• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser: Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
Nothing less or more.

- Although every third character has an absorb/reflect/deflect technique, only one character is really immune to Firebreath. That's Falco. If you time it right, any other character can be punished with Firebreath.

- The Whirling Fortress, when used in air, has a bouncing lag animation -- IF you land from high enough. However, if you use Whirling Fortress from a low enough altitude, or say beneath a ledge, you will not get this lag bounce.

- Whirling Fortress does not have the knockback it once had, but it still has great priority and launch speed, and good damage for a "get off me" style tick.

- When using the aerial down+A from too high, you will tend to get owned. However, used from a low enough posture, you will grind up a little damage and when you touch down, a shockwave will push the enemy away.

- The Aerial Side B is a good move for adjusting your airspeed.

- Avoid using the Aerial Side A while trying to recover, the lag will often cause you to fall to your death...

- Bowser seems slow, but the truth is, his dash is just as quick as Mario's, and he has one of the best airspeeds in the game. Jumping towards the enemy is very effective.

- Dashing at an enemy does not leave you many options, but if you jump at him, there's all kinds of different approaches you can use.

I will add to this as I make more observations.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nothing less or more.

- Although every third character has an absorb/reflect/deflect technique, only one character is really immune to Firebreath. That's Falco. If you time it right, any other character can be punished with Firebreath.Falco isn't "Immune" to it either if you know how to use it correctly. This is false information.

- The Whirling Fortress, when used in air, has a bouncing lag animation -- IF you land from high enough. However, if you use Whirling Fortress from a low enough altitude, or say beneath a ledge, you will not get this lag bounce.This had already been known about, discovered, and talked about... but congrats?

- Whirling Fortress does not have the knockback it once had, but it still has great priority and launch speed, and good damage for a "get off me" style tick. ...K? Why are you writing this, we have a guide that contained this.

- When using the aerial down+A from too high, you will tend to get owned. However, used from a low enough posture, you will grind up a little damage and when you touch down, a shockwave will push the enemy away.Or you could just not use the D-air and instead land away from them and punish, that would be a good idea.. or you could land with an easily shielded/dodged aerial.. and then get *****... good idea.

- The Aerial Side B is a good move for adjusting your airspeed.... Again you continue to amaze me.. with all this old stuff you're bringing to the table its like the salvation army of discoveries.

- Avoid using the Aerial Side A while trying to recover, the lag will often cause you to fall to your death...Dayummmm Truth son. *facepalm*

- Bowser seems slow, but the truth is, his dash is just as quick as Mario's, and he has one of the best airspeeds in the game. Jumping towards the enemy is very effective.Lol not. Playing defensively is effective, jumping towards them is not, you need tournament experience before you make "observations"

- Dashing at an enemy does not leave you many options, but if you jump at him, there's all kinds of different approaches you can use.Same thing as the lst one and still wrong.

I will add to this as I make more observations.Nope thats fine, no need if they're of this caliber we're probably all set.
Responses in bold.

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
Re: KevinM
If all you want to talk about is tournament experience, return to the Back Room please.

I've been in Back Room before, lost interest in melee, haven't bothered to petition to get back in.
Because all you guys care about is defeating the other 0.1% best at the game.

I can't stand your "Nuts to the average guy" attitude.
Bowser is playable, and Bowser can defeat your neighbor.

And when Bowser is fighting your neighbor, attacking from the air is a workable strategy.

If you try to shield a Down+A, there's a chance you'll end up eating a Side+B.
If you try to roll away or spot dodge, there's a change you'll end up on the wrong end of fire breath.
If you try to counter-smash, you may end up being flattened by a Bomb.
Bowser is quite capable of playing head games up there.

As for your "We already have a post about this".
All that post said about WF is that it was not as good as melee.
If someone did not play melee, or did not play Bowser in melee, what have they learned from diligently reading the sticky?

Jack, except not to do WF often - which is a mistake.
Whirling Fort is really good for repositioning or using to outprioritize an enemy when your damage is high or your posture is dicey.

Also.
If all you can tell players who think, is to shut their mouth and stop thinking, I will never reply to your posts again.

Some things need to be thought by multiple people, to keep arrogant idiots like you from convincing everyone the world is flat.

See my signature.

This argument's done, and there won't be another. I will be back when I have more observations.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because this site is about competitive gaming therefore the majority of people on this forum are playing to win. I don't care if you think its the other .1 percent of the population, it's the majority on this site. Stop posting garbage.

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with Kevin on this one...
1/2 of the things - we already knew.
and bowser should stay grounded for the most part. you realize that bowser has NO defense under his body when he's in the air, besides a bowser bomb or a dair, both of which can be easily shielded (and then Bowser gets punished).
plus firebreath has start lag and ending lag. how can you start it up in the air if you're short hopping?
don't be jump happy. just stay on the ground and space yourself.

if I wanted to beat my neighbor at SSB I wouldn't be on SWF in the first place. >.>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom