• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Castle: A Stage for Bowser

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
OK, so I've made a simple stage for Bowser:

http://smashboards.com/stagebrowser.php?do=view&stageid=561

I've attempted to design it as much to Bowser's advantage as possible, while using some elements from the castles in the Mario games for flavor. It's pro-Bowser features are:

1. Low ceiling, allowing Bowser to KO easily with upward attacks.
2. Fairly small, making it easy for Bowser to chase opponents and give them hell.
3. It is possible to Boswer-cide from any position on the level.
4. A staircase, which seems to allow Bowser to trap foes for a few hits.
5. A pair of ladders extending through a hole in the center, to below the stage. A skilled Bowser player, if too low to reach the ledge, can make a recovery to the ladders. A n00b Bowser will have difficulty accomplishing it, as it takes some decent timing.
6. Bowser can easily navigate everywhere in the level; for the most part, only single jumps are needed.
7. A huge Thwomp (2x2 falling block) above the hole in the center makes for some great gimp KOs if another player is over the pit or on the ladders.

As a bonus, the Thwomp is directly under the spawn point, which makes 4-player matches extra-chaotic. :D

Enjoy.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I like your idea of using the falling blocks as thwomps.

I started a thread a week ago about trying to create a really good Bowser stage as a community by having people share their ideas and created Bowser stages. It'd be cool if you'd post in it: Bowser related custom stages.

Cobros

Smash Rookie
Awesome, love the thwomp killing pepole who think its safe in the hole XD

Top Bottom