• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Makeover : Smash 4 and Brawl Moveset Side-By-Side

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Hey Bowser mains. I've started a video series that illustrate the changes that character movesets have undergone from Brawl to Smash 4. The newest video I've completed in this series is none other than Bowser:

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-...-from-brawl-moveset-comparison-series.373806/

In the stickied thread in General Smash 4 discussion, other character videos are listed. Eventually I will complete the entire Veteran roster! These take a huge amount of work and time to create, but I'm driven to complete it for you guys. I've been told by moderators that it's a good idea to also share these videos in the character-specific forums.

Hope you enjoy

Last edited:

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Nice video. You would get the impression Bowser's speed boost was doubled across all his attacks. Strangely enough it seems almost identical in some moves or barely noticeable. Particularly surprised with his down-b and smash attack. Good job Conda.

Last edited:

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Huh, for some reason I thought Bowser was a lot faster in this game.

Conda

Huh, for some reason I thought Bowser was a lot faster in this game.
His run speed is in a whole new tier, which is great. That's where a lot of his new speed is coming from, along with better grab end lag and such.

B!squick

Smash Master
Kinda hard to tell much since none of the moves were synced, lol. Ah well. Still nice to see the full motion of everything compared side by side and we'll have hard frame data to go off of eventually anyway.

Anyone else notice (though not shown in this video, this is just a thought I had) that they actually mirrored the animation for the taunts depend on which side you're facing? Near as I can recall, Bowser DTaunted on the same leg regardless of direction in Brawl. Here though he actually switches legs. Same with the movements on the other Taunts.

Conda

Kinda hard to tell much since none of the moves were synced, lol. Ah well. Still nice to see the full motion of everything compared side by side and we'll have hard frame data to go off of eventually anyway.

Anyone else notice (though not shown in this video, this is just a thought I had) that they actually mirrored the animation for the taunts depend on which side you're facing? Near as I can recall, Bowser DTaunted on the same leg regardless of direction in Brawl. Here though he actually switches legs. Same with the movements on the other Taunts.
Yeah that taunt thing is really neat, great change imo.

Top Bottom