• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser in 2v2

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about a Bowser and Lucas combo the other day, in addition to other possibilities. Right now I think they could be a good combo, perhaps. Lucas can camp and "hold stocks" for Bowser while Bowser protects Lucas. Plus when both enemies are out of the way, he can heal Lucas with flame breath (assuming FF is an option). Since Bowser is hard to kill, Lucas's stocks will mean more, I think. Oh, and Lucas can shoot PK thunders into the fray as well.

Questions for discussion -
Will my strategy work? If not, why?
What other good team partners are there for Bowser?
Will Bowser be useful for something other than tanking?

Edit'd because this is is really a gimmick type combo...

bigman40

Smash Master
We are jumping strategies out before we've even gotten the game! I mean, I know that everyone's excited to this but this needs to wait until we actually get the game.
For the record, it might work because Lucas does have the healing move, BUT i know that bowser can get doubled easily if Lucas stays behind.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Continuing bigman40's point, especially since Bowser's enemies may be faster or jugglers. So imagine Pit and Meta Knight ganging up on Bowser. How is Bowser going to counterattack? Even with Lucas's PK Thunder doing occasional damage and flinching, there are plenty more faster characters who can hit Bowser hard.

And yes, we don't have the game yet so everything's still hypothetical.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Ack, I didn't really think about it like that. You guys are probably right, but I still think the other questions should be addressed, and I find it fun to see what people think may happen, especially with teams, 'cause it'll be great with the addition of WiFi. What other characters would Bowser do good with?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
since we havnt gotten the game yet, we cant know how characters work yet, but, judgeing fom bowser's size and his invincibility frames, a good projectile user like samus, or if hes in megaman, would make a good team with him. bowser could take the brunt of the attacks as megaman or samus shoot up the other team. this is flawed due to the fact that the other team can have the quik characters as mentioned before.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Bowsercides with a life bank.
Actually that's a pretty funny way to think about it, as long as you have an ally, you can essentially wipe out one of the opposing team's players with bowsercides if you can pull it off them come back to double team the one, then again they can just grab each other's lives too.

Smash Ace
Gimpy didn't mention who dies first. It is possible that, in a timed match, it is very difficult to tell.

PS: grammar is your friend. Just so that you know, the question mark key is right next to the period.

iron blade

Smash Ace
yea, the enemies are underneath you so i think they will die first. lol "bowsercides", such an awesome word.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the person you grab doesn't necessarily die first, bowser sort of smothers the person he is holding, it was impossible to tell in a timed match

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of when a friend of mine and I would go DK and Bowser (respectively) on teams. He would grab them and hold them over his head, then I would FSmash them. It was good times. Not all that effective, but it looked funny and it was fun.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
the person you grab doesn't necessarily die first, bowser sort of smothers the person he is holding, it was impossible to tell in a timed match
Well...

Bowser is on top of he's victim by the ending of the animation...

But then again, in Melee, Kirby is right in the middle and he sometimes dies first...

We should test thins thing first thing in Brawl ^_^

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I like the fact that Bowser can actually chain throw with it now. Then with no lag on the move you can do so many mindgames with it ohh man im so pumped to abuse this move.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you can do 2 in a row at like zero percent, but its knockback scales up way to much to combo into anything at over like 20%

still amazingly cool though lol

iron blade

Smash Ace
Well, even if you can't use it repeatedly at higher percents, it still provides an opportunity for follow-up attacks.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I would think that if Bowser had Metaknight on his team, then it might be a good combo. Metaknight swoops in and does some quick combos with his sword, then leaps back and lets Bowser finish them off with his forward-A Smash or by "Bowserciding" them.

Sure, the combination with Metaknight could possibly be a little on the difficult side unless there was another equally fast character there, such as Sonic or someone else. Then the match-up would just end up becoming the speedy two versus one another, and Bowser and the second opponent against one another.

In Melee, I've noticed with Bowser, I have a rough time fighting any swordsman. Their reach is just longer than Bowser's and strikes him, plus, they are faster. If Bowser's any faster than he was in Melee, then I think I might actually have a chance against the swordsman.

But, as I said, It would most likely be either Bowser with a fast character, or with one of the larger, slower characters, such as DK or Ike.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
what it looks like to me bowsers real strength is to get them where he wants them to go, and keeps them there with some high powered kill moves
-Throw
-B and Forward B

A projectile user would probably work out, however like said before speedy characters could easily combo them unless bowser keeps a space between him and them and times his moves well. but all that would do is make the enemies come towards the projectile man.

My thought is....
Link- Link has good stunning capabilities giving bowser the ability to get off either a smash, a throw or a B, and the mix of links chargable up b, and Bowsers pile driver could make an excellent combo.

I think everyone else would leave bowser too open to attacks due to other characters lack of versitile stunning capabilities or massive hitbox kill moves.

Link or a sonic. Sonic due to his lack of powerful moves but ability to combo and stun characters easily...
-Picture the earth with the moon revolving around it, a lot like that... Bowser with kill moves, sonic with stunning moves protecting bowser for the most part, but making sure he doesn't get hit by most of the attacks

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I think metaknight-Bowser would make an awesome combo, not only in working well together but in pure awesomeness too.
I don't know if it's just me but I've always liked having Bowser and Mario as a team.

I LOVE the claw attack.
I like how they semi got it from Galaxy. Should be very nice.

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
Bowser and mario would be great... those two happen to be my best characters. I also think that bowser and dedede could be a powerhouse team.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
How about Bowser and Sonic?

Bowser does koopa claw, and as he is coming down, Sonic starts to charge up a homing attack. BAM 1-2 combo that should do sizeable damage and knockback.

Top Bottom