• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Freezes the Game

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
More often than not, Bowser Freezes the game before a match starts, right after selecting a stage. If by chance you get Bowser in random, the possibility exists that the game will freeze as well. This is doubly so when there are more than two combatants in a match. Sorry Bowser players. If you want to play with Bowser, It's about a 1/4 - 3/4 chance that the game will freeze upon selecting a stage. Some stages seem to be less affected, like Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2. They are still prone to freezing, but are less likely to do so.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am using riivolution. And you are right, default color does seem to decrease the chance of freezing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm actually still having the same issue even with 2.5b.

Edit: It was actually my own fault Bowser wasn't working on 2.5b since I'd replaced the XML file with the one I'd edited from 2.5... >_>

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same issue right now regarding loading Bowser's alts. Difference is that I'm loading the game through Configurable USB loader and I'm using the japanese version of the game.

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it was 2.5b. I didn't know it's still in the works for NTSC-J. Ok, until then, I'll just have to make sure I don't pick Bowser's alts.

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
Nevermind I figured it out. all I had to do was add the Giga Bowser textures. Thought I didn't need them at first, but I guess things were telling me otherwise.

Top Bottom