• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's 2.5 Crawl Armor (New Characters)

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
***EDIT: This thread is obsolete due to the new properties of Bowser's Crawl Armor.***

After seeing the usefulness of this thread (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4292.html) done by the always lovely DrinkingFood, I decided to test the 2.5 newcomer's moveset against the Turtle Tank's formidable Crawl Armor. Happy crawling!

:ivysaur: Ivysaur:
Jab
FTilt
DTilt
All hits of NAir
DAir
Both hits of BAir
Side-B
Get-Up Attack

:diddy: Diddy Kong:
All hits of Jab
DTilt
USmash except for final hit
Neutral B
Bananas (Even when they're on the ground!)
Get-Up Attack

:squirtle: Squirtle:
Jab
First hit of DTilt
DAir
Neutral B
Down B
Up-B except for final hit

:zerosuitsamus: ZSS:
Jab
DTilt
USmash
First hit of FAir
Neutral B (regardless of charge)
Up B
Get-Up Attack

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so this is only newcomers from the previous update? i would love to see some of this for all characters in this thread. but also is crawl armor different from crouch armor?

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
On top of crouch-cancelling, Bowser ignores knockback of moves doing 7% or less damage while crouching or crawling. He also has this property on several other moves, i.e. Up B, charging USmash, and others. I'll probably go through all the moves that have been changed since 2.1 at some point, I just noticed this specific information was missing entirely, and wanted to fill in the blanks, as it were.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Hm, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if I tested the different get-up attacks. I'll do that soon and update the thread accordingly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what move would be the best to punish getup attack? does dsmash start up in time after the armor? hehe

generally i would just upB but if there's something faster i'll use that

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
what move would be the best to punish getup attack? does dsmash start up in time after the armor? hehe

generally i would just upB but if there's something faster i'll use that
Suppose it depends on the character. Up B is always your best friend, but DTilt is also a solid option. DSmash would be awesome on a read, but not sure how reliable it is on reaction..

However, it just dawned on me that this thread is obsolete, now that Boozer's crawl armor is knockback based. I could do a compilation of all the attacks at varying percents, (e.g. 0, 50, 100, etc.) but that's a LOT of work and would need help with it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah i noticed that about knockback based when i played 2.6

what a bummer LOL now it's no longer as broken as it was before. looks like i might fully transition to ivysaur LOL

jk jk i'll still play this char. as long as the crawl lets me plow through falco's laser i'm happy

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
I'd venture to say it's better now. It lets Bowser tank through more things at lower percents, but tapers off at higher percents. I've heard we can plow through multiple knees at low percents...

Anyway, gonna start the long ordeal of testing the new armor. PREDICTION: I think MK is ****ed lol

Top Bottom