• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's New Moveset Gives Ridley a Spot in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

This was from the Smash Bros. Dojo Bowser page.

As some of us may know, Ridley was a beta character on Melee, and he had Bowser's moveset. If Bowser has a NEW moveset, will Ridley spit fire and swing claws at his opponent like Bowser? Maybe this will be Ridley's moveset:

<Standard Special Move: Flamethrower>
Rildey spits blue flames at the foe for as long as the special move button is held down.

<Side Special Move: Claw>
Ridley slashes a sharp claw at the foe knocking them up into the air.

<Down Special Move: Tail Spin>
Ridley spins his tail into the opponent able to move from side to side while he attacks.

<Up Special Move: Wing Spin>
Ridley spins around and spreads his wings in the air as one of the floating characters.

But I'm not sure about his final smash.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't care for ridley.. I just remembered seeing him in the intro of the melee video. Sue me..

finalark

SNORLAX
To be honest I would rather he didn't get in as a playable... I wouldn't even care if he didn't make boss....

To me he was just sort of thrown into the Metroid series to Samus would have a recurring villain to fight every now and again...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
He's actually pretty cool looking in metroid prime 3.
especially in the part where you both fall through the hole/tunnel thing to kill him.

EDIT: but yeah, definitly not a PC lol. :p

finalark

SNORLAX
He's actually pretty cool looking in metroid prime 3.
especially in the part where you both fall through the hole/tunnel thing to kill him.

EDIT: but yeah, definitly not a PC lol. :p
Yeah, I agree with that.

MINOR METROID PRIME 3 SPOILERS!

Loved that Gandalf and Boarog (to lazy to check the book right now) part in MP3.

Yoyoenix91

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyoenix91
3DS FC
4425-1925-6141
Hmm... that's interesting... I always thought Ridley's appearance in Melee's CG movie was just for show. o__o;

J18

Smash Journeyman
i would love ridley as a playable character, but i honestly don't think he's gonna be one.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I love how people who don't understand the Metroid series doubt his chances.

One of the most popular characters according to Sakurai's poll (of which the voters were mainly from Japan, where Metroid does not enjoy the same respect as in the U.S.), and a member of a terribly underrepresented series in the smash games. Aside from that, I felt like listing some points in his favor:

- Enormous potential for an original moveset, enough to make developers salivate.
- Actually has a better backstory than most people realize. People dismiss him as a brainless beast, when he is in fact extremely intelligent but I won't get into that.
- Can carve out a niche as a large and fast character with good range but awkward movement.
- He is better than Bowser Jr., who some people inexplicably want.
- SSE requires a lot of villains. This could mean Ridley as a boss only, but I think Sakurai can take hints.

Some of that is subjective, but who cares? My opinions are completely amazing.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman

One of the most popular characters according to Sakurai's poll (of which the voters were mainly from Japan, where Metroid does not enjoy the same respect as in the U.S.), and a member of a terribly underrepresented series in the smash games. Aside from that, I felt like listing some points in his favor:

- Enormous potential for an original moveset, enough to make developers salivate.
- Actually has a better backstory than most people realize. People dismiss him as a brainless beast, when he is in fact extremely intelligent but I won't get into that.
- Can carve out a niche as a large and fast character with good range but awkward movement.
- SSE requires a lot of villains. This could mean Ridley as a boss only, but I think Sakurai can take hints.

QFT.
I approve.
You win the internets.

I'm a HC ridley fan, and i would love to see him as a PC. No really, he's like a shoe-in with the votes and popularity he has.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
First off, I would like to clarify that Ridley shoots out FIRE BALLs and not a stream of flames like Bowser and Charizard.

Second, PopeofChiliTown wins.

Black/Light

Smash Master
First off, I would like to clarify that Ridley shoots out FIRE BALLs and not a stream of flames like Bowser and Charizard.

Second, PopeofChiliTown wins.
If I remember correctly Bowser only does flamethrower style fire in Smash before melee. . .in all main Mario games before melee he used fire balls.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yep, he always fireballs you during castle stages that had him.
And lol at people believing he was a beta character because of the intro movie.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord

You sir win. however this thread does not as the OP was horribly misinformed and it's turned into a Ridley discussion now.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
It IS a nice point, considering Bowser doesn't have the Koopa Klaw anymore, and now has a forward slam. (Check the Famitsu pics)

Ridley might have "inherited" the claw and bite move.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I don't think it was confirmed Ridley had the Whirly Fortress or Bowser Bomb lol! Why is this on the Bowser page?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
agreed. this doesnt belong here because bowsers moves in no way confirm ridley, ridley has as much chance, if not less than kraid, since kraid actually had a character model and ridley was in a differently animated intro for two seconds, and there is no proof that ridley was in melees beta. im a ridley fan but its posters like this that post in the wrong place with ridiculous unfounded claims that make the brawl character discussion forums such a rotting pile of spam. shape up, swf needs better than this.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley had a Melee design... why wasn't he in the debug menu?
Don't tell me the opening sequence is your only evidence.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I would rather he didn't get in as a playable... I wouldn't even care if he didn't make boss....

To me he was just sort of thrown into the Metroid series to Samus would have a recurring villain to fight every now and again...
Your opinion doesn't matter. You support Sora and dislike Olimar.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Ridley is my most desired playable character candidate. The potential to make him a great, engaging, phenomenally fun and original character is absolutely undeniable...However.

I remain ...uh, reserved, in exactly how likely I think it is that he will be playable. Unfortunately. =(

I will be sad when I unlock the final character and, hypothetically, I have not yet seen his face on one of the selection boxes.

What's all this tripe about him being a Beta character, though? Never heard that: Is that just a rumor because of the video?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It IS a nice point, considering Bowser doesn't have the Koopa Klaw anymore, and now has a forward slam. (Check the Famitsu pics)

Ridley might have "inherited" the claw and bite move.
Yeah, I agree with that. I found that on Smash Bros Dojo. I think the rest of Ridley's moves will be based on Metroid Prime 3

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ridley topics are supposed to warrant a ban, they aren't allowed on swf, but i'll let it slide, i'm assuming you didn't know.

also this is not a thread about bowser.

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom