• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bowser freezes after a match ends?

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
So the error involves Bowser, whether using or facing him in any form. The match can be played normally til completion, but as the match ends, the game freezes. This includes generally anytime where bowser is involved in a scenario that brings the match to the result screen (except it never makes it that far).
This has been happening after installing (successfully, might I add, but this is the only lead I can manage) the 12 slot stage expansion for 3.6 and this issue isn't happening with ANY other character.
I'm growing mildly neurotic and any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sunk several days into my current build. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to completely removing the stage expansion because by all rights it SHOULDN'T be the issue but again... I'm running out of ideas.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Did you by any chance change the results screen?
Doing this in 3.6 will cause the result you just mentioned.
I did but even after deleting the custom results, the same bug occured.
same for replacing it back to vanilla PM 3.6 results.

would it fix anything simply by un and reinstalling?

jaystring

Smash Ace
You can have a custom STGResult.pac if you do the following :

"to properly get an older custom Results Screen to work, replace MiscData110 and MiscData120 with the ones from the PM 3.6 results screen. Extract MiscData110 and MiscData120 with BrawlBox from the 3.6 STGRESULT.pac, then Replace the MiscData110 and MiscData120 in your old pre-3.6 STGRESULT.pac with BrawlBox"

I've done it on my custom build and it work.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm pretty sure my posted fix work and TC has something else going on that's causing the problem.

In my custom build, I even have 4 result screen at the same time using ASL (3 of which I fixed with my method and the 4th one is PM 3.6 default) working in random. The random of ASL doesn't seem to work really well (it load like 90% of the time the same one and 10% the other 3) but all 4 of them definitively work without crashing.

The Dank Flame Master

Smash Rookie
You can have a custom STGResult.pac if you do the following :

"to properly get an older custom Results Screen to work, replace MiscData110 and MiscData120 with the ones from the PM 3.6 results screen. Extract MiscData110 and MiscData120 with BrawlBox from the 3.6 STGRESULT.pac, then Replace the MiscData110 and MiscData120 in your old pre-3.6 STGRESULT.pac with BrawlBox"

I've done it on my custom build and it work.
^^ You should receive a medal for this comment. Thank you very much.

Top Bottom