• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser should speak

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Well he did actually talk in Sunshine...

Does anyone know if he does in Galaxy?

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
id rather have him speak and as inferno blaze said, only say things the script writers from paper come up with. i mean heck, anythings better than him randomly blabbering like in Mario galaxy.

they even gave him subtitles LOL

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
He should talk(We need the writers from papermario though), just because he's a dragon doesnt mean he's stupid. Organized crime takes work !

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser started to use laughs and various growls in Mario Kart Double Dash!!. Bowser would have those voice effects, while Giga Bowser gets the roars that Bowser made in Melee.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I like him better when he didnt talk(I just dont think it matches him) except for the paper mario scene. in melee he doesnt need to talk, hes cool like that. besides, what would he say? his roars, grunts, yelps, ect. say it all. but an evil laugh wouldnt hurt.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I find it much better just to subtitle his speech and imagine what he would sound like.
Yes that is what I mean (by bowser should not have a VA).
This thread doesn't really need to be locked tbh, we're discussing the game and ideas for it, it'll just die in time, not EVERY thread needs to get locked.

bigman40

Smash Master
no, bowser should not speak

*insert painful horifying memories of mario sunshine here*

*shudder*

no galaxy spoilers pl0x
lol same here if bowsers should speak then...... I might not keep my bowser main. It would be a pain just to hear words coming from his mouth and I can just see it........(need a 2 minute break from bad VA)....it won't benefit "shudder". besides I think everyone likes the fearsome rawrs from him anyway. l use it to make my opponents kill themselves lol.

Edit: sunshine was such a bad game compared to the others (cmon! shoot water to kill enemies?!)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Bowser should not have a VA. If he does talk get the guys who make Paper Mario to do the script, they're hilarious.

That's a definite. I love his personality there.

They don't need to give him a VA, they could just make text with weird sounds like they do in a lot of games. Bowser should have dialogue if all the other characters do.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I like what they did in Galaxy and Mario 64. Bowser should just give out his grawr (It would be hilarious if it was in his taunt during wifi matches if you guys know what I mean;))

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
bowser's voice in mario sunshine was a real downer for me. I hated it, it took away from his alighty power...

if he does have any voice acting, it should only be laughs and roars, nothing more. besides, why would he need to talk? its a fighting game.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Bowser's voice in SMS was the reason I returned it, it was that disapointing.
Give him better dialogue, and it would work perfectly.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Ugh, I don't want Bowser to talk. If Mario, Link and Ganondorf talk in grunts/laughs/giggles/ect. so can Bowser.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
bowser doesn't need to talk, when he's rawring at you, you know what he means (i mean, one rawr is SM64 is like 4 paragraphs)

paper bowser, can and should talk, it's hilarious (this is not a paper bowser for brawl post)

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
IN galaxy he doesnt talk but there are subtitles, he just roars and it seems beter than how he talked in sunshine. watch the opening to galaxy on ign to see what i mean

phate

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's voice from sunshine and those sports games is like the whole sonic switching to the 4kids voiceactors. They suck and no one wants them. Bowser sounded like a monster in melee, and should stay that way in brawl. There really isnt a way to make him cocky and proud like he is in most of his games.

maxieman

Smash Ace
WALLS OF TEXT!? AHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHH

I wonder why I didnt respond to this thread in such a manner earlier...

AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH

The Duck

Smash Champion
I would not mind hearing Bowser speak a little bit in Brawl. In fact I’d think it’d be pretty cool. However, it needs to be moderated, a lot.
-No speech during actual battle time, and if there is any, let it be at a minimum, since that’s the way it’s always been. Some laughter would be good, such as his Mario 64 laughter, however, as one of his taunts. That would be awesome.
-Try not to make his lines too much in the line of corny-type jokes. Not that he needs to be extremely threatening, but a mix of intimidating and childish would balance things out.
-He does not have to speak too much, either. A medium amount of dialogue is good.
-His voice from Mario Sunshine is…yuck. I’ve heard far worse voices, dont' get me wrong, but it's not great and he sounds like that bulldog from Tom & Jerry. That this voice stays in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and probably a few Mario Party games post-Sunshine in release is a bit daunting, but it was reduced to growls in Mario Power Tennis, and the golf game took a few pages from Sunshine, which included that voice.

So what should his voice sound like? There was this show on Nickelodeon called The Wild Thornberries, long ago, and I recall a Komodo dragon that had a really cool, foreboding voice in one episode, and it would go with Bowser well. It’s a good bit different from the Sunshine voice, though, so continuity would be on a downer if they used that kind of voice.

I doubt he’ll speak, however, since all of the cutscenes we’ve seen so far have lacked voice work. BUT with the voice work in the StarFox crew scenes from Melee, we cannot rule anything out just yet.

But I’ll also say that having Giga Bowser speak would not work… that version is bent on causing destruction at its every waking moments and speech wouldn’t do it justice.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I dunno the only two times I've ever heard Bowser speak was in Sunshine and...

The old cartoon series from the 80's... dear lord...

Top Bottom