• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vs Rosaluma tips?

Rickhaos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rickhaos
3DS FC
0576-4749-8803
Ive been trying some bowser in 1-on-1, and i got matched with this Rosaluma, about 80% of the time I was getting zoned, when i was able to reach her she would easly evade my atacks and continue the zoning, pretty much the only time i was able to tuch her was with my :GCU::GCB: .
Its probably me sucking, but i wanna know the best strategy in how to deal with Rosalumas as Bowser.

Last edited:

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Best bet is to start with a quick leap/fire. The timing however should be that either she is not charging Luma for the forward smash (as she will wait for your fire to wear off) or has already done so. It is ideal when you start with your leap/fire you make sure you're almost right in front of her. Once you're in between Rosalina and Luma (If you've attacked after she has launched) , try to either up-b her, or if she is shielding, side-b for the body slam. Make sure the slam is still far from Luma. Once this is done, IMMEDIATELY begin to attack Luma.

A lot of characters either focus too heavily on Luma or ignore him completely. Don't do this. The important part here is identifying if Luma is about to be shot out or if it is by her side. Even if Rosalina shields when you up-b, if Luma is near her, the little star dies regardless once it reaches a certain threshold. Hence up-b or even a quick jab.

Also remember to maintain use of fire breath and quick hops towards her if Luma is near her and/or away. Fire is key here, especially since it actually stops the Luma smash dead. If she keeps shielding as you approach between her and Luma, and doing that annoying knock up, best bet is to either ftilt or jab if side-b is not working. Finally if Rosa is on low % but you get her into the air, bolt around and hit Luma a little bit.

Most important part is to remember you're fighting two opponents, not one. And in a 2v1, you don't ignore one opponent entirely for another. It is a hard match up but far from impossible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Get that Luma killed quickly when it appears. Smack it hard enough to go offstage and then pressure Rosalina enough to make sure she cant recover the Luma safely enough, leaving her by herself. Without Luma, she's only decent and you can take her on no problem. It's the added Luma that makes the fight difficult.

Just don't focus on the Luma only for the entire time it's out. Smack it away and fight rosalina a bit, then smack it again when it comes back. Just keep it as far away from you as possible since it gets in your way of dealing damage and, of course, can stop you from safely using grabs and slams.

It's not an easy thing to do by any means, but it's the only option we've got. I for one am preferring my secondaries to handling Rosalina over Bowser, though. But if I have to use Bowser, that's what I do.

Loki

Smash Apprentice
I am no bowser main but I have really taken a liking to him in this smash. I really enjoy playing with his new move-set and stuff, therefore now and then I go into "For Glory" with him. Today I fought a very good Rosalina and was having lots of trouble with my mains, however as I switched over to Bowser, I quickly two-stocked her on the first match. After that the matches were rather even. So I wouldn´t say Rosalina is bad news to Bowser.

I would suggest rushing and grabbing, rushing and grabbin all day long. If they have Luma out, might as well pivot-grab instead as they can break free out of grabs because of the pesky star. Also, gimping... I had the easiest time killing Rosalina when I went for the gimp, otherwise she WILL return and once she grabs the edge it is bad news as she will once again be grounded.

On another note... dem dash-attack. Her dash is pretty annoying, having two hitboxes (more with Luma) so you need to time your shield-grab, otherwise you will get hit by one of the later hit-boxes, however, once you get the hang of it it becomes pretty easy and rewarding to punish her dashes.

Mmm, what else?... Grounded up-B is good for racking up damage and maybe killing, rely on F-tilt and jabs to rack up damage and knockbacks... also fair is pretty good once you have her in the air. Good thing is that Bowser is pretty stubborn and will not die anywhere quickly, so you can wear them out with a little patience and momentum. Rack up the damage with grabs, fire, jabs and ftilts and then deliver the KO with fair or up-B. This would be my suggestions.

shoff

Smash Cadet
I try to stay between her and the star, you wont always be in this position but its ideal in my opinion. Here luma cant really do much to you and you can do a lot more against Rosalina.
Lop hop fire breath anytime you see her charge luma up to launch at you, but make sure you land as close to Rosalina as possible, preferably right in her face, then react to what she does after the fire stops or doesnt reach her anymore. Luma cant hurt you in this situation since most of the time it will be behind you, or being hit by the flames.
Dont grab with luma alive
Dont ignore the star, but dont aggressively attack it, it comes back in like 2 seconds lol Not even worth it. I treat the star as a dangerous distraction and nothing more.
Try and get her above you

That's all I have for now.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Watch out for her aerials, and remember that the dash attack is two hits, you can space forward airs when she's airborne, This works best from diagonal angles below her in my experience. Keep in mind that all it takes to kill Luma is simply hitting it offstage with anything, it will never try to recover, and while it's tumbling through the air, Rosalina cannot give it any commands at all so if you happen to pop it once and send it flying, consider that an opening, just be sure to back off once it's out of hitstun or respawns.

Fire is a good tool here, it'll stop the luma shot from reaching you while dealing damage to Luma and Rosalina at the same time. Fortress or down smash can be useful if you're in between them and want to hit them both at the same time, also remember to abuse the shellguard on upsmash when she's in the air.

Don't underestimate Rosalina when she's alone, she still has great normals and a strong recovery. I don't believe that her third jump has a hitbox on it and she can't attack out of it either, so if she misses the ledge you can try to punish with a dunk or attempt to punish her landing. Take advantage of the opportunity, but be sure to still respect her options.

B!squick

Smash Master
I hate this match-up so much. Belch lots of fire and hope for the best, bro. Also, you can consult the match-up topic I made as information develops.

Last edited:

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
Get rid of Luma first. Always seems to help me in the long run. But don't just straight prioritize her. Fight like you would normally but keep a good eye on Luma's position and when the time is right knock her off the stage oooooor just burn her to death. Being under Bowser's flame long enough will make the little star go "POOF". Then there goes Rosalina's ability to zone and harass you for like 10 seconds or so. I need to track Luma's respawn time.

Last edited:

Ness Lee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Helpimkidnapped1
It's a shame that Bowser has a bad MU with Rosa because I'm a Ness main and Bowser is my secondary which doesn't really help there. Would you say Bowser at least has a better MU against Rosaluma than Ness?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
It's a shame that Bowser has a bad MU with Rosa because I'm a Ness main and Bowser is my secondary which doesn't really help there. Would you say Bowser at least has a better MU against Rosaluma than Ness?
Well, she doesn't steal our Up B when we try to recover so yes absolutely.

Top Bottom