• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bowser: Hitboxes and Frame Data [3.6]

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
This is a strange request, but when you finish compiling the guide for the 3.6 frame data, could you host this old frame data somewhere else? I'm convinced that Bowser has been heavily nerfed from 3.5 to 3.6 and being able to use this guide as a reference would be very helpful in further studies
I'll leave Bowser's 3.5 data in the second post.

Bome_sall

Smash Rookie
Good god, Bowser's ledge jump below 100% is insanely fast! Like, he can invincible waveland on the side platforms of fountain, warioware, yoshi's, battlefield, and even dreamland. If I had the ability I'd do it myself, but someone should make gifs of his invincible ledge jump wavelands :D.

Then again I haven't played PM in a while so I'm not sure if this was a thing previously or not haha.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Question, how come his Auto-Canceled aerials have worse shield advantage than his L-Cancelled ones?
my guess is that the frame advantage is worse because bowser has to be pretty high up to autocancel aerials and so the amount of frames he needs to fall in order to get an autocancel is more then the amount of hitlag the opponent goes through so its safer on shield for bowser to just throw out an aerial just before hitting the ground and just L-canceling it so the endlag of the move is canceled (because his L-canceled landing lag probably has less frames then the frames of endlag on bowsers aerials). sorry if i said that in a confusing way.

Last edited:

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Question, how come his Auto-Canceled aerials have worse shield advantage than his L-Cancelled ones?
As Tayter said, you have to wait for the auto-cancel window to open up which is usually pretty far into the move, so you'd also have to be pretty high into the air. A lot of auto-cancel windows are just flat out impossible/unrealistic or just absolutely horrendous in advantage as a result.

It's not as simple as shieldstun - empty landing. :p

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Thanks for the explanation guys! :D
definitely. glad to help. it would be nice if bowser was given something that autocanceled safer on shield like ganon has but i guess bowser does already have flame canceling, sideB, grab and grounded upB for pretty safe shield pressure.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What'S up with Bowser's hurtboxes flying out during UpB

Top Bottom