• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Grab release

ColZDude

Smash Rookie
I haven't played alot of bowser, and most people I try this on, (character specific maybe) has it work, but has anyone tried release grab chaining?

First you do a running grab, and bite them a few times. Assuming they do they ground version of release etc, allowing for infinites in corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VDgAZqSK2Q

It seems relatively unknown. Comments?

Massive

Smash Champion
I've done this before. It's pretty cool.

It can be dreadfully hard to get regular grabs on people so I usually do it off of the claw.
I also occasionally mix in a claw release > ftilt at higher %s. While they can always usually shield the ftilt, it has some minor KO potential and is generally a good mixup.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I'd rather have the positioning and guaranteed damage which is going to be more than grabbing somebody and headbutting them several times hoping they aren't holding jump

but it's a decent option to do very scarcely i suppose

the biggest thing with bowser after a grab is positioning i think

get them off the stage

then put them away

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Seems like too much work and risk for too little of a reward for it to be worth it.

Wall infiniting is awesome, but one almost never gets a chance to actually infinite people. They have to be playing as someone who falls really fast (Falco and 'Falcon, most notably) up against a rather highish wall with no platforms to save them.

Which characters exactly can be wall infinited? I'm pretty sure Falco and 'Falcon can be infinited (them being the two fastest fallers in the game) and probably Fox as well, but what about DK, Roy, and perhaps Ganondorf? According to Mew2King, they're the next fastest fallers in the roster.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Unless you have them in your hands in the pit of the rock transformation for some reason, right? Then it's a guaranteed CGR, no matter whether they air release or ground release, and you can still throw them when you're done. Damage and positioning, kinda like dinner and a show. :p

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Fox falls faster than Falcon.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I'll be experimenting with Bowser's grab-release a lot at this coming weekend's Florida monthly. I think it can be useful for positioning purposes and for some extra damage.

In response to the OP, though, getting off another grab from grab release won't really work against good players. It has to be frame perfect.

ColZDude

Smash Rookie
yeah, true. i mean if you can get them doing a certain mash motion, i thought it might be benificial for a mix up.

say they change to xy escape mashing while DIing out, you could just foward throw/ back throw them off the stage and get more distance for an edgegaurd.

mixing up by listening to them mashing also can allow for you to down throw and tech chase possibly because they will probobly miss the tech (if mashing with jump)

Just throwing stuff out there (=

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
If you catch an opponent with the 'Klaw while near the edge of the stage and facing toward it, would biting and regrabbing to FThrow ever be a better idea than just 'Klaw throwing (to some sort of combo or aerial or something)? This is assuming that their percentage isn't high enough for you to just 'Klaw back throw them off the other side of the stage or screen.

And would just headbutting in the same situation instead of FThrowing be a good idea? If they ground release, you can try to regrab, or else just 'Fortress sweetspot them if you're close enough to the edge and fortress hog, and if they air release, they're off the stage, which is kind of exactly where you want them to be and stuff.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Klaw Fthrow is usually a better combo move, but I guess if your opponent is high % and not a fastfaller a regrab could be pretty cool.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You're underestimating the strength of Koopa Klaw. At high %'s, it's more than strong enough to launch the opponent clear across the stage and into the opposing blastzone, especially on smaller stages like Yoshi's and FoD. It isn't just a regular throw; it's a kill throw.

Edit: Also, I was replying to Jonas, not you, lolz! :p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if you are at a percent where you think you can legitimately KILL A CHARACTER by klaw back throwing them THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE STAGE AND THEN TO THE BLAST ZONE then somebody is diing SO very wrong, its not like they even have to chose which direction to di

even if no di can kill them you have managed to get them to percents that i have never seen outside of major match trolling against people i'm wayyyyyyy better than lol

klaw is good

but not

THAT

good.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
You're underestimating the strength of Koopa Klaw. At high %'s, it's more than strong enough to launch the opponent clear across the stage and into the opposing blastzone, especially on smaller stages like Yoshi's and FoD. It isn't just a regular throw; it's a kill throw.
'Klaw throws are apparently 1.3 times as powerful as normal throws. They're real blasts from the past, so to speak. Straight out of Smash 64. I'm well aware of how powerful the back throw in particular is, and I have KO'd people with it.

Edit: Also, I was replying to Jonas, not you, lolz! :p
Well, no wonder it doesn't compute, then.

I must be really tired or something. Sheesh. :facepalm:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
if you are at a percent where you think you can legitimately KILL A CHARACTER by klaw back throwing them THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE STAGE AND THEN TO THE BLAST ZONE then somebody is diing SO very wrong, its not like they even have to chose which direction to di

even if no di can kill them you have managed to get them to percents that i have never seen outside of major match trolling against people i'm wayyyyyyy better than lol

klaw is good

but not

THAT

good.
Well, perhaps on FD. :ohwell: It really depends on the stage. First off, Klaw is fast enough that it can legitimately surprise an opponent and catch him with no DI. Secondly, on small stages, like YS and FoD, it can definitely throw the opponent across the stage for the kill. Even on BF it can throw them really far off the other side. Obviously, I'm not lecturing the world's greatest Bowser, but I thought I'd clarify myself.

bowser is closer to 64 dk than melee dk
Well I'd certainly hope so, seeing as how there's no Bowser in 64. :p

Top Bottom