• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Castle

MagnuM

Smash Ace
I can't believe the developers completely neglected Bowser's Castle as a level in Melee! It simply defies comprehension! Bowser's Castle has been a level in pretty much every Mario platformer and sports game there is! Instead they throw in like 3 Yoshi stages, 3 Kirby stages, 3 Donkey Kong Stages, etc. Everyone would have wanted a Bowser's Castle, and it would have seemed perfectly logical. For Brawl, they should give Bowser like 3 stages to compensate :mad:

Rawr

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't Think They should make three of them, But. A bowser's castle Would Be an awsome level, and I totally agree on the statement that some characters were "neglected"
in playable levels.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
I think that a Bowser level is an excellent idea. Could go all Brinstar with the lava, or could even have Thwomps as a hazard.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
bowser needs his own stage. not only do they screw up bowser in melee, they dont even make him a stage! talk about bowser hate.

Ami

Smash Ace
In my opinion, I didn't think they screwed up Bowser that much in Melee ...

I would love to see Bowser's castle!! You're right about the fact that it is a playable level in a lot of the Nintendo platforms. I especially remember the one you can race on for Mario Kart.

I like the Thwomp hazard idea! It would be so fun, and Bowser does deserve it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I was going to post a thread like this but I was sure someone else already did so I'm glad I was right. I just said I was going to post a thread so obviously I support this idea. I'm thinking they could add a side scroller bowser level reminscent of super mario bros. in adventure mode. For the regular level they could put any number of hazards. Thwomps, Chain Chomps, Lava Bubbles or podoboos (I forget what the called them) those electric circles, you get the idea...

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I'm thinking some thomps under the stage like in Ganon's target test. And some jumping fire balls that burns you. And can separate in two platforms like Brinstar. They separate and crash every 30 secs. And when they collide, every body touching the floor will be stunned/freezed for like 5 secs.

I posted this idea on the revolutions thread which doesn't exist anymore.

.........later

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What about Bowser's airship? When you fight on Metaknight's stage in front of the flying blade ship, Bowser's airship should come out of the clouds and send it into flames with bullet bills.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh yeah! I forgot all about the airships! Those levels where always cool but evey time you die the d*** thing moves. Either stage or both would be awesome additions Brawl.

REØ

Smash Lord
This would be an awsome idea, I'd love to see bowser's castle as a new stage in brawl, after all bowser does diserve at least a stage.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
everyone in melee got their own stage except for marth, roy and bowser.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Thwomps. Podoboos. Lava. Rotating fire pillars. A section of ground that vanishes when someone grabs the axe. It needs to be done.

NukeA6

Smash Master
bowser needs his own stage. not only do they screw up bowser in melee, they dont even make him a stage! talk about bowser hate.
QFT

I was so hyped of Bowser being in Melee but he ended being my worst character. And we end up getting six Mario stages (one of them being a degraded version of Mushroom Kingdom) but none for Bowser.

everyone in melee got their own stage except for marth, roy and bowser.
Marth was gonna have a stage but it became Hyrule Temple. It's sad they didn't even plan a stage for Bowser.

Drake_Miriel

Smash Cadet
They'd better put it in. There's endless hazards they could throw in, and they're long overdue for a nice, challenging level. The Metroid levels are the only ones that pose a real threat.

Pils

Smash Apprentice
I always thought the boat thingy on Rainbow cruise was Bowser's, and that that was his official level O.o
Guess not... But yes, Bowser's castle FTW.

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
I agree. Bowser's Castle was one of my favorite courses in Mario Kart. I likethe SMB2 stage, even if it was small. Rainbow cruise is the best however.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
BOWSER DESERVES JUSTICE! YES, there should be lava, thwomps, fireballs, rotating fire sticks(or whateveer they are called) and I like the idea with the disapearing section when someone grabs the axe=D. But I think think all of these hazards would be too much for one level. Lots would die from the hazards alone. So in my opinion, I think there should be a minimum of two bowser levels. I mean from one mario game to the next, there were some big changes in the castles.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Have seen Bowser's Castle in Mugen? That's how his stage should be (except a bit modified with the hazards being a danger).

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I like the idea and I bet they'll have it, but too many hazards mught not be a good idea. If anything, they could have lava pits with the fireballs that come up like in his classic stages.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Argh! No more castles! Gimme something new! If I had to pikc another Mario level, I'd pick the subterrainian level.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
It would be nice to see Bowsers castle make an appearence in the game, and I think it has and is in need of some repect. We have seen it make an appearence in the MarioKart games often thus far, and seems quite popular.

-SMB

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
A Bowser's Castle stage would be cool. So would an airship stage. I couldn't decide between the two even if I wanted to.:)

Bowser's Castle could have a destructable bridge in the middle and maybe a thwomp over there somewhere...Or a podoboo bouncing around the level every once in a while.

The Airship would most definitely have Bullet Bills shot across the level at some time or maybe the Monty Mole type guys would pop up and throw wrenches. Not to mention the flamethrowers...

Oooh, that sounds really fun!:demon:

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Every character and/or game series deserves to have their own style level. Hence, Bowser's castle would be a great idea for one. There are plently of obstacles they could choose to put in it: lava pits, thwomps, those rotating fire stick thing...etc.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
dont forget the spinny spike ball 'n' chains. maybe even add in some enemies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
They'd better put it in. There's endless hazards they could throw in, and they're long overdue for a nice, challenging level. The Metroid levels are the only ones that pose a real threat.
While the Metroid Stages ARE challenging, they suck for competitive matches, don't you think?

REØ

Smash Lord
This level sounds like it's going to turn into a clone of hyrule temple, but with hazards and probably bigger.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Yea..they need a stage for Bowser, I'm thinking the one for..Mario Kart Double Dash maybe? They also need to fix Bowser..as well.
I wan't the same stage. The one from Double Dash would be a great stage, as it was one of the most challenging tracks.
While the Metroid Stages ARE challenging, they suck for competitive matches, don't you think?
OrlanduEX said:
"My avatar is getting pissed at what you just said.":laugh:

It depends on what you find 'fun' in Melee. I personally like both Metriod stages because,
  • of nostalgia
  • and both stages featured Mother Brain

NukeA6

Smash Master
This level sounds like it's going to turn into a clone of hyrule temple, but with hazards and probably bigger.
No No. Every Bowser castle stage in the Mario series takes place <b>inside</b>. The only castle stages we've seen for the SSB series are the ones that take place outside (though it looks like part of the Fire Emblem stage takes place inside the castle).

Skywalker

Space Jump
No, it wasn't. [/sarcasm]
Well, I apologise. That was a bit of a stupid question. You, my good sir, should be commended for wasting a sarcastic post on a person who hasn't played a Kirby in years, hmm? [/sarcasm]

I may have missed something; I haven't played Kirby Superstar, but don't treat me like a *******, because you're a ***********************!

I couldn't resist that flame; sorry.

Peeze

Smash Master
Really i just asked some1 about those flags too and some1 told me that it was an updated hyrule.(?) But ur probly right Hyrules flags wouild probly have the triforce on it

Top Bottom