• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser pro-tip #1

Brookman

Smash Hero
Pro-tip #1 - Don't Jump.

Bowser's fortress (UP + B) attacks on frame one. This is common knowledge, you may be thinking, but! What you may not realize is, pressing up on the control stick will often result in unnecessarily JUMPING.

Bowser's jump is (iirc) airborn on frame 9 or 10?? Effectively, if you input a jump using up before pressing B your move will not come out in 1 frame but will instead come out in 10 or 11 frames!!

While this won't often make the hugest of differences it makes trading with up and b infinitely easier, among other things.

Jonas

Smash Champion
What the hell are you talking about

Fortress cancels the jump so it comes out right away (which is also why you never see anyone do an airborne fortress OOS unless they mess up).

Brookman

Smash Hero
it might come out on frame 10 for all I know. Also, Jonas, you're a negative nancy. gtfo

soju

SD God
bah forget about mr. puffy pants here, are you going to post any more pro tips? :3
i'm thinking of picking up bowser now but i'm still way too noob with him :B

Brookman

Smash Hero
I can definitely consider it after I play him some more. I should also take note to ammend the frame data I listed but . . . thats beside the point right now.

soju

SD God
lol is there any decent bowser players atm where i can watch some vids and steal some techniques besides the almighty gimpyfish?

TheGoat

Smash Ace
lol is there any decent bowser players atm where i can watch some vids and steal some techniques besides the almighty gimpyfish?
Dude check out Iori's bowser on youtube, it's amazing.

And iirc bowsers jump becomes airborn after 15 minutes

soju

SD God
checked out the guys mentioned and i'm like dang man =w= hopefully i can get up to their bowser level haha, gonna be hard since i'm also a pikachu main and last time i checked they are "slightly" different, only a tad bit though ouo

Top Bottom