• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser videos!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
My Bowser...

http://www.dailymotion.com/_SN3S/video/x5pw44_brawl-inferno-bowser-vs-master-c-to_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/_SN3S/video/x5qdkt_brawl-infernoblaze-bowser-v-master_videogames

... how be he doing?

I would've gotten some footage of me playing much better or on a day when masterC was playing well but since this IS how most matches go it's the best representation

(these were recorded from online matches that had just the teensiest bit of lag, just enough to be annoying- I'll try and get offline footage next time)

Anyone else wants to post their vids then they could do it here to save spamming the forum. Anyways, advice?

Flayl

Smash Hero
You like your brawl music particularly loud or did it just turn out like that?

Nice footstool in the first vid :)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
You like your brawl music particularly loud or did it just turn out like that?

Nice footstool in the first vid :)
I do actually play with the music level higher than sound effects but I didn't record and upload these, I send 'em to SN3S to do it for me with his gamebridge. Cheers SN3S!

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
why would this be locked? not that the mods haven't made strange decisions before.
well all your doing is showing off your Bowser. Which isn't important to anyone and isn't even something that is giving info on anything.

Its like saying

Hey look at my Bowser?! Better then yours no?

Flayl

Smash Hero
... He's asking what you think of his Bowser play, aka criticize and give advice.

These boards have been pretty stupid lately.

And then you all wonder why the Kevn&Sliq circlejerk continues.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
Originally Posted by DiasFlac
well all your doing is showing off your Bowser.
No he's not. He's looking for a critique of his playing. User-posted videos are one of the best sources of character discussion because they provide much more concrete examples than theoretical questions (no duh). It's also a (surprise) easy way to learn what you need to do to improve. The Bowser board is already pretty lame, let's not ruin one of the best sources of intelligent discussion.

After berating someone for not promoting intelligent discussion, I figure I should have something worth saying. Keep in mind two things when I offer my advice though, Inferno_Blaze: 1) my Bowser is not nearly as good as yours, but (more importantly) 2) it is hard to critique what you did wrong in videos that show you winning. In examples where you kicked their ***, what you did worked, and very well. That makes it very hard to say you should've done anything much differently. It's much easier to identify your weaknesses in videos where you lost, especially if you got *****. That is my best piece of advice - post primarily videos where you took a beating.

If I were to make any recommendations on how you could improve your playstyle, it might be to be more careful when playing Bowser. You played very aggressively in those two videos, and Bowser's strength is probably his defensive game. That being said, it is good to stay in TL's face since he can camp you to hell and back when he puts some distance between the two of you. Bowser's moves are pretty punishable though, and you got punished sometimes for anticipating his moves incorrectly. Usually you anticipated correctly - you clearly outplayed your opponent. Like I said before, a match with the tables turned would demonstrate much more clearly if that was a real issue or not.

Pretty sick Bowser, though.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
well all your doing is showing off your Bowser. Which isn't important to anyone and isn't even something that is giving info on anything.

Its like saying

Hey look at my Bowser?! Better then yours no?
Holy **** no one likes you. Seriously. Maybe if your Bowser skills were godlike people would be able too put up with your douchebaggery like Gimpyfish. But you ****ing suck.

Anyways, nice vids. I learned a trick n_n

Keep at Bowser, don't let me man keep you down

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
You guys really need to get off of Gimpyfish's balls. He's just like the rest of us a Bowser player. He's not "Godlike" or "pro"

I've played players I've beaten who said they had the chance to play Gimpy and beat him. I believe them because Gimpy sometimes comes on allisbrawl and except matches from players.

To me he's just another scrub. He'll often ask to play certain characters so if you say play "Ness" he won't want to brawl you and he complains about certain tactics just like any scrub would.

He's nothing special and I'm in no way trying to be like him. I'm trying to be Me ;) Dias which is what I'm doing a great job of doing.

Their are a lot of players who play better then Gimpy and I don't mean just by playstyle. I mean by attitude. They don't complain about certain character matchups and they take on any challenge not just the ones they believe are the easiest to them.

and I still believe this subject is just a "Hey look at my Bowser better then yours, no?"

Maybe we all should make a "Bowser video" topic then, no?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
He's nothing special and I'm in no way trying to be like him. I'm trying to be Me ;) Dias which is what I'm doing a great job of doing.
No, you're doing a great job of being a arse about this. People like gimpy because he's a nice guy and he's funny. I couldn't care less how good he is at the game. You're coming in here insulting respected members and attempting to hijack threads to further your own ego and no one likes it. I created this thread and structured my post to show that I wanted advice from people on what I was doing wrong, if you honestly think I'm better than you then thanks I guess but that's not what I'm looking for. IF you want to do anything to stop this board from turning into the hell it's heading towards then please at least make relevant posts

Oh and I did say in my OP that this thread might as well be used as a videos thread if anyone had any, to save spamming the boards but I doubt you got past the first line.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy isn't funny or nice. He's a jerk just like you guys think I am. I've seen him post on a live match making forum and he's far from nice. He's what I call an elitist and to top it off he's a scrub.

but since ppl like you and many others think he's "The best Bowser" "Godlike" or w/e ppl will continue to think he's just that when he actually isn't

He's just like any other scrub who complains about players tactics. The only difference I see is that he has ppl to wipe his butt after him.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
You guys really need to get off of Gimpyfish's balls. He's just like the rest of us a Bowser player. He's not "Godlike" or "pro"
Whoa there, I think I missed something. Was Gimpy even referenced in this thread?

Anyways, Dias, if you still think the only purpose of this thread is to show off, that's cool. However, continually posting this opinion isn't going to make the thread any more productive. Instead of letting this devolve into a discussion of Gimpyfish's merits as a person and a player, let's stay on topic and critique the videos. Since the matches were so uneven, there shouldn't be much to say and the thread should exhaust itself pretty quickly if it stays focused. I think you're smart enough to realize that you aren't going to change any minds about Gimpyfish, so don't bother devoting this entire thread to him.

Maybe we all should make a "Bowser video" topic then, no?
I think that would be useful. It would help to identify common problems and challenges facing Bowser mains and make it easy for people learn from each other's play styles. Handled properly, it could promote some intelligent discussion, which has unfortunately been something of a rarity on this board.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I only watched the first video...

I play Toon Link, and all I can is that Toon Link wasn't very good. His spacing was pretty bad, and some of the things he did were just.. not good. If you wanna play onlline, I'll bowser ditto you

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
you might want to get some matches recorded from real life. online won't help you learn but so much because of lag. and people need to stop turning a perfectly harmless thread into posts that badmouth eachother and professional players in the community. Seriously, get a life.

Top Bottom