• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vs Mewtwo Should this be hard???

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I dont claim to be good with Mewtwo, but I have a decent Mewtwo!
But for some reason my friends Bowser is kinda Hard to beat.....I mean, seeing how Bowser can kill Mewtwo so frkin easy at like 90-100% and Mewtwo can kill Bowser MAYBE at 130....:mad:

I try and spam shadow balls, and grab alot.....

Any tips?

Redragon

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I actually have no idea.
I know Taj vs Gimpyfish on youtube exists tho ^_^

Lots of Nair. That's fun.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
As far as bowser goes, I try to abuse mewtwos speed in this matchup, meaning his wd and arials.

Its not too hard to shadow claw a bowser either, esp after a dtilt or something of the sort.
He's fairly easy to edgeguard also, regardless your edgaurding technique really.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well recently i fought a bowser with M2. Its kinda average. Uptilts are ur friend. No lie i got about 8 uptilts and he couldnt do anything about it. Uptilt infinite FTW.

Oh yea. I added. Shadowball ball charge damage to a grab. Excellent to use.

quak

Smash Champion
wd, d-til, chain fairs on that giant ****er and keep pressure on him

aerial game- his fair is huge, and has alotta priority, either intercept him early with a nair or fair, or sit and wait for a sg

and keep wding

always wd

then throw baby sbs

then wd some more

EDIT: and don't put ur name at the end of your posts it makes you sound kinda arrogant, no matter how 'un-arrogant' ur posts are

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
hahaha bowser vs mewtwo.

this is one of mewtwo's better match ups. and according to gimpyfish, in person, he would say mewtwo has the advantage.

like everyone said, wavedash lots. abuse grabs. his roll is very slow and easy to techchase.

your main obsticle is managing your spacings. dont get grabbed by his aerial forwardB and watch out for UpB's.

as far as bowser's weight factors and size goes, he is fairly ideal for mewtwo to combo on.

bowser's appraoch is 100% air.
with that in mind, taunt and retreat lots, wavedash lots. you should aim to punish his landings.
punishing landings is all about timing. dont approach too soon or you will get hit by fairs; too late and you could get hit by upB.

master timing and spacing, then bowser should be a pretty do-able match up.

quak

Smash Champion
oh and don't forget down tilt to disable, it works the best on bowser cause he's huge

(sorry airo, i can't f around with any one over here, they might know karate)

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Your only real problem is UpB... which beats just about everything... except for a grab, hence, grab a lot. Oh yeah and Bowser isn't THAT easy to edge guard... Your best bet is probably to try and intercept with a Nair. If the bowser's good, he'll easily dodge your Bair easily and sweet spot really low. Also careful when bowser grabs the ledge. He has tons of options to mess you up, so be patient or play smart.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
(gimpy knows that i dont bother edgeguarding him...)

bowser does have lots of options on the ledge, and lots of options getting to the ledge. look out for bowser's get up attack from the ledge cause it reaches REALLLLY far.

most of your kills should come from up-throw. its the most efficient way to kill him at a minimal percentage.

Top Bottom