• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Stage

e319

Smash Apprentice
Bowser needs a stage! :mad:
Maybe an old school one like this:
The bridge in the original Super Mario Bros, with fire balls and an ax to plunge people into lava

or...
The floating one in paper Mario, with the Koopa Clown Kart that you can jump into and blast people with bullet bills!

or...
the one in Super Mario bros 3 with breakable blocks below

or...
The one in Mario Galaxy with gravity switches and black holes you knock people into
(And also, Bowser music is awesome to boot):chuckle:

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Good idea :)

I loved the design of the Bowsers Castle stage in Mario Kart 64. A dark-grey castle with a bridge, lava underneath it, THWOMPS...

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
If Bowser had his own stage I always pictured it would be like his track in MarioKart 64. But an airship level could be really cool too. Now I'm hoping for both. :)

Boy Wonder

Smash Rookie
Two words: Doom Ship

Preferably both though, a doomship and a Mario Kart-esque Bowser's castle

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
Aw man a Bowsers Castle stage would be amazing especially if they played the final battle music between him and mario in Mario 64 man that would be sweet!

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I've always pictured a Bowser's Castle stage to be kind of older style. I made a terrible paint rendering to show.

A rickety wooden bridge over lava, two platforms below Thwomps, those two platforms can be used to access another long platform that's level with two Bowser statues that shoot fire. Pretty basic, Old School Bowser's Castle. I also contemplated a spinning fire stick or two, but I didn't know where it/they could go.

Edit: I suppose I could extend the stage to have another ground level platform on both the left and right and between them have either just a hole (like the Retro-Style Mushroom Kingdom stages) or lava that shoots fire straight up at times. Or just make it a normal non-walkoff stage with falling to your doom capabilities.

e319

Smash Apprentice
Cool ideas! Thanks for posting! I just thought up somethin' else!
This isn't actually Bowser's castle but bear with me...
Peach's Castle under attack! You play on the roof like in Melee but all sorts of Bowser minions are attacking, and they can actually damage the castle! Also, after a little while, doomships come and lift the castle into space like in Mario Galaxy!

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be like his tennis court from Mario Power tennis. This time at first it'll be connected to the ceiling by chains. Eventually the chains pop and it lands in the lava. Every now and again, one side will tip over into the lava making the players run to the other side.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
MS Paint drawing = Actual reasonable layout for an acceptable Bowser stage. Kudos. :D Please tell me that bridge can fall out too. D:

I'm also inclined to agree that we need to see a Doomship or perhaps even ships... or even a transition between Doomships, tanks and submarines like in Super Mario 3, complete with the Doomship theme as it appeared remixed in Super Mario Galaxy's opening. :D

But as far as a REASONABLE Doomship stage, gimme a big ol' Doomship with flaming torches, cannonballs, bullet bills and some of them mole guys with the wrenches. Maybe even cameos of the original Koopa Kids peeking their heads out of the windows. How you like them apples!? :D

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I bet they would have loved to add one in Melee, but weren't able to do it because of time constraints. I was fairly satisfied in Melee though, because at least for the Mario levels there were enough levels to compensate each individual character, those being Mario, Peach and Bowser, but nothing really with an individual theme towards any of them in particular... Maybe Peach's castle a little. Or a lot.

Top Bottom