucariobrawl:
9: Rexozord :sheikbrawl:
9: Sentenal :bowserbrawl:
9: PFHOR :marthbrawl:
13: Xeven :ikebrawl:
13: S->RY! :lucariobrawl:
13: Doom :lucasbrawl:
13: Lumpyfish :randombrawl:
17: ZachAttack64 :marthbrawl:
17: Ryan :luigibrawl:
17: Six :randombrawl:

[COLLAPSE="Singles Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Doubles - 8 teams
1: Sethlon(:sonic:) / UTDZac(:peach::sheik:)($56.00)
2: Awestin(:nessbrawl:) / Xeven(:ikebrawl:) ($24.00)
3: Problemo(:falcobrawl:) / Denthorn(:falconbrawl:)
4: Cory(:lucariobrawl::randombrawl:) / S->RY!(:lucariobrawl:)
5: DrDrew / Sentenal
5: ZachAttack64 / Lumpyfish
7: PFHOR / Rexozord
7: Rob / Tai

[COLLAPSE="Doubles Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

EDIT: Videos are up now! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL135270442E83261B&feature=plcp

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I only used peach/sheik/jiggs against sethlon cause lucario vs sonic is hopeless. I dont even play jiggs o.O

D

Deleted member

aaaaah i already posted shout outs. Ill put them in here as well :s
SHOUTOUTS:
1: Sethlon - Sonic ($57.00) : Nice tournament, you still shouldnt be in the brawl back room. Comedy guy.
2: UTDZac - Lucario ($28.00) : I still think you hate me
3: Awestin - Ness ($10.00) : Ness 2 good
4: Tai - Mario/Marth : good mario, im suprised to see one get this far!
5: Rob : and you said you werent good.
5: Denthorn : You killed me in doubles. :o
7: Problemo : If xeven didnt take me out i would've played you...
7: DrDrew : Nice ness, all the nesses are TOO GOOD
9: Cory : Don't remember who you were again
9: Rexozord : Don't remember who you were again
9: Sentenal : Don't remember who you were again
9: PFHOR : Don't remember who you were again
13: Xeven : The next time I see you damnit, IM GETTING MY 5 DOLLARS BACK
13: S->RY! : Nice lucario, I don't think I got to see your falcon though :/
13: Doom : Don't remember who you were again
13: Lumpyfish : Doubles was so lolzy. Sorry your wii's dumb and cant get hacked D:
17: ZachAttack64 : Hello myself. How are you doing myself?
17: Ryan : I heard it was your first tournament, sorry for putting you up with xeven... but sethlon wouldnt have been any better.
17: Six : Don't remember who you were again

Overall great tournament though, please make this a monthly. If so, try at least getting more TVs next time as well xD and make sure your computer doesnt die UTD. I want to record/stream next time.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Great tournament Sethlon! Can't wait for the next one!
Also, do you mind if I post the results and videos onto Smashmods?
----------------

Also Shoutouts:
1: Sethlon - (read above)

2: UTDZac - He shows the power of mindgames! They're so good!

3: Awestin - Such a good Ness bro! I want to get the chance to play you in Singles.

4: Tai - You seemed a little thrown off by this game being slightly different than Melee. Great seeing you again though.

5: Rob - Really fun set! It was down to the wire..

5: Denthorn - Thanks for showing up and teaming with me bro. We did work, and thanks for playing in the money match for me as well!

7: Problemo - woot!

7: DrDrew - Good games man. I remembered seeing you on smashboards a lot back in the day. It's cool to finally meet you in person.

9: Cory - Good games man. Like I said at the tournament, you have to pressure me more. Don't let me call the shots as Falco, cause he's really good at doing that.

9: Rexozord - Who was this again? Man, I'm forgetful. >.<

9: Sentenal - Good games in teams bro!

9: PFHOR - ???

13: Xeven - Went home empty handed LOL, but that's ok because you came to the tournament empty handed too.

13: S->RY! - I think we played in teams. I hope to see you at later events.

13: Doom - I don't remember who this is off of nametag alone.

13: Lumpyfish - Sorry that Zach couldn't hack your Wii.

17: ZachAttack64 - Glad that you're showing up to the tournaments and having fun. Don't worry, I'll make sure Xeven pays you back somehow.

17: Ryan - I forget who this is too. :(

17: Six - as well as this guy. :(

CORY

wut
BRoomer
9: Cory - Good games man. Like I said at the tournament, you have to pressure me more. Don't let me call the shots as Falco, cause he's really good at doing that.
urghurghurgh... i need so much more falco practice, it's ridic. i think i should've just gone ganon because i could've at least gotten you hard off of my hits. doesn't help that i [johns]messed up inputs off of dash attack and ended up usmashing instead of tilting 100% of the time i connected ;x[/johns]

still, solidly beaten!

and to the ness who bodied me hard (awestinn?): gg, no re. that was scarily solid play.

do you have the vids up yet, seth?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I only used peach/sheik/jiggs against sethlon cause lucario vs sonic is hopeless. I dont even play jiggs o.O
I found this funny because of what Espy talks about in brawl and :lucario: vs :sonic: being near impossible for :sonic: LOL.

:018:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
do you have the vids up yet, seth?
Vids are up now!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL135270442E83261B&feature=plcp

If so, try at least getting more TVs next time as well xD and make sure your computer doesnt die UTD. I want to record/stream next time.
Yeah, set ups where in short order because 1. several people brought wiis but no tv, 2. my old tv died a couple days before the tournament, and 3. Darkrain didn't end up coming with his two tvs =/ Will definitely be improved in the future.

Also, do you mind if I post the results and videos onto Smashmods?
Sure, go for it.

D

Deleted member

i played on your tv for tournament ALOT of times and no matches of me were uploaded for tournament, or even friendlies D:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You didn't turn the recording device on then! I told you my USB doesn't have enough room to just record in one big block =P

D

Deleted member

We had to record each individual time we came and went? I was never informed of this. I remember you saying you had to stop sometimes, but i didnt think we had to start recording and stop ourselves. Well next time I'd really like to stream. If this is a continuing thing that is, because if not then ill be trying to use the venue.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Ah sethlon thanks for uploading the vids, gonna study u and zac all day. Zachattax u make me laugh. Really nice of u to pay for xeven.
Problemo ur falco messed me up hard, i was scared wed meet in singles lol
Utdzac is such a baller
Sethlon is such a baller
Xevens a gr8 partner, knows where to counterpick, also we share megaman x memories (i wanna be zero too LOL)
Mimic mew CAPED MY RECOVERY it was sick
Cory u dress fresh and u have a girlfriend props (i was the ness btw)
Lumpyfish nice wavedash
Dr drew with them yoyo reads
Batou always makes tourney environment fun

:phone:

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Sethlon and Problem0, next time you're in Austin would love if yall could plz help me organize PM as a side event at the next major Melee tourney, though it won't be till the fall (and assuming I'm still in Austin).
Good work Problem0 reppin the Link, I need to show yall what the Toon is made of some time, as long as I don't get sent off stage, oh lord that recovery....
>_>

D

Deleted member

I had a toon ready to play, it was there if anybody went jiggs against me.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I've been wondering how that MU would go now seeing as Toon is now a hybrid of 3 different Links.
Jiggs ***** his recovery regardless so that isn't a factor, but I'm wondering if bomb -> up-B would be as viable as bomb -> dair.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sethlon and Problem0, next time you're in Austin would love if yall could plz help me organize PM as a side event at the next major Melee tourney, though it won't be till the fall (and assuming I'm still in Austin).
Sure, if I'm at the next Austin tournament, I'd be down.

Way to win your own tourney :p

Also, I thought dark rain was going?
Its not my fault I'm a beast!

...well, I guess technically it is :awesome:

Darkrain was going to come, but something came up last minute unfortunately. Dunno what.

D

Deleted member

Im gonna be getting an N64 soon enough, and next one of these we need mario party 2 side event. :salt:

Top Bottom