• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Needs Something

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I am kind of torn apart about the jumpsquat thing. I would want to keep it for its uniqueness, but I know reducing it would address Bowsers issues very well...
I was thinking the same thing but I think it would be cool if they somehow put IASA frames on his jump squat (like after frame 4) If they did that along with a dash speed boost and lowering his friction it would allow him to do lots of sliding jabs and tilts for approach. you could also make his jump squat animation a bit more noticeable so you could use it for mind games and stuff.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
The problem with powershielding is learning it.

If PM had a mode where CPU's just threw projectiles at me i'd be happy, but they don't.

Last edited:

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
You guys sure like to complicate things with weird traction attributes and cancels 'n' stuff.
Bowser doesn't get destroyed by bad spacing options. You guys already know his attacks are huge. He's just too little too slow to cover his butt half the time. I understand that Bowser prefers to punish rather than advance, but he can only be so quick and precise to pull that off on a consistent basis.
Tighter frame data + another round of cast balancing could be the primo box.
I will say that i'm all for a more lenient Fortress Hog, but a faster jab combo more so. Shell, even just a faster Jab1 would be a sweet buff.

Last edited:

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Also, you ladies want something to play with? Fullhop Koopa Klaw has ZERO landing lag. No, I don't mean auto-cancel to a standard landing animation like a rising fullhop fastfall FAIR/NAIR/BAIR/UAIR (?). I mean Bowser is in idle stand as soon as he's detected on the ground. Unfortunately that means Flame Cancels are out, but whatever.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
you can fullhop Koopa Klaw into fullhop Koopa Klaw into fullhop Koopa Klaw if you wanted to

Koopa Klaw

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What Bowser needs is a new hair style. I propose that he gets "Hyrule Warriors" Ganon's Hair. Like the Madara Uchiha of Smash chars. Give Bowser this and he will be viable

Top Bottom