• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Custom Side-B "Dash Slash" Exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH_FinalFormSora

Smash Rookie
NNID
Malx3000
So, I've been messing around with custom moves after doing Smash Run with quite a few characters. I eventually unlocked them all for :4bowser:, and decided to check out his arsenal of moves. I saw his second side B custom, named "Dash Slash" and decided to test it out. I propelled :4bowser: forward and struck the enemy, so my first thought was that it could be used for horizontal recovery. However, that was when I realized something.

From a previous video I had watched from My Smash Corner's (Check that guy's channel out, he's awesome) channel, where he showed a variety of :4diddy: tricks. One included a way to transfer the momentum from :4diddy:'s side B, the "Monkey Flip", into his backwards crawl, allowing for either small or long sliding smashes.

I noticed that :4bowser: and :4diddy:'s angle in these side B's were similar and tried to do something similar with :4bowser:. To put it simply, you must short hop and use :4bowser:'s side B near the ground. You want to time it so :4bowser: hits the ground right after he swings his arm and shoots forward. Then, you do a backwards crawl as you hit the ground. The better your timing is, the farther you will go, and this can result in sliding jabs, tilts, and even smashes. Sliding d-tilt is pretty good to get early damage, as if both hits connect it will result in 26%. The sliding with smashes vary, as I have had F and D-smash both only slide a bit while U-smash slides A LOT. I had an instance where U-smash almost slid across all of the training stage in between local or online matches.

The inputs are: (If facing right)
:GCX:(briefly tap for short hop)
:GCR::GCB:(Side-B)
:GCD::GCDL:(As you touch the ground for back crawl)

Simply mirror these inputs if you are facing left and you will be sliding across FD in no time!

(Judging by the inputs used, you can do this on the Wii U version as well)

P.S. I will soon have a .gif or video showing this technique. If someone else has already discovered this (which I'm sure it has) I am not taking credit of being the founder.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
This was discovered months ago, my friend. We call this "WaveSlashing" although the concept of the technique itself isn't exclusive to Bowser.

The video was made in November but it was known before that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom